Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UPDATE: JMike Signing Imminent - Post Draft, JMike is Next Big Decision
Bookmark and Share
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
UPDATE: JMike Signing Imminent - Post Draft, JMike is Next Big Decision
Free Agency starts a week from Sunday, July 1st when teams can make verbal agreements with players. Teams can start signing players July 6th. Seems like Grizz have to decide on JMike before they can make other moves. Minnesota and Brooklyn have been the teams rumored to have the most interest in JMike.

I think the T'Wolves might be our of it for JMike. Took on the extra salary with the trade for Jimmy Butler, now this:

Mitch Lawrence‏ @Mitch_Lawrence 2m2 minutes ago
Now with Jimmy Butler, T-wolves think they can upgrade PG in free agency. Targeting Kyle Lowry first, then Jrue Holiday, J Teague and G Hill

There aren't that many teams with enough money under the cap to make a $10M+ bid for JMike. Might get lucky and keep him on a cheap contract.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017 12:48 PM by Tigx.)
06-23-2017 04:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bsp34 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mississippi St.
RE: Post Draft, JMike is Next Big Decision
Right now we are $6 million and change below the cap and about $23 below the luxury tax.

JMike, TA, & ZBo are the priority re-signings. Would love to have Vince back as well.

If we can convince Zach and Tony to take the league minimum (or even a bit more) we would have the $10 mil to re-sign JMike.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2017 07:55 AM by bsp34.)
06-26-2017 07:55 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

The final '17-'18 cap numbers certainly won't help Grizz keeping all those guys.

Two summers ago, the estimate was $108M. Last summer, it had dropped to $104M. Last week they announced the actual # would be $99M.

Makes it hard for these teams to project the roster years in advance when the cap changes that much. Also sucks for the guys entering Free Agency this summer, since teams overspent so much last summer. Much less money to spend this summer.
06-26-2017 08:13 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

Heard this on a pod, couldn't believe it, so looked it up. JMike is the 55th ranked FA on HoopsHype FA list:

55. JaMychal Green
Restricted / Power Forward / 6-8 / Team: Memphis
8.9 ppg, 7.1 rpg
A workhorse for the Grizzlies. Prety good fit there.

Agent: Mike Hodges 2016/17 Earnings: $2,160,862 Career Earnings: $1,885,176

Don't agree with the ranking, should be at least 15 spots higher, but might give an indication that JMike won't be too expensive.
06-26-2017 10:46 AM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Grizz will have the MLE and the Bi-Annual to sign outside FAs. That's less than $10M ...

Grizz will have roughly $20M to re-sign our own FAs.

I'm not on board with giving Green $12M per - that's too high for what he is IMO - but the alternative is moving Chandler to the 4 and signing someone like CJ Miles at the 3 or signing signing someone like Patrick Patterson to start at the 4. In that scenario, if we don't bring back ZBo (I think we would), Rabb or Martin...or Vince/Ennis would be our backup PF.

I'm just interested to see what the market for these guys is... Are ZBo and TA just vet minimum guys now (for competitive teams)?
06-26-2017 12:31 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

Agree Hometown. $12M per year is too much for JMike.

Worried about ZBo taking the vet minimum to ring shop with the Warriors. Had no idea ZBo and Steve Kerr were friends.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2017 01:08 PM by Tigx.)
06-26-2017 12:50 PM
Advertisement

Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

SI top 50 Free Agent list out. JMike is #32. ZBo is #20. Vince is #49. TA not in the top 50.
06-26-2017 03:03 PM
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-23-2017 04:28 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Free Agency starts a week from Sunday, July 1st when teams can make verbal agreements with players. Teams can start signing players July 6th. Seems like Grizz have to decide on JMike before they can make other moves. Minnesota and Brooklyn have been the teams rumored to have the most interest in JMike.

I think the T'Wolves might be our of it for JMike. Took on the extra salary with the trade for Jimmy Butler, now this:

Mitch Lawrence‏ @Mitch_Lawrence 2m2 minutes ago
Now with Jimmy Butler, T-wolves think they can upgrade PG in free agency. Targeting Kyle Lowry first, then Jrue Holiday, J Teague and G Hill

There aren't that many teams with enough money under the cap to make a $10M+ bid for JMike. Might get lucky and keep him on a cheap contract.

Thibodeau must really hate Rubio, seems like he has been trying to replace him ever since he got the job.
06-26-2017 04:12 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I've never been a big Rubio fan, but must admit he played pretty well the last half of the season after Levine got hurt.

T'wolves rumored to be going hard after the FA point guards like Lowry and Teague. Would seem to take them out of the running for JMike.
06-26-2017 04:42 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

From RealGM: "The Brooklyn Nets are expected to pursue Otto Porter and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope in restricted free agency.

Brooklyn was active in restricted free agency last offseason, signing Allen Crabbe and Tyler Johnson to offer sheets.

I think Atlanta might make a run at JMike. Their new GM has indicated they won't make a max offer for Paul Millsap.

But JMike seems to be running out of realistic suitors. IMO, anything under 3 years / $30M is a good deal for the Grizz.
06-30-2017 10:11 AM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-30-2017 10:11 AM)Tigx Wrote:  From RealGM: "The Brooklyn Nets are expected to pursue Otto Porter and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope in restricted free agency.

Brooklyn was active in restricted free agency last offseason, signing Allen Crabbe and Tyler Johnson to offer sheets.

I think Atlanta might make a run at JMike. Their new GM has indicated they won't make a max offer for Paul Millsap.

But JMike seems to be running out of realistic suitors. IMO, anything under 3 years / $30M is a good deal for the Grizz.

Yup. Anything can happen...but I always thought his market was inflated. $24M/3yrs. Would be cool with me
06-30-2017 02:57 PM
Advertisement

HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Big free agent money drying up. I'd offer J-Mike $38/4yrs. Declining in value. With the 4th year being a player option.

Year 1: $10.5M
Year 2 : $9.75M
Year 3 : $9.25M
Year 4 (PO) : $8.5M
07-02-2017 12:07 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

True, Hometown. Teams that need a PF and have money to spend are fewer and fewer.

For a team poaching a Restricted FA, makes no sense to announce the deal now. Gives incumbent team more time to react. July 6th is the date to worry about a big money offer for JMike. If Millsaps goes to Denver, the Hawks need a PF. Orlando has Aaron Gordon and not much else.
07-02-2017 12:17 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-02-2017 12:17 PM)Tigx Wrote:  True, Hometown. Teams that need a PF and have money to spend are fewer and fewer.

For a team poaching a Restricted FA, makes no sense to announce the deal now. Gives incumbent team more time to react. July 6th is the date to worry about a big money offer for JMike. If Millsaps goes to Denver, the Hawks need a PF. Orlando has Aaron Gordon and not much else.

Yup ... Atlanta is the one I'm keeping an eye on
07-02-2017 12:24 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-02-2017 12:24 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 12:17 PM)Tigx Wrote:  True, Hometown. Teams that need a PF and have money to spend are fewer and fewer.

Hawks drafted John Collins at 19. Maybe they go total re-build and let Collins start.

East is going to have some truly terrible teams next year. Chicago, Indiana, maybe the Hawks. Hawks were a 60 win team 2 seasons ago, now looking to lose Horford & Millsap for nothing in back to back years, traded Korver for a pick, dumped Dwight - total rebuild. I don't get Grizz fans hoping to tear it down. Win as much as you can for as long as you can.
07-02-2017 12:30 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-02-2017 12:30 PM)Tigx Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 12:24 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  

Hawks drafted John Collins at 19. Maybe they go total re-build and let Collins start.

East is going to have some truly terrible teams next year. Chicago, Indiana, maybe the Hawks. Hawks were a 60 win team 2 seasons ago, now looking to lose Horford & Millsap for nothing in back to back years, traded Korver for a pick, dumped Dwight - total rebuild. I don't get Grizz fans hoping to tear it down. Win as much as you can for as long as you can.

Yeah depends what they're trying to do. Think Green was in SA farm system when Bud was an assistant to Pops. Wonder if there's a relationship there?
07-02-2017 12:41 PM
Advertisement

Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

Chris Mannix says this about new Atlanta GM:

Chris Mannix‏Verified account @ChrisMannixYS Following

Chris Mannix Retweeted Chris Vivlamore
New GM Travis Schlenk has made it clear: Right now, he wants nothing to do with big, long term contracts.

76ers sign Amir Johnson to 1 year, $11M contract. Denver adds Millsap. Orlando might just run with their draft pick, Jonathan Isaac.

Only takes one team to make an offer, but so far still seems to be breaking good for the Grizz if they want JMike back.
07-03-2017 02:59 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-03-2017 02:59 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Chris Mannix says this about new Atlanta GM:

Chris Mannix‏Verified account @ChrisMannixYS Following

Chris Mannix Retweeted Chris Vivlamore
New GM Travis Schlenk has made it clear: Right now, he wants nothing to do with big, long term contracts.

76ers sign Amir Johnson to 1 year, $11M contract. Denver adds Millsap. Orlando might just run with their draft pick, Jonathan Isaac.

Only takes one team to make an offer, but so far still seems to be breaking good for the Grizz if they want JMike back.

Yup. Grizz in the driver seat since he is a RFA.
07-03-2017 03:36 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Worth noting: Nets GM, Sean Marks, was the Austin Toros GM when JaMychal was there.
07-03-2017 03:44 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-03-2017 03:44 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  Worth noting: Nets GM, Sean Marks, was the Austin Toros GM when JaMychal was there.

Yep. Bobby Marks was on the Lowe Post pod. He said the Nets would not go after KCP in Restricted FA. And I think the Wizards will match whoever Otto Porter signs an offer sheet with. So I'm thinking the Nets could offer both JMike and Tim Hardaway Jr. Nets offered two RFA's last year, Allen Crabbe and Tyler Johnson.

Nets don't have their 1st round pick again next year, so incentive for them is to be as good as possible.
07-03-2017 06:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.