Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CWS
Bookmark and Share
Tiki Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
CWS
Well Game 4 is underway and there hasn't been a single CWS post thus far. Guess others are like me in that the interest just isn't there these days.
06-18-2017 06:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

gmath Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Owls and Horns
RE: CWS
(06-18-2017 06:20 PM)Tiki Owl Wrote:  Well Game 4 is underway and there hasn't been a single CWS post thus far. Guess others are like me in that the interest just isn't there these days.

Been watching a fascinating U.S. Open, but now pulling for TCU to win one for Texas.
06-18-2017 07:32 PM
Tomball Owl Offline
Heisman

I hope TCU loses to set up an elimination match up between the Frogs and Aggies for the 3rd year in a row, this time in Omaha.
06-18-2017 08:05 PM
ExcitedOwl18 Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
Rooting for CSF to win it but they'll have to come out of the loser's bracket.

Otherwise LSU or OSU, I guess.

Don't want A&M, TCU, or Louisville... Indifferent to FSU and Florida.
06-18-2017 08:07 PM

Tomball Owl Offline
Heisman

Through 7 innings, FL is up 3-0. TCU has 2 hits.
06-18-2017 08:46 PM
ausowl Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: New Orleans

New Orleans Bowl
Fear the multicam, ESPN3. The best.
06-18-2017 09:03 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
(06-18-2017 08:05 PM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  I hope TCU loses to set up an elimination match up between the Frogs and Aggies for the 3rd year in a row, this time in Omaha.

You got your wish.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the best two teams are in the same bracket (Oregon State and LSU). But I suppose it's still early and anything can happen. Both Oregon State and LSU might be hurting a bit - relatively speaking - in the starting pitcher department. Poche relieved for LSU yesterday which I guess means they go to Walker in the winner's bracket game against Oregon State?
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 09:47 PM by Fort Bend Owl.)
06-18-2017 09:47 PM

ExcitedOwl18 Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
(06-18-2017 09:47 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  
(06-18-2017 08:05 PM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  I hope TCU loses to set up an elimination match up between the Frogs and Aggies for the 3rd year in a row, this time in Omaha.

You got your wish.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the best two teams are in the same bracket (Oregon State and LSU). But I suppose it's still early and anything can happen. Both Oregon State and LSU might be hurting a bit - relatively speaking - in the starting pitcher department. Poche relieved for LSU yesterday which I guess means they go to Walker in the winner's bracket game against Oregon State?

Walker has arguably been LSU's best pitcher over the last month of the season. I certainly was impressed with him.
06-18-2017 10:20 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Hall of Famer

The Parliament Awards
(06-18-2017 09:47 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  

You got your wish.

LSU was gifted yesterday's game by FSU, with 3 of their 5 runs unearned. FSU also ran themselves out of a couple innings. Put simply, LSU lucked out big time yesterday.
06-18-2017 11:08 PM
SpaceCityBuzz Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
LSU was gifted yesterday's game by FSU, with 3 of their 5 runs unearned. FSU also ran themselves out of a couple innings. Put simply, LSU lucked out big time yesterday.
[/quote]

That was very bold of Mainieri to bring in Poche, but he knows how grim are your prospects in the losers' bracket.

You might call the runs gifted but I don't agree. The vets Duplantis and Freemen with their savvy and speed manufactured those runs. Make them make the plays. That's what aggression of the old ball coach. That approach was rewarded.

I agree that Eric Walker is throwing as well as anybody for LSU. No opponent wants to see Zack Hess approach the 8th or 9th. Make way for the Sandman!
06-18-2017 11:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.