Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Health care-time to put up or shut up
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/22...tes-239872

"“He believes that given the amount of input we’ve had from everybody, we’ll get to 50. Because everybody’s had a seat at the table,” said Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, a close McConnell ally in leadership. “If you get 80 percent of what you want in a circumstance like this, it’s going to have to be a victory because we’re not going to get 100 percent....”

In the past, Paul, Cruz and Lee have all defied McConnell. But they also all entered the Senate on campaigns to repeal Obamacare. McConnell’s message ultimately will boil down to: “It’s time to put up or shut up,” said the party’s chief vote counter, John Cornyn of Texas.
“I think he’s right. We could talk about this endlessly and never reach a conclusion,” Cornyn said in an interview.
Thune added that a more dire argument is beginning to circulate among Republican leaders.
“If we don’t get this done and we end up with Democratic majorities in ‘18, we’ll have single payer. That’s what we’ll be dealing with,” Thune said...."
06-24-2017 09:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: Health care-time to put up or shut up
The GOP needs to get up off it's dead ass and pass something.
06-24-2017 09:12 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2...103118052/

McConnell editorial on failed Obamacare. One point that doesn't get discussed much-and its very real for anyone who has worked in business-

"...We agree on the need to free Americans from Obamacare’s mandates, and policies contained in the discussion draft will repeal the individual mandate so Americans are no longer forced to buy insurance they don’t need or can’t afford; we’ll repeal the employer mandate so Americans no longer see their hours and take-home pay cut by employers...."

Employers do determine hours to work around mandates. Regardless of need, they will limit hours to avoid drastically increasing the cost of a particular employee. They also make expansion decisions based on the various provisions based on the number of employees. For example, this article talks about the 50 employee limit:

https://www.zenefits.com/answers/we-are-...-consider/
06-24-2017 09:23 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Then give 'em a repeal bill. Short of that, the no votes are in the right. It's what EVERYONE campaigned on. Trump and the whole bunch of liars.

Obamacare isn't getting "fixed". What's on the table inevitably leads to single payer too. Not gonna repeal it, then leave it in the Dems name to forever be the blame.

Paul: It sounds like Obamacare. It doesn't even sound like Obamacare lite, in some areas it may be Obamacare plus on the subsidy side. We can't have a bill that spends MORE than Obamacare in the first couple of years and call that repeal.

"In the past, Paul, Cruz and Lee have all defied McConnell. But they also all entered the Senate on campaigns to repeal Obamacare."

Not just those three. EVERYONE.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2017 09:37 AM by Paul M.)
06-24-2017 09:34 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(06-24-2017 09:34 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Then give 'em a repeal bill. Short of that, the no votes are in the right. It's what EVERYONE campaigned on. Trump and the whole bunch of liars.

Obamacare isn't getting "fixed". What's on the table inevitably leads to single payer too. Not gonna repeal it, then leave it in the Dems name to forever be the blame.

Paul: It sounds like Obamacare. It doesn't even sound like Obamacare lite, in some areas it may be Obamacare plus on the subsidy side. We can't have a bill that spends MORE than Obamacare in the first couple of years and call that repeal.

"In the past, Paul, Cruz and Lee have all defied McConnell. But they also all entered the Senate on campaigns to repeal Obamacare."

Not just those three. EVERYONE.

Unless you are going to get rid of the filibuster, you can't do that, as is explained in detail in the article.
06-24-2017 09:42 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

So leave it the alone. I'll never understand this insistence to take over Obamacare and be the responsible party when it fails and leads to single payer. Dems get to where they want to go and get us to take 'em there. Irony.

They ran on repeal. If that means picking up more seats, so be it.

I'm tired of the gutless excuses. And threats against those who still have a spine. If you can't repeal, then you can't, so don't.
06-24-2017 10:01 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(06-24-2017 10:01 AM)Paul M Wrote:  So leave it the alone. I'll never understand this insistence to take over Obamacare and be the responsible party when it fails and leads to single payer. Dems get to where they want to go and get us to take 'em there. Irony.

I'm tired of the gutless excuses. And threats against those who still have a spine. If you can't repeal, then you can't, so don't.

Republicans have the WH, Senate and House. If they do nothing while Obamacare fails, it IS their fault.

You are hung up on Obama thinking. Nothing was ever his fault, even when he had 60 seats in the Senate and huge House majorities.

You won't even get a majority of Republicans to swallow the line of thinking that it is the Democrats' fault that nothing happened while the system collapsed, let alone the independents.
06-24-2017 10:06 AM
glacier_dropsy Offline
1st String

I Root For: air joiner
(06-24-2017 09:12 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  The GOP needs to get up off it's dead ass and pass something.

This seems to be a popular sentiment.
06-24-2017 10:23 AM
MJG Offline
1st String

I Root For: U I , UMich, SC
No one is saying it but Trump is the problem.
Can't keep the good parts of Obama care (pre existing conditions) without paying for it.
How do you pay for it that's the difference in Obama Care and Trump Care.
It's all in and single payer or all out anything else is a disaster.
Trump has promised to keep the pre existing conditions part also better health care heath care for everyone.
I guess that will be his you can keep your doctor.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
06-24-2017 10:58 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Only moronic grubers want single payer. Because you have to be a moronic gruber not to understand what single payer is and would lead to.
06-24-2017 11:39 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(06-24-2017 10:01 AM)Paul M Wrote:  So leave it the alone. I'll never understand this insistence to take over Obamacare and be the responsible party when it fails and leads to single payer. Dems get to where they want to go and get us to take 'em there. Irony.

or just scrap that pos altogether.....

nobody has the balls to do that....not even DJT....

they're focusing on the wrong thing....they couldn't fix this shite if they actually knew how to....the boomers, due to pure numbers, screwed the system w/o any forethought what that would involve moving forward...that's semantics, but is the root....us X'rs saw this coming long ago...

I tossed my hands in the air when 0'shitecare was passed.....

there's so many tangents I could draw from.....my fave is a new vehicle costing more than a house due to dipshite gubberment mandated engineering.....

once you spoil the kids.....it's over....

I'm safe.....however, the ones that follow are ****** exponentially....that's sad in so many ways...

welcome to hell boys and girls.....enjoy the chit-chat that won't mean dick in the end....
06-24-2017 11:40 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(06-24-2017 10:58 AM)MJG Wrote:  No one is saying it but Trump is the problem.
Can't keep the good parts of Obama care (pre existing conditions) without paying for it.
How do you pay for it that's the difference in Obama Care and Trump Care.
It's all in and single payer or all out anything else is a disaster.
Trump has promised to keep the pre existing conditions part also better health care heath care for everyone.
I guess that will be his you can keep your doctor.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app

no.....generating two generations of spoiled little biatches and corpshite 'murica leveraging is the problem....

capitalism has weaved its way into a corner....

you have to be a dipshite to think one man is "the problem"

he's pointing out what the problems are....people don't like it when you tell them the truth....

#whatthefuckever
06-24-2017 11:43 AM
stinkfist Offline

(06-24-2017 10:06 AM)bullet Wrote:  

Republicans have the WH, Senate and House. If they do nothing while Obamacare fails, it IS their fault.

You are hung up on Obama thinking. Nothing was ever his fault, even when he had 60 seats in the Senate and huge House majorities.

You won't even get a majority of Republicans to swallow the line of thinking that it is the Democrats' fault that nothing happened while the system collapsed, let alone the independents.

they can't get out of their own way......and people think this cluster**** of gubbernment is solid....

03-drunk03-drunk03-drunk
06-24-2017 11:45 AM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
The biggest issue and problem here is that you cannot simply "repeal". There are now tens of millions of decent, hard working people who played by the rules at the time, that would be thrown off plans, Medicaid, whatever it may be.

What do they do? This travesty took YEARS to infest our healthcare delivery system, it's gonna take years to tear is out, fumigate the place and clean up all the debris.

It's got to be done in phases of some sort, over time to again allow the market to adjust and products to develop.

I'm as staunch an opponent of this trash as anyone. I've seen what it has done to MANY people, torn families apart and cost friends and colleagues their jobs, their business, damn near everything. It's an unmitigated disaster to many.

It would be compounding that to do something rash and expose even more to potential financial ruin.

It's gotta go, no doubt. But it's got to be done in a predictable, measured process.
06-24-2017 12:05 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(06-24-2017 12:05 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  The biggest issue and problem here is that you cannot simply "repeal". There are now tens of millions of decent, hard working people who played by the rules at the time, that would be thrown off plans, Medicaid, whatever it may be.

What do they do? This travesty took YEARS to infest our healthcare delivery system, it's gonna take years to tear is out, fumigate the place and clean up all the debris.

It's got to be done in phases of some sort, over time to again allow the market to adjust and products to develop.

I'm as staunch an opponent of this trash as anyone. I've seen what it has done to MANY people, torn families apart and cost friends and colleagues their jobs, their business, damn near everything. It's an unmitigated disaster to many.

It would be compounding that to do something rash and expose even more to potential financial ruin.

It's gotta go, no doubt. But it's got to be done in a predictable, measured process.

Why not just repeal? add a rider that said if you were paying on Obama Care you can't be refused insurance for preexisting conditions. Let the waiver last
6 months. After that, the old insurance rules apply. It a chance for everyone to get insurance if you want to pay for it.

Here is what I'd like to see. Repeal Obamacare Care. Replace it with the old rules befor Obama Care. What would change is every insurance company would have to offer 5 national plans that offer 5 different levels of coverage. The bottom plan is a cheap bare bones plan. The top plan is a Cadillac plan. The 3 in the middle are stair steps up from the economy plan. These plans would be EXACTLY the same no matter what company or state you are in and the plan prices would be set by the insurance company, regulated by government audit, and the same nationwide. Aetna might be priced more than Prucare, but the price for Aetna would be the same nationwide and the coverage found in economy plan #1 will be the same no matter what company you buy it from or what state you buy it in. That way it would be easy for customers to price shop between insurance companies since the coverage is identical.

Insurance companies could also offer any other plans they like, but to operate, they have to offer the 5 mandated plans. That means you have basic fairness, government regulation to keep prices reasonable, unlimited options, the ability to easily compare prices, and the free market working for the American consumer.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2017 12:32 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-24-2017 12:24 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Something like that may well work and I wouldn't have a problem if that was doable. But that's also not "just repeal it" if you're working in a 6 month period/waiver. So that may address that issue.

Believe it or not, but that might be too short a period for things to adjust, but maybe we look at a year, or start with another open enrollment period for six months after the six months.

I'm in. My point being you can't just write zerOcare out of existence and say ok folks, good luck!
06-24-2017 12:35 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

(06-24-2017 10:06 AM)bullet Wrote:  

Ahh jeez. THEN REPEAL THE DAMN THING. I don't want them to not do anything. I want them to deliver on their promise. If they can't or wont, then leave it be.

It is on the Dems when it fails. People can be convinced it's someone else's fault, well they're idiots then. Blame the Republicans for not repealing it, fine. That will be on them. Obamacare will NEVER be on them unless they are fool enough to take it over. Just idiotic. Dems wrote it and passed it. Republicans fool enough to take it over and claim it, well hell, it will be their fault when it fails and everyone will be correct blaming them then.

This is so dumb, taking credit for a failing system someone else created freeing them of THEIR blame..

Stupid party.

Dems were willing to inflict pain on everyone passing it. And they believed Republicans wouldn't be willing to inflict an equal pain repealing it. They were correct. Again. And people keep claiming Trump plays 3D chess. Dems knew what they were doing and they have Republicans threatening each other to push this turd even farther. WTF is wrong with the right doing the lefts dirty work.
06-24-2017 12:36 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Leaving alone and letting it collapse is not an option.

If that were to happen there will be a catastrophe.

The democrats have set the train straight at the wall and now Trump must avert the impending catastrophe.
06-24-2017 12:38 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(06-24-2017 12:35 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Something like that may well work and I wouldn't have a problem if that was doable. But that's also not "just repeal it" if you're working in a 6 month period/waiver. So that may address that issue.

Believe it or not, but that might be too short a period for things to adjust, but maybe we look at a year, or start with another open enrollment period for six months after the six months.

I'm in. My point being you can't just write zerOcare out of existence and say ok folks, good luck!

A year would be fine. Anything is better than the road to single payer that we currently appear to be speeding down. Bottom line, both ObamaCare and the new plan have failure cooked into them. You cant cover preexisitng conditions without a universal mandate that 100% of the people buy into the insurance system. If you try to do that, it will fail (like it is now).
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2017 01:30 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-24-2017 01:27 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(06-24-2017 11:39 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Only moronic grubers want single payer. Because you have to be a moronic gruber not to understand what single payer is and would lead to.

If you are talking about "total" single payer...I agree fully. Id disagree if you are talking about basic healthcare only...backed up by market solutions for catastrophic insurance. We could easily install a national sales tax to take care of that type of single payer and everyone would have skin in the game equally. Medicaid would handle as it alway has the less fortunate and the rest of us could decide on our own the amount of risk we could handle with additional insurance.
06-24-2017 04:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.