Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Demented" Professor's Racist Rant on Tucker Carlson Gets Her Suspended
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
"Demented" Professor's Racist Rant on Tucker Carlson Gets Her Suspended

Two days before, she had appeared as a political commentator on the Fox News show "Tucker Carlson Tonight," invited to give her opinion as to why Black Lives Matter organizers held a Memorial Day event in Brooklyn for black people only.

When she arrived on campus June 8, Durden was abruptly suspended. She was told she had to cancel classes and report to the Human Resources Department.

Durden, without an explanation, informed her students, who were still waiting for her to arrive, that class was canceled.

That confused her students: Durden had always told them that she would never be absent unless "she had died.''

She didn't have a reason. She didn't know why, until she went to Human Resources

"They did this to humiliate me,'' Durden said. "Essex County College publicly lynched me in front of my students.''[/quote]

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2017/0...r_fox.html
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020 07:57 AM by Kronke.)
06-21-2017 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: "Demented" Professor's Racist Rant on Tucker Carlson Gets Her Suspended
(06-21-2017 01:34 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Alinsky Rule #4: "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules." If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.

The days of the basic, Ben Shapiro/National Review "principled conservatives" are over. Don't let the New Right catch you slipping, or this is what is going to happen.

Quote:Going on Fox News cost me my job, professor claims

Two days before, she had appeared as a political commentator on the Fox News show "Tucker Carlson Tonight," invited to give her opinion as to why Black Lives Matter organizers held a Memorial Day event in Brooklyn for black people only.

When she arrived on campus June 8, Durden was abruptly suspended. She was told she had to cancel classes and report to the Human Resources Department.

Durden, without an explanation, informed her students, who were still waiting for her to arrive, that class was canceled.

That confused her students: Durden had always told them that she would never be absent unless "she had died.''

She didn't have a reason. She didn't know why, until she went to Human Resources

"They did this to humiliate me,'' Durden said. "Essex County College publicly lynched me in front of my students.''

MUH LYNCHING!

I watched that segment when it aired. I was like whoever her employer is is going to get a sh*tload of harassment suits filed against them due to her being on staff. She was a walking EEOC liability.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2017 02:00 PM by UofMstateU.)
06-21-2017 02:00 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Quote: "Essex County College publicly lynched me in front of my students.''

These words don't mean the things the professor thinks they mean.
06-21-2017 02:17 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(06-21-2017 01:34 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Alinsky Rule #4: "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules." If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.

The days of the basic, Ben Shapiro/National Review "principled conservatives" are over. Don't let the New Right catch you slipping, or this is what is going to happen.

Quote:Going on Fox News cost me my job, professor claims

"They did this to humiliate me,'' Durden said. "Essex County College publicly lynched me in front of my students.''

[Image: 170426428a1f522b70e10b32aed87582.jpg]
06-21-2017 04:07 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
She's trash.

Her suspension was warranted.

Her reaction post suspension warrants a ****-canning.
06-21-2017 06:13 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
When will these professors learn? Yes, you have a right to free speech as an individual but your opinions (especially angry, racist, hateful rants) can have consequences - your reputation, privacy and employment for example. If you can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen. If you can't poop, get off of the pot.

Quote: "There's got to be some other agenda,'' said Leslie Farber, her attorney. "It seems to me they're going to make up some reason. We've got to figure out what that is and why. Is she too outspoken?"

When I called the college administration to ask, Lee would offer only a three-sentence statement that he read to me over the phone:

"The college promotes a community of unity that is inclusive of all. The general counsel has handled this matter in a way that complies with New Jersey state law. I am not at liberty to provide further details.''

Durden, who wants to be reinstated, is fuming, believing her right to free speech has been trampled.

Colleagues agree and have submitted letters expressing concern and outrage. They've started an online petition, with nearly 500 signatures, demanding she be reinstated.

"I find it shocking that an African-American woman would be so disrespected at her place of employment for merely exercising her First Amendment right to free speech,'' said Professor Jennifer Wager.
06-21-2017 08:32 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-21-2017 08:32 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  When will these professors learn? Yes, you have a right to free speech as an individual but your opinions (especially angry, racist, hateful rants) can have consequences - your reputation, privacy and employment for example. If you can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen. If you can't poop, get off of the pot.

Quote: "There's got to be some other agenda,'' said Leslie Farber, her attorney. "It seems to me they're going to make up some reason. We've got to figure out what that is and why. Is she too outspoken?"

When I called the college administration to ask, Lee would offer only a three-sentence statement that he read to me over the phone:

"The college promotes a community of unity that is inclusive of all. The general counsel has handled this matter in a way that complies with New Jersey state law. I am not at liberty to provide further details.''

Durden, who wants to be reinstated, is fuming, believing her right to free speech has been trampled.

Colleagues agree and have submitted letters expressing concern and outrage. They've started an online petition, with nearly 500 signatures, demanding she be reinstated.

"I find it shocking that an African-American woman would be so disrespected at her place of employment for merely exercising her First Amendment right to free speech,'' said Professor Jennifer Wager.

This. Free speech doesn't mean "I can say whatever I want without any repercussions ever." There are a whole lot of things people have the right to say......and some of saying it can get them into trouble with their employer.

Only fools believe otherwise.....make your employer look bad - chances are very possible the outcome is negative.
06-21-2017 09:21 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
She and the Dean that ranted about white trash on Yelp would make a great couple.
06-21-2017 09:24 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(06-21-2017 09:21 PM)Crebman Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 08:32 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  When will these professors learn? Yes, you have a right to free speech as an individual but your opinions (especially angry, racist, hateful rants) can have consequences - your reputation, privacy and employment for example. If you can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen. If you can't poop, get off of the pot.

This. Free speech doesn't mean "I can say whatever I want without any repercussions ever." There are a whole lot of things people have the right to say......and some of saying it can get them into trouble with their employer.

Only fools believe otherwise.....make your employer look bad - chances are very possible the outcome is negative.

EXACTLY. The government wont do anything to stop you from saying your piece. Thats all free speech means. It doesnt mean anyone has to listen to you. It doesnt mean there are no negative consequences to your words in the private sector. Thats why Im always amazed when celebrities and mass media performers denigrate the political opposition in a 50-50 nation. Why would people who count on thier popularity for a paycheck insult half their audience. The Dixie Chicks, who apparently didnt realize who thier audience was, found that crap out the hard way.

This lady was just flat out craaaaazy. My son is friends with a girl who has a degree in African Anerican Studies. I was talking to her recently and she told me her professors teach that it is not possible for African Americans to be racist. Only whites could be rascist. lol.....Either thats not true or the chick on Tucker Carlson didnt get the memo.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2017 11:44 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-21-2017 11:31 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
How would you like to have to work around that all day? The eggshells you would have to walk on would be everywhere. She is a hate filled *****.
06-22-2017 05:44 AM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Bu-bye Biotch!
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/25/college-professor-fired-following-
remarks-on-tucker-carlson-tonight.html[/url]

Quote:A New Jersey college professor who appeared on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” to defend a black-only Black Lives Matter event has been fired after the college's president said she made racially insensitive comments on the show, according to reports.

Essex County College in Newark announced Lisa Durden's firing Friday. She taught communications and pop culture classes as an adjunct, the Newark Star-Ledger reported.

Quote:College president Anthony Munroe said Friday the Fox News appearance prompted calls from students, faculty and prospective students and their families “expressing frustration, concern and even fear that the views expressed by a college employee with influence over students would negatively impact their experience on the campus.”

He noted that although Durden did not mention her affiliation with the school during the show or claim to be representing its views, "her employment with us and potential impact on students required our immediate review into what seemed to have become a very contentious and divisive issue."

Munroe went further in explaining his reasons for firing Durden in a lengthy statement -- in which he invoked the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

"The character of this institution mandates that we embrace diversity, inclusion and unity," he said. "Racism cannot be fought with more racism."
06-25-2017 06:23 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(06-25-2017 06:23 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Bu-bye Biotch!
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/25/college-professor-fired-following-
remarks-on-tucker-carlson-tonight.html[/url]

Quote:A New Jersey college professor who appeared on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” to defend a black-only Black Lives Matter event has been fired after the college's president said she made racially insensitive comments on the show, according to reports.

Essex County College in Newark announced Lisa Durden's firing Friday. She taught communications and pop culture classes as an adjunct, the Newark Star-Ledger reported.

Quote:College president Anthony Munroe said Friday the Fox News appearance prompted calls from students, faculty and prospective students and their families “expressing frustration, concern and even fear that the views expressed by a college employee with influence over students would negatively impact their experience on the campus.”

He noted that although Durden did not mention her affiliation with the school during the show or claim to be representing its views, "her employment with us and potential impact on students required our immediate review into what seemed to have become a very contentious and divisive issue."

Munroe went further in explaining his reasons for firing Durden in a lengthy statement -- in which he invoked the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

"The character of this institution mandates that we embrace diversity, inclusion and unity," he said. "Racism cannot be fought with more racism."

A college institution with cajones! In this case, a leftist went too far and how ironic that an AA forgot the essential tenet of Dr. MLK.
06-25-2017 07:05 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
The sad thing is it'll probably be the best thing that ever happened to her. She'll get picked up by a more prestigious form of nutjob.
06-25-2017 07:12 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

From the Essex County College President...

06-25-2017 07:18 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(06-25-2017 07:18 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  From the Essex County College President...

that was an awkward and predictable long-winded rhetorical response....

I heard safe space, racist, MLK, and wtfe.....her clusterbang was embedded somewhere in that crapola....

buh-bye whoever....welcome the next whoever....

the self-imposed 'disenfranchised' are continually losing ground due to their capricious diatribes.....

keep it up.....good luck with that....

we'll continue to laugh as you continue to lag behind......
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2017 03:38 AM by stinkfist.)
06-26-2017 03:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.