Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OBlundercare Death Spiral just got worse
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
OBlundercare Death Spiral just got worse
Anthem is pulling out of Indiana and Wisconsin.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/...-push.html
06-21-2017 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: OBlundercare Death Spiral just got worse
(06-21-2017 07:21 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Anthem is pulling out of Indiana and Wisconsin.

Saw someone say he just got an e-mail Aetna is pulling out of AR, AZ, CT, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, LA, ME, MI, MO, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, and WV for 2018.

The Republicans may not actually need to repeal Obamacare.
06-21-2017 07:45 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(06-21-2017 07:45 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 07:21 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Anthem is pulling out of Indiana and Wisconsin.

Saw someone say he just got an e-mail Aetna is pulling out of AR, AZ, CT, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, LA, ME, MI, MO, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, and WV for 2018.

I can't speak for the rest but Aetna pulled out of SC this year. They announced back in August they were out effective in 2017.

https://www.southcarolinaradionetwork.co...next-year/

Quote:One of the nation’s largest health insurers has announced it is pulling out of South Carolina’s federal health insurance exchanges after this year. The announcement was a blow for the key component of the 2009 Affordable Care Act that offers lower-priced insurance options.

The decision by Connecticut-based Aetna Health also leaves only two carriers on South Carolina’s exchange that have indicated they will return next year. The exchange was created in 2014 as part of the 2009 law, also known by opponents as “Obamacare.”

Quote:CEO Mark Bertolini said in a statement the company regrets having to make the decision, but that the patients enrolling on the plans had become increasingly higher-risk and expensive for the company to continue offering affordable options. “Providing affordable, high-quality health care options to consumers is not possible without a balanced risk pool,” Bertolini said. “This population dynamic… results in substantial upward pressure on premiums and creates significant sustainability concerns.”

Quote:Aetna is the second major provider to withdraw from South Carolina’s exchanges. Consumer’s Choice healthcare cooperative was forced out after it went insolvent in 2015, blaming lower federal subsidies than had been promised to cover their losses. The state’s guaranty fund ended up having to assess roughly $45 million to cover claims from Consumer’s Choice members who lost their coverage after the co-op went into receivership.

United Healthcare announced in May it will also pull out of the exchanges, leaving only Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Choice health care plans for next year.

Farmer, who was appointed to the position by Gov. Nikki Haley in 2012, said he believes the financial struggles of companies on state exchanges nationwide is evidence the Affordable Care Act cannot work without reforms. “
06-21-2017 07:59 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ

People that would rather listen to people the likes of Pelosi, Waters, and Schumer should be given this information. Instead the Republicans would rather that these Demons throw out fake news. Give them this information you idiot Republicans. If after you do they don't want to believe it then it's on them for being stupid. They try to play nice when the Demons would rather play with bazookas. Sheeesh.
06-21-2017 08:02 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
If private health insurance companies refuse to supply what the market demands, then the market must ask the state to step in.
06-21-2017 08:04 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(06-21-2017 08:04 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  If private health insurance companies refuse to supply what the market demands, then the market must ask the state to step in.

President Morales or Fidel Castro might just agree with you. Why don't we just nationalize all businesses and get it over with.
06-21-2017 08:13 PM
Advertisement

wahoowa Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators
(06-21-2017 08:04 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  If private health insurance companies refuse to supply what the market demands, then the market must ask the state to step in.

That's probably one of the dumbest things that I've read in a long time. And I've been reading for a long time.
06-21-2017 08:19 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(06-21-2017 07:45 PM)bullet Wrote:  The Republicans may not actually need to repeal Obamacare.

Since after the election, it's never appeared they were going to. Excuses and bad fixes that aren't fixes at all. So this is the best we can hope for. Let it die on it's own.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2017 08:25 PM by Paul M.)
06-21-2017 08:24 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(06-21-2017 08:24 PM)Paul M Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 07:45 PM)bullet Wrote:  The Republicans may not actually need to repeal Obamacare.

Since after the election, it's never appeared they were going to. Excuses and bad fixes that aren't fixes at all. So this is the best we can hope for. Let it die on it's own.

The "ReInsurance Disbursements" that limit Insurance Company losses on ObamaCare Insurance Policies wasn't funded by Congress this year.

Insurance Companies really didnt have an option
06-21-2017 08:35 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN

Pull out? Doesn't sound manly to me, Bob!!
06-21-2017 08:40 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(06-21-2017 08:35 PM)WoodlandsOwl Wrote:  

The "ReInsurance Disbursements" that limit Insurance Company losses on ObamaCare Insurance Policies wasn't funded by Congress this year.

Raise rates. But of course that would have cost them customers. It was a broken system.
06-21-2017 08:41 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(06-21-2017 08:41 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 08:35 PM)WoodlandsOwl Wrote:  

Raise rates. But of course that would have cost them customers. It was a broken system.

Yea, the whole re-insurance thing was a scam charade to prevent the real rates from being known or felt.
06-21-2017 08:45 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

(06-21-2017 08:41 PM)bullet Wrote:  Raise rates. But of course that would have cost them customers. It was a broken system.

When healthcare services, along with healthcare supplies, medical devices, and medicines, cost so much that the payment systems can't even pay for basic healthcare plans ... yeah, I'd say the system is broken!
06-21-2017 09:23 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(06-21-2017 09:23 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 08:41 PM)bullet Wrote:  Raise rates. But of course that would have cost them customers. It was a broken system.

When healthcare services, along with healthcare supplies, medical devices, and medicines, cost so much that the payment systems can't even pay for basic healthcare plans ... yeah, I'd say the system is broken!

The system isnt broken. Obamacare is broken.
06-21-2017 11:13 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Wheres Mach? You'd think he might be interested in this.....
06-21-2017 11:18 PM
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

Your're playing both sides of the fence. 05-stirthepot
06-21-2017 11:41 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

Yuuuuup!

Repealing itself.

We're now back on Anthem for '16-/17 and I fully expect them to either pull out entirely or come up with some number where we can once again decide to fire these good folks or absorb that cost again.

This is pretty much annually nowadays.
06-21-2017 11:59 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

Private health insurance companies are prohibited from selling products that the customers want because of the state has already stepped in. Im perfectly capable of handing a 5-10k deductible for a decent low cost basic plan. I had such a plan before the ACA that cost me less than $200 per month. Insurance will cost me $675 next year. Let that sink in.
06-22-2017 05:36 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(06-21-2017 11:13 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

The system isnt broken. Obamacare is broken.

Yes..and I believe it was designed to break and be followed by single payer.
06-22-2017 05:37 AM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

Don't see a thread for the Senate proposal yet. Looks like the draft is making it's way around. (sorry no link to StarTribune article ... but plenty other links out there)

Quote:The Senate proposal largely mirrors the House measure with some significant differences, according to a discussion draft circulating Wednesday among aides and lobbyists. While the House legislation pegged federal insurance subsidies to age, the Senate bill would link them to income as the Affordable Care Act does. The Senate proposal cuts off Medicaid expansion for states more gradually than the House bill but would enact deeper long-term cuts to the health care program for low-income Americans. It also removes language restricting federally subsidized health plans from covering abortions, which may have run afoul of complex Senate budget rules.

But on the eve of the bill’s release, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., faced the prospect of an open revolt from key conservative and moderate GOP senators, whose concerns he has struggled to balance in recent weeks. Republicans familiar with the effort said Senate leaders have more work to do to secure the 50 votes needed to pass the measure, with Vice President Mike Pence set to cast the tiebreaking vote, from the pool of 52 GOP senators. No Democrats are expected to support the bill.

Republican aides stressed that the plan is likely to undergo more changes to secure the votes needed for passage, but there were major concerns Wednesday from senators on opposite ends of the GOP spectrum.

“My main concern is I promised voters that I would repeal — vote to repeal Obamacare. And everything I hear sounds like Obamacare-lite,” said Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.

So that's one GOP senator who's out. If they lose two more, then it's dead. Can't get to 50 and the tie-breaker.
06-22-2017 07:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.