Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Projected Men's Basketball Finish
Bookmark and Share
MT FAN Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Projected Men's Basketball Finish
1. MT I know it looks like a homer pick but I think we will repeat again this season. We will, however, lose more than one conference game. Brandon Walters will be huge for us this season and so will Nick King. Giddy Potts will have his best season this year. Kermit's tough defensive playing teams continue to stifle the conference It will be tougher this season but we will come out on top

2. UAB UAB will be in the mix to the very end. Nick Norton will return to shore up the PG duties and it will be Cokley and Lee's final season so they should be better. Eshan will have another year under his belt.

3. Marshall Marshall will add a little more size to this year's team to go with Elmore which will make them more dangerous and not so one dimensional.

4. WKU Added a lot of "stars" to their roster but they will be young and not well coached. I'm not buying the hype this year for WKU, maybe next year.

5. ODU Will be a tough defensive team like MT but will still be plagued with very little offense. They loss several guys to graduation but our gaining a few good guys coming in. ODU reminds of Kermit Davis team's of the early 2000's. Tough defense but atrocious offense. Maybe Jeff will be able to turn things around like Kermit did.

6. La Tech Has a talented roster and should be able to play with anyone on a given night but will drop a few too many games to keep them in contention.

7. UTEP Loss a few guards to graduation but still have some big men.

8. North Texas Should be much improved in the post Benford era.

9. Charlotte Mark Price needs to get things rolling at Charlotte

10. Rice Devastated by loss of players and coach, Starting from scratch again.

11. UTSA
12. Southern MIss
13. FIU
14. FAU
06-29-2017 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

WKUYG Away
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: Projected Men's Basketball Finish
(06-29-2017 03:15 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  1. MT I know it looks like a homer pick but I think we will repeat again this season. We will, however, lose more than one conference game. Brandon Walters will be huge for us this season and so will Nick King. Giddy Potts will have his best season this year. Kermit's tough defensive playing teams continue to stifle the conference It will be tougher this season but we will come out on top

2. UAB UAB will be in the mix to the very end. Nick Norton will return to shore up the PG duties and it will be Cokley and Lee's final season so they should be better. Eshan will have another year under his belt.

3. Marshall Marshall will add a little more size to this year's team to go with Elmore which will make them more dangerous and not so one dimensional.

4. WKU Added a lot of "stars" to their roster but they will be young and not well coached. I'm not buying the hype this year for WKU, maybe next year.

5. ODU Will be a tough defensive team like MT but will still be plagued with very little offense. They loss several guys to graduation but our gaining a few good guys coming in. ODU reminds of Kermit Davis team's of the early 2000's. Tough defense but atrocious offense. Maybe Jeff will be able to turn things around like Kermit did.

6. La Tech Has a talented roster and should be able to play with anyone on a given night but will drop a few too many games to keep them in contention.

11. UTSA
12. Southern MIss
13. FIU
14. FAU

Of course picking Middle is a homer pick. To say other wise all you have to do is read your weakness for other teams....

new players or lack of experience.

Then you list that as two out of three of Middle's biggest strengths

You list a player that avg 4ppg and one that did not ply as " Brandon Walters will be huge for us this season and so will Nick King". Other than that you list Giddy Potts & Middle's defense.

You failed to address the two elephants in the room? Or should I say, missing?
06-29-2017 03:31 PM
Luckyshot Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Southern Miss will be Top Ten (in C-USA)!
06-29-2017 03:34 PM
MT FAN Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(06-29-2017 03:31 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(06-29-2017 03:15 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  1. MT I know it looks like a homer pick but I think we will repeat again this season. We will, however, lose more than one conference game. Brandon Walters will be huge for us this season and so will Nick King. Giddy Potts will have his best season this year. Kermit's tough defensive playing teams continue to stifle the conference It will be tougher this season but we will come out on top

11. UTSA
12. Southern MIss
13. FIU
14. FAU

Of course picking Middle is a homer pick. To say other wise all you have to do is read your weakness for other teams....

You list a player that avg 4ppg and one that did not ply as " Brandon Walters will be huge for us this season and so will Nick King". Other than that you list Giddy Potts & Middle's defense.

You speak as if picking us first is some kind of outlandish projection. We have represented the league in the NCAA tournament the last two seasons. I don't have to state that we loss Reggie and Jacorey everyone knows that already. Neither Brandon Walters or Nick King are new or inexperienced players. Nick has played several years of D1 basketball. Last year he had a lung infection and missed several games at Alabama. If you think Brandon did not play you must have not watched us in the NCAA tournament.

These are my projections feel free to make your own projection.
06-29-2017 03:49 PM

MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
I project, with a ton of confidence, that we are a one bid league. We're never going to overcome the bottom half of the league's performance.
06-29-2017 03:55 PM
WKUYG Away
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(06-29-2017 03:49 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  
(06-29-2017 03:31 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

11. UTSA
12. Southern MIss
13. FIU
14. FAU

You speak as if picking us first is some kind of outlandish projection. We have represented the league in the NCAA tournament the last two seasons. I don't have to state that we loss Reggie and Jacorey everyone knows that already. Neither Brandon Walters or Nick King are new or inexperienced players. Nick has played several years of D1 basketball. Last year he had a lung infection and missed several games at Alabama. If you think Brandon did not play you must have not watched us in the NCAA tournament.

These are my projections feel free to make your own projection.

The kid averaged 11 mpg no matter how he played in the NCAA Tourney you seem to be basing your whole opinion on 2 games. Let me tell you a quick story....

it's 2013 an a kid (6'10 FR) that played 14 mpg all season averaging close to the same in ppg as this Walters kid did last year. The team he played made the NCAA tourney and played Kansas the #1 seed in the tourney. The kid came out of that game scoring 11 points, against one of the best centers that year.

Sometimes those stats don't carry over.

Nick King..anything that he's showed to be "special" in other than playing for Memphis and Bama?

You're the one that put those two players as the reason Middle will win CUSA. I just called you out for the homer pick it was. As I said you failed to give other schools with transfers or players sitting out last year the same benefit.
06-29-2017 04:07 PM
Dawgxas Offline
3rd&93

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Didn't see anyone close to replacing Upshaw and Williams on Middle's bench, they will probably end up being close to the top this year also in CUSA but losing your two best players and scorers,plus CUSA MVP, is going to be tough to replace
06-29-2017 04:24 PM

Magic95Fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: North Texas
It's going to be impossible for anybody to predict where North Texas will finish this season. Grant McCasland has almost completely gutted the roster and brought in new players. It's going to be a different ball club, for better or for worse. And i dont see how it could get much worse.
06-29-2017 04:26 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
I feel like you have Marshall a little bit underrated here. :)

If Iran Bennett gets eligible this summer to start at center to go with our establish D'Antoni Pick-and-Option perimeter offense including Elmore, I think Marshall could be a real contender for the CUSA basketball championship this year. I think we'll have some depth with the inside game this year, which has been the achelles heel for us recently.
06-29-2017 04:34 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jenna Webb
What YG doesn't understand about Walters is his rapid progression last year. He will be a dominant presence down low in the league but only if he can stay out of foul trouble. His tendency for unnecessary fouls could limit his production.

Last year at this time I knew we were going to be really good if the team came together. They did. This year I have no idea how good they can be. We will be near the top because the players and experience are there in spite of two big losses. Just not sure how good until I see them on the court a few times or if they are going to be capable of a three peat.
06-29-2017 04:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.