Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

100 shot, 14 fatally, in July 4 weekend gun violence across Chicago
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
100 shot, 14 fatally, in July 4 weekend gun violence across Chicago
100 people shot and BLM still nowhere in sight. Dems are doing a great job leading Chicago and Illinois.

Quote:Fourteen people were killed and 86 others were wounded in shootings across Chicago in a bloody Fourth of July weekend between Friday afternoon and Wednesday morning.

Last year’s Independence Day weekend, which was one day shorter than this year’s, ended with 66 people shot, four of them fatally — a total that actually stoked cautious optimism with the lowest death toll for the July 4 weekend in nearly a decade.

Six of the people who died this year were among 36 people shot across the city in an 8-hour span of violence between 8 p.m. Tuesday and 4 a.m. Wednesday.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/18-...y-weekend/
07-05-2017 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: 100 shot, 14 fatally, in July 4 weekend gun violence across Chicago
I say this in the hopes that it will shed some light on why this doesn't get any attention not to be a cold hearted dick head.

I really don't care, not one bit.
07-05-2017 10:56 AM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
No offense Chicago, but your city is doing something wrong to have that much violence. Perhaps the governor should call up the national guard to restore order....
07-05-2017 10:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-05-2017 10:59 AM)hburg Wrote:  No offense Chicago, but your city is doing something wrong to have that much violence. Perhaps the governor should call up the national guard to restore order....

Feds have already been ordered in. We will see if anything comes of it.
07-05-2017 11:01 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(07-05-2017 10:56 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I say this in the hopes that it will shed some light on why this doesn't get any attention not to be a cold hearted dick head.

me either but the OP seems to have a hard on for it.
07-05-2017 11:36 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

(07-05-2017 10:59 AM)hburg Wrote:  No offense Chicago, but your city is doing something wrong to have that much violence. Perhaps the governor should call up the national guard to restore order....

they can't even get a budget approved.
07-05-2017 11:37 AM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-05-2017 11:36 AM)fsquid Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 10:56 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I say this in the hopes that it will shed some light on why this doesn't get any attention not to be a cold hearted dick head.

Different groups always bring this up as if we are all supposed to feign caring or else face a moral dressing down.
07-05-2017 11:45 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 326
Shot & Wounded: 1537
Total Shot: 1863
Total Homicides: 350

And don't snitch
[Image: 2017_clearance_rate_070317.png]
07-05-2017 11:50 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-05-2017 11:45 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

Different groups always bring this up as if we are all supposed to feign caring or else face a moral dressing down.

Do you belong to an organization that is based on the fact that black lives matter?
Are you a leading Democrat in Chicago or Illinois who run on the fact that Republicans don't care about blacks or minorities? The killing fields of Chicago are one of the biggest stories of hypocrisy by BLM and the Democrats. I would hope that you do care about the innocents, especially children, that are caught in the crossfire of the gang bangers. They are the real victims of this slaughter.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 11:54 AM by usmbacker.)
07-05-2017 11:53 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-05-2017 11:53 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  

Do you belong to an organization that is based on the fact that black lives matter?
Are you a leading Democrat in Chicago or Illinois who run on the fact that Republicans don't care about blacks or minorities? The killing fields of Chicago are one of the biggest stories of hypocrisy by BLM and the Democrats. I would hope that you do care about the innocents, especially children, that are caught in the crossfire of the gang bangers. They are the real victims of this slaughter.

Your comment typifies what I was saying in my previous comment.

No, I don't honestly care.

I get the sense that the only reason you care is for the reason you specified, liberal hypocrisy.

I find the disingenuous nature of your caring to be more concerning than me just not honestly giving a ****.
07-05-2017 12:01 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I think I'm going to start a designer label sandbag business in Chicago...
07-05-2017 12:06 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-05-2017 12:01 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

I get the sense that the only reason you care is for the reason you specified, liberal hypocrisy.

I find the disingenuous nature of your caring to be more concerning than me just not honestly giving a ****.

So, you don't care about the innocents that are murdered in the crossfire? Here is one reason I began to take note of the situation in Chicago. I personally met this young man while at my University. He was a fine person and was tracked down and murdered because he told a drug dealer he wouldn't sell his drugs. So don't even begin to preach to me I don't care about what is going on in Chicago. Jonathan Mills was a great young man and his death hit home with USM fans.

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/...03972.html

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/07/25/f...west-side/
07-05-2017 12:12 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

(07-05-2017 12:12 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 11:36 AM)fsquid Wrote:  me either but the OP seems to have a hard on for it.

So, you don't care about the innocents that are murdered in the crossfire? Here is one reason I began to take note of the situation in Chicago. I personally met this young man while at my University. He was a fine person and was tracked down and murdered because he told a drug dealer he wouldn't sell his drugs. So don't even begin to preach to me I don't care about what is going on in Chicago. Jonathan Mills was a great young man and his death hit home with USM fans.

so what have you done about it other than post threads? Has anyone at USM started a foundation to help Chicago youths?
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 12:50 PM by fsquid.)
07-05-2017 12:36 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Are there refugees from chicago? Can they go to a sanctuary city like chicago? Wait nevermind.
07-05-2017 01:45 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-05-2017 11:36 AM)fsquid Wrote:  me either but the OP seems to have a hard on for it.

Look, I'm not trying to call you out and morally degrade you.

My point is that I have to be honest and say I don't care. I simply don't. You can throw buzzwords at me and they still mean nothing to me.

And, forgive me, but the basketball connection is tenuous as best.

You're practicing the same mental gymnastics some on the left do. They pretend to be victims and you pretend to be a moral upright on this issue.

Do I believe you care? Maybe in some tiny way where it impacts you--the two you've given are your school's basketball team and liberal hypocrisy, but not in the abstract.
07-05-2017 02:40 PM
LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
(07-05-2017 02:40 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 11:45 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Different groups always bring this up as if we are all supposed to feign caring or else face a moral dressing down.

Look, I'm not trying to call you out and morally degrade you.

My point is that I have to be honest and say I don't care. I simply don't. You can throw buzzwords at me and they still mean nothing to me.

And, forgive me, but the basketball connection is tenuous as best.

You're practicing the same mental gymnastics some on the left do. They pretend to be victims and you pretend to be a moral upright on this issue.

Do I believe you care? Maybe in some tiny way where it impacts you--the two you've given are your school's basketball team and liberal hypocrisy, but not in the abstract.

I agree with both of you to a degree.

For the gangbangers and drug dealers that are getting popped, I couldn't care less. Have at it scum bags.

But periodically a child or grandmother raising her shitbag son's and/or daughter's children, dies in a crossfire, I do feel bad.

What can we do about it? Well maybe call out the people who could do something and just ignore the situation.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 03:01 PM by LeFlâneur.)
07-05-2017 03:00 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(07-05-2017 12:06 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I think I'm going to start a designer label sandbag business in Chicago...

I was thinking AR500 bathtubs
07-05-2017 03:45 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(07-05-2017 03:45 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 12:06 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I think I'm going to start a designer label sandbag business in Chicago...

I like that better.

And to lower injuries to innocent bystanders we could open a firearm skills center somewhere outside of Chicago that specializes in the sideways gatt hold method so that bad guys can look good while still maintaining optimum accuracy.
07-05-2017 04:26 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(07-05-2017 04:26 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 03:45 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

I like that better.

And to lower injuries to innocent bystanders we could open a firearm skills center somewhere outside of Chicago that specializes in the sideways gatt hold method so that bad guys can look good while still maintaining optimum accuracy.

I'm working on becoming the Chicago area sole distributor of these:

[Image: CdvMial.jpg]
07-05-2017 04:40 PM
nutbushtiger Offline
The Trooper

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I figured Obama would go back to his hometown and do some community organizing, spruce the place up a bit. Guess not.
07-05-2017 04:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.