Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interview with your play by play annoucer
Bookmark and Share
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Interview with your play by play annoucer
Thought you guys would like to listen to the interview of your play by play announcer Dave Thomas on Pirate Radio.

http://www.pirateradio1250.com/pod/laf/laf060617.mp3
06-11-2017 05:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smokey 1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Interview with your play by play annoucer
Thank you.
06-11-2017 08:10 PM
RVAdukes Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU
Appreciate posting the interview. Can't wait for the season opener! I believe we will have a big turnout for this game with all the momentum from last year and the fact that we have a real chance to win this one. Not sure what the general parking and tailgating options are for visitors around the ECU stadium but I am sure the JMU faithful will show up in force regardless.
06-11-2017 08:44 PM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
They mentioned the toilet paper after the first basketball shot. However, they could not remember the school. Not sure if he was referring to JMU, but he continued to state that the school had to stop the tradition due to safety concerns on the court. The reference is around the 28 min. mark.
06-11-2017 09:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(06-11-2017 08:44 PM)RVAdukes Wrote:  Appreciate posting the interview. Can't wait for the season opener! I believe we will have a big turnout for this game with all the momentum from last year and the fact that we have a real chance to win this one. Not sure what the general parking and tailgating options are for visitors around the ECU stadium but I am sure the JMU faithful will show up in force regardless.

This is the only info I could find on ECU website. I am sure there is more because when we played NC Central they had a large tailgating spot for their alumni chapter.

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/2016/7/...ation.aspx

Parking for football fans without reserved parking passes will be available in the Carol Belk Building lot along Charles Boulevard ($20 per vehicle) and in the gravel lots along 14th Street ($20 per vehicle). Parking is limited and lots will open six hours prior to kick-off for weekend games (8:00 a.m. for kick-offs earlier than 2:00 p.m.), and 4:00 p.m. for weeknight games. Spaces will be first-come, first-served. Access to the lots along 14th Street will be shut down four (4) hours prior to kick-off.
06-11-2017 09:54 PM
Advertisement

JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
Those guys were pretty ignorant for a school that was in the CAA with us for awhile.
06-12-2017 08:56 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-11-2017 09:54 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 08:44 PM)RVAdukes Wrote:  Appreciate posting the interview. Can't wait for the season opener! I believe we will have a big turnout for this game with all the momentum from last year and the fact that we have a real chance to win this one. Not sure what the general parking and tailgating options are for visitors around the ECU stadium but I am sure the JMU faithful will show up in force regardless.

This is the only info I could find on ECU website. I am sure there is more because when we played NC Central they had a large tailgating spot for their alumni chapter.

Parking for football fans without reserved parking passes will be available in the Carol Belk Building lot along Charles Boulevard ($20 per vehicle) and in the gravel lots along 14th Street ($20 per vehicle). Parking is limited and lots will open six hours prior to kick-off for weekend games (8:00 a.m. for kick-offs earlier than 2:00 p.m.), and 4:00 p.m. for weeknight games. Spaces will be first-come, first-served. Access to the lots along 14th Street will be shut down four (4) hours prior to kick-off.

So the best general Dukes tailgating will be in the Carol Belk Building lot? Or is 14th street a better setup?
06-12-2017 09:11 AM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(06-12-2017 08:56 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  Those guys were pretty ignorant for a school that was in the CAA with us for awhile.
I didn't sense that. Ignorant how?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
06-12-2017 09:15 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(06-12-2017 09:15 AM)pcm0103 Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 08:56 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  Those guys were pretty ignorant for a school that was in the CAA with us for awhile.

One guy compared us to NC Central and Western Carolina, another guy said he knew nothing of "small schools".

Just found that ignorant...we are a 21,000 student school that shared a conference with ECU for 20 years.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2017 10:38 AM by JMU2004.)
06-12-2017 10:06 AM
Advertisement

pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(06-12-2017 09:11 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 09:54 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  

So the best general Dukes tailgating will be in the Carol Belk Building lot? Or is 14th street a better setup?
The Belk Building lot is the best general spot for visiting teams mainly because a lot of visiting teams organize large groups of alumni tailgating. Belk lot provides that space needed for something like that. Also its good for fans who charter buses and want to tailgate together. 14th street is still a good option as well. Harris Teeter has spaces in their parking lot that they sell for $20, but there are spaces along 14th street that you can tailgate.

I found this thread on ODU's board that you may find interesting in regards to tailgating. I would not recommend using the map in the thread as things have changed and that map has been updated.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-644748.html
06-12-2017 02:34 PM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(06-12-2017 10:06 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  

One guy compared us to NC Central and Western Carolina, another guy said he knew nothing of "small schools".

Just found that ignorant...we are a 21,000 student school that shared a conference with ECU for 20 years.

I don't see how they are comparing you guys to those schools. The one guy was stating that ECU has to make a statement in this game. The other guy brought up the scores from NC Central and Western Carolina as a point that making a statement in those games meant nothing because we still had bad years. Also yes we were in the CAA from 1985-2001 (16 years). But during that time our football was independent. Football drives the bus at ECU so since we have never played you guys in football before there will be a lot of fans who do not know a lot about JMU. Especially during the CAA years.

I also did not hear anybody say "he knew nothing of "small schools". Can you tell me where you heard that? What I did hear him say was "On a school I don't necessarily know a lot about" at the 23:11 mark.
06-12-2017 03:37 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-12-2017 03:37 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  Football drives the bus at ECU so since we have never played you guys in football before there will be a lot of fans who do not know a lot about JMU.

All true enough. And after the game when ECU walks away with a big, fat "L" to start the new FB season I doubt JMU will be invited back to pirateville anytime soon. On the flip side ECU fans will then know a lot more about JMU. 04-cheers
06-13-2017 12:36 PM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(06-13-2017 12:36 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 03:37 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  Football drives the bus at ECU so since we have never played you guys in football before there will be a lot of fans who do not know a lot about JMU.

All true enough. And after the game when ECU walks away with a big, fat "L" to start the new FB season I doubt JMU will be invited back to pirateville anytime soon. On the flip side ECU fans will then know a lot more about JMU. 04-cheers

You must have ECU confused with another school. As I posted earlier ECU does not run from anybody. Win or lose. If we don't play again anytime soon it will not be because we won or lost. Our OOC schedule is booked for the next 5 years. But if you sell your allotted tickets and bring a lot of fans like I think you will then I certainly see us putting you guys back on the schedule.
06-13-2017 02:56 PM
Advertisement

JMUsince89 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
(06-13-2017 02:56 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  

You must have ECU confused with another school. As I posted earlier ECU does not run from anybody. Win or lose. If we don't play again anytime soon it will not be because we won or lost. Our OOC schedule is booked for the next 5 years. But if you sell your allotted tickets and bring a lot of fans like I think you will then I certainly see us putting you guys back on the schedule.

Oh you can bet we will sell out our allotted tickets and then pick up on any available tickets. You can bank on that. Lets see UVa right over the mountain wont play us anymore, beat them once. VaTech used to book us, after 2010 win wont play us anymore, and even cancelled a future game with us. I doubt we get to go to SMU any time soon since we stunk up their 100 yr anniversary/homecoming in 2015. We'll see after Sept 2 how it goes for ECU. It's going to be a good one. Purple and gold will win.
06-13-2017 03:53 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

Ah, well, then JMU will put the "lose" part of your ECU mindset to the test. As pointed out in another answer to your post, JMU has experience in dealing with FBS programs that never reschedule JMU after losing to the Dukes. By the way, what's ECU paying JMU to beat them? 03-lmfao
06-13-2017 08:47 PM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(06-13-2017 08:47 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  

Ah, well, then JMU will put the "lose" part of your ECU mindset to the test. As pointed out in another answer to your post, JMU has experience in dealing with FBS programs that never reschedule JMU after losing to the Dukes. By the way, what's ECU paying JMU to beat them? 03-lmfao

i see the confidence is strong in you! ECU is paying just enough to help tend to those wounds JMU will get after this beatdown!
06-14-2017 08:22 AM
JMUsince89 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Hmmmm, Pirates !!!!! If my history classes serve me well a very well know pirate was defeated by a TEAM sent from Virginia off the Carolina coast. I guess those of us from Va are now looking forward to defeating the Pirates on Sept 2
06-14-2017 11:19 AM
Advertisement

pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(06-14-2017 11:19 AM)JMUsince89 Wrote:  Hmmmm, Pirates !!!!! If my history classes serve me well a very well know pirate was defeated by a TEAM sent from Virginia off the Carolina coast. I guess those of us from Va are now looking forward to defeating the Pirates on Sept 2

Yea a team of British navy sailors not actual Virginians. Your story would work if we were playing the Naval Academy. But don't worry we'll make sure the plank is short so you won't have far to walk!
06-14-2017 12:19 PM
Dukester Offline

(06-12-2017 03:37 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 10:06 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  

I don't see how they are comparing you guys to those schools. The one guy was stating that ECU has to make a statement in this game. The other guy brought up the scores from NC Central and Western Carolina as a point that making a statement in those games meant nothing because we still had bad years. Also yes we were in the CAA from 1985-2001 (16 years). But during that time our football was independent. Football drives the bus at ECU so since we have never played you guys in football before there will be a lot of fans who do not know a lot about JMU. Especially during the CAA years.

I also did not hear anybody say "he knew nothing of "small schools". Can you tell me where you heard that? What I did hear him say was "On a school I don't necessarily know a lot about" at the 23:11 mark.

Wow 16 years. How time flys.
06-14-2017 02:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.