Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rocky Top Basketball League 2017
Bookmark and Share
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
Rocky Top Basketball League 2017
Quite a few Bucs playing in this year's summer league at Catholic HS in Knoxville.

Jalen Riley
Desonta Bradford
Kanayo Obi-Rapu
Rashawn Rembert
Lester Wilson

Supposedly Desonta had a crowd pleasing dunk tonight.

Rembert put up 35 pts in his first game.

http://www.rockytopbasketballleague.com/
06-21-2017 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Rocky Top Basketball League 2017
Awesome!
06-21-2017 08:32 PM
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline

Went to watch Desonta Bradford and Kanayo Obi-Rapu's team play this evening (Smithbuilt Homes). Coach Forbes was there in the crowd. Bradford looks great, and I expect him to shine this season. He had two dunks, one from a baseline move that was very nice. Bradford was tied for 5th in scoring, not sure how many he had tonight. He also shot well. Obi-Rapu looks good and seems fairly physical for a guard. Not afraid to take it inside, and had some nice moves. This is the first I have ever seen him play. Their team, playing for 3rd place came back from 20 down to tie with seconds left. Obi-Rapu had a chance to win it in regulation with a last second 3, but missed. In OT, the other team's Jalen Steele (via Miss St, via LMU) made a 3 at the buzzer to win it for Knox News. Didn't stay to watch the second game, which featured former Bucs Lester Wilson and Rashawn Rembert.

All in all a good time. Not much defense, as expected, and a lot of 3's (but many made both ways). Even better now in a gym with A/C!

Is it basketball season yet?
07-03-2017 07:54 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Good stuff '88!!
07-04-2017 12:26 PM
squeak Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Who else forgot about Obi-Rapu being on the team until this thread?
07-04-2017 01:43 PM
Advertisement

Running_Fool15 Offline
1st String

I'm actually pretty convinced he's going to be good for us. I think there's a high probability he'll start.
07-04-2017 08:52 PM
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline

(07-04-2017 08:52 PM)Running_Fool15 Wrote:  I'm actually pretty convinced he's going to be good for us. I think there's a high probability he'll start.
I agree

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
07-04-2017 09:35 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(07-04-2017 01:43 PM)squeak Wrote:  Who else forgot about Obi-Rapu being on the team until this thread?

I has not forgotten about him. I was wanting someone to post that had actually seen him play. From what I am hearing he just may step into the role that TJ played the last two years.
07-05-2017 11:42 AM
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

RE: Bluenanza Tonight

posterformerlyknownasthedoctor (10-24-2016):
Quote:Word: Watch Obi-Rabu. Eager, focused, athletic, with fairly impressive crossover skills. I know he can't play this season, so it will be our main opportunity to see him until next year.

Not to necessarily imply he'll be more impressive than Walters, Burrell, Williams, or other newcomers; just sayin'.

That said (8+ months ago)......I don't expect him to start - at least not right away - but certainly leave open that possibility. It's just *way* too early to think along those lines - but I know, that's just the way eager fans work. I personally don't expect him to be TJ-like. More a versatile, do-lots-of-things kind of guy. Don't think he has TJ's command of the outside shot - but then I haven't watched him in quite a while. Would love to see that has gotten stronger. Closer to a Merriweather, but without the defensive smothering capabilities. (Not really an ideal comparison at all. Just in the "will-find-ways-to-score" department.) Should be able to do quite a bit more off the dribble. As etsubucsfan1988 reported, not afraid of contact inside. Aggressive, and as I wrote last year, "eager and athletic".

I think he will be a solid player; far too early to say whether he'll be a real "dude to be reckoned with". It may be a case of 'finding his niche', but Forbes has shown great capacity to allow that to happen.

While we're on that subject - even tho this is really the wrong thread - I suspect *one* key to this season will be how dependable and solid (meaning reducing his turnovers and errors in judgment) Long becomes. And *as always* with this number of newcomers (esp. jucos), we simply cannot know who will shine and who will not. So it doesn't do a lot of good to spend too much time speculating - even tho I've just indulged a bit myself.
(Mostly I just wanted to remind you all of my assessment of Obi-Rapu last year.)
07-06-2017 03:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.