Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

All you ULM people
Bookmark and Share
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
All you ULM people
Ok boys and girls, I'm in Monroe for a couple days. I always say Lafayette has the best food in the state, prove me wrong by telling me where to eat.

Of course while I'm here, I'll be driving around campus to take a look.
07-02-2017 09:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

indianE Offline
2nd String

I Root For: stAte
RE: All you ULM people
Not a ulm person, but I enjoy the Waterfront grill when in Monroe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
07-02-2017 11:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Golota Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM
Waterfront Grill near campus. BBQ shrimp po boy and my favorite is Ribeye Steak with Shrimp Rahkee sauce and the twice baked potato. They don't have Fried food at WF. That's my favorite meal of all time. I highly suggest Waterfront Grill. A lot of cool memorabilia.

Magic City Grill for Burgers and Po Boys.

Warehouse #1 for seafood
Doe's supposedly has good steak.
Genusa's for Italian
Big Momma fine food fo soul food
Catfish Charlie's
Geno's for Italian
Also if you want good ambiance SQs is ok the river downtown theybredid menu and new owner. It's suppose to Be decent. Best view for a resturant.
Copelands has decent seafoods
Melvins has good burgers.
For size of the city Monroe has decent places to eat. Laffy has some great spots they're the best for food.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 07:00 AM by Golota.)
07-03-2017 06:58 AM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
Cotton is certainly worth a try (tad expensive but the food service and overall ambiance is worth it)
07-03-2017 07:00 AM
Golota Offline
Special Teams

I agree cotton is good but it's overpriced IMO.
07-03-2017 07:06 AM
Golota Offline
Special Teams

If there's anything I particular you're looking for let me know.
07-03-2017 07:24 AM
Advertisement

Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

Planter's, upstairs at Cotton, is an oyster(Raw and different chargrilled, etc), Mule (Moscow Mule, Mexican Mule, etc.), and amazing gourmet pizza (try the whole hog), and Rawz Sushi, Asian, Thai) is really good too and on 165 by campus. Rawz doesn't look impressive from the outside but is amazing. All Golata mentioned are good too as well as Johnny's Pizza. Doe's is a MUST and is amazing as well.
07-03-2017 08:08 AM
Cajun_lannister Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Louisiana
(07-03-2017 08:08 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  Planter's, upstairs at Cotton, is an oyster(Raw and different chargrilled, etc), Mule (Moscow Mule, Mexican Mule, etc.), and amazing gourmet pizza (try the whole hog), and Rawz Sushi, Asian, Thai) is really good too and on 165 by campus. Rawz doesn't look impressive from the outside but is amazing. All Golata mentioned are good too as well as Johnny's Pizza. Doe's is a MUST and is amazing as well.

I ordered Johnny's Pizza one night working in Bastrop took one bite then threw the entire box of pizza away .. CICI's has better pizza
07-05-2017 08:04 AM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

(07-05-2017 08:04 AM)Cajun_lannister Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 08:08 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  Planter's, upstairs at Cotton, is an oyster(Raw and different chargrilled, etc), Mule (Moscow Mule, Mexican Mule, etc.), and amazing gourmet pizza (try the whole hog), and Rawz Sushi, Asian, Thai) is really good too and on 165 by campus. Rawz doesn't look impressive from the outside but is amazing. All Golata mentioned are good too as well as Johnny's Pizza. Doe's is a MUST and is amazing as well.

I ordered Johnny's Pizza one night working in Bastrop took one bite then threw the entire box of pizza away .. CICI's has better pizza

To each their own. Different people like different types of pizza. Many love Johnny's. On a sad note, Johnny past away last week.
07-05-2017 08:58 AM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(07-05-2017 08:58 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  

To each their own. Different people like different types of pizza. Many love Johnny's. On a sad note, Johnny past away last week.

personally, I like Papa Johns but everytime we get one they never stay open very long
07-05-2017 09:01 AM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

Liar.
07-05-2017 04:13 PM
Advertisement

TaxusExpress Offline
Banned

I Root For: Anyone but LSU

Dude, that's bad. Worse than cardboard, cheese, and tomato paste? That's hard to imagine.
07-05-2017 04:57 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(07-05-2017 04:13 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  

Liar.
Johnny's is good, but it's really nothing special that everyone likes to think it is
07-05-2017 05:00 PM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

(07-05-2017 05:00 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

Liar.
Johnny's is good, but it's really nothing special that everyone likes to think it is

Then where do you go? Voted best pizza many years in a row in Shreveport. Many of those voters were Tech people.
07-05-2017 05:05 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(07-05-2017 05:05 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 05:00 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

Liar.

Then where do you go? Voted best pizza many years in a row in Shreveport. Many of those voters were Tech people.

Pie Works or just buy frozen pizza from Walmart
07-05-2017 05:56 PM
TaxusExpress Offline
Banned

I Root For: Anyone but LSU
Wink RE: All you ULM people
(07-02-2017 09:55 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Ok boys and girls, I'm in Monroe for a couple days. I always say Lafayette has the best food in the state, prove me wrong by telling me where to eat.

Of course while I'm here, I'll be driving around campus to take a look.

It just hit me, in the PC world we live in today, "you ULM people"... 04-jawdrop
07-05-2017 08:43 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Johnny's is better than the big chains. Not a thing in the world wrong with grabbing a large pizza and pitcher of beer for pre-tailgate.
07-06-2017 08:33 AM
Golota Offline
Special Teams

Johnnys is good not great. It's better than Pizza Hut, Dominos etc.. IMO people think it's way better than it is. But it's the same thing about people from Texas think What a Burger is the best thing ever and In N out. It's the thing they'd grew up on or went to college and had. They're all good though.

A room temperature Johnny's Pizza at 2am after the bar is great though!
07-06-2017 08:39 AM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
When it comes to Johnny's pizza, I find that it all depends on which particular Johnny's location you visit. Some are much better than others. The Johnny's in Baton Rouge hasn't quite gotten the Sweep the Kitchen figured out yet.
07-06-2017 12:04 PM
Golota Offline
Special Teams

(07-06-2017 12:04 PM)BRtransplant Wrote:  When it comes to Johnny's pizza, I find that it all depends on which particular Johnny's location you visit. Some are much better than others. The Johnny's in Baton Rouge hasn't quite gotten the Sweep the Kitchen figured out yet.

I agree.
07-06-2017 12:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.