Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

List of Comeys Legal Issues
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
List of Comeys Legal Issues
He's about to rack up some attorneys fees.

1. Comey lied when he said Jeff Sessions had not notified him of his recusal parameters. Sessions has already provided the email this morning showing that Comey was included on that.

2. Comey insinuated that Sessions recused himself over meetings with Russians, a matter which he could not speak further about in a public session. Sessions recused himself due to one reason only; there is a law that states that an AG has to recuse himself of investigations that deal with a campaign that you were an entity of.

3. Comey leaked the memo. This has several criminal violations tied to it, including theft of FBI property. Comey tried to hide behind the fact that he had scrubbed the memo of classified info, but the law does states its illegal regardless of classification. Also, private meetings with the president are almost always deemed classified unti lthe president declassifies it.

4. Comey lied about the reason he leaked the memo. He said it was in response to Trumps tweet. However, the memo details were being leaked and made public prior to the tweet. Trumps attorneys arefiling a complaint with the DA's IG on this matter.

5. Comey laid out an obstruction of justice case against Loretta Lynch, but failed to notify authorities that he was being pressured about the investigation, which is a crime. He also unilaterally ended the invesitgation himself, which is the basis for obstruction of justice now knowing that Lynch had told him to tap down the definition of the investigation, and Comey complied.
06-09-2017 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: List of Comeys Legal Issues
[Image: History-of-Seat-Belts-630x420.jpg]
06-09-2017 01:11 PM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
So Comey has gotten himself into a little bit of trouble, but nothing too serious or at least not as serious as what he potentially has on Lynch and Clinton. Could he have put himself in this position willingly? Stay with me, I'm going out on a limb. Comey gets himself fired knowing he will likely be called to testify. He mostly clears Trump, and while doing so points a huge finger at Lynch and Clinton, knowing he could offer testimony as part of a deal for leniency. He's now free to talk about Lynch and Clinton as a private citizen where he may not have been able to do so while still at the FBI for fear of it looking political. Probability of that being the case, .0000001% but in my mind it's an interesting idea given how freely Comey seemed to open himself up to legal issues yesterday.
06-09-2017 01:19 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I dont think Comey wanted to clear Trump. Comey wants to put enough of a cloud over everyone so that noone can come after him.

He really does have a god complex.
06-09-2017 01:53 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(06-09-2017 01:19 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  So Comey has gotten himself into a little bit of trouble, but nothing too serious or at least not as serious as what he potentially has on Lynch and Clinton. Could he have put himself in this position willingly? Stay with me, I'm going out on a limb. Comey gets himself fired knowing he will likely be called to testify. He mostly clears Trump, and while doing so points a huge finger at Lynch and Clinton, knowing he could offer testimony as part of a deal for leniency. He's now free to talk about Lynch and Clinton as a private citizen where he may not have been able to do so while still at the FBI for fear of it looking political. Probability of that being the case, .0000001% but in my mind it's an interesting idea given how freely Comey seemed to open himself up to legal issues yesterday.

He's gonna be a BIIIIIGGGG body floating on the Potomac. Poor Comey.
06-09-2017 02:54 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Between Trump and Comey, Trump is the only one who has hired lawyers. I wonder why. Innocent people don't need lawyers. 05-stirthepot
06-09-2017 02:59 PM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(06-09-2017 02:59 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Between Trump and Comey, Trump is the only one who has hired lawyers. I wonder why. Innocent people don't need lawyers. 05-stirthepot

You don't think Comey has a lawyer?? Youre nuts
06-09-2017 03:00 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(06-09-2017 02:59 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Innocent people don't need lawyers.

04-jawdrop
06-09-2017 03:01 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(06-09-2017 03:01 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 02:59 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Innocent people don't need lawyers.

04-jawdrop

Yea, what?

Guess I can tell Kurt and Carolyn- "you're FIRED!" lol.

What a dumb thing to say.
06-09-2017 04:24 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
It was appropriate to fire him. He is in no legal trouble.
06-09-2017 05:03 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Comey is in no real legal trouble, and Trump is in no real trouble from anything Comey said. This is all a bunch of crap. Even if every single thing the Dems want you to believe about the Russia stuff is true that still doesn't change the fact that they are the ones who usurped the will of the their party's voters and cheated their way to run the most corrupt candidate in the history of the country.
06-09-2017 06:15 PM
Advertisement

hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
(06-09-2017 02:59 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Innocent people don't need lawyers. 05-stirthepot

The statement above is completely false and a major generalization. First, innocent people do need lawyers to conduct business contracts, produce wills, and other forms of legal matters. I have lawyers, does that make me guilty?
06-09-2017 06:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(06-09-2017 06:15 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Comey is in no real legal trouble, and Trump is in no real trouble from anything Comey said. This is all a bunch of crap. Even if every single thing the Dems want you to believe about the Russia stuff is true that still doesn't change the fact that they are the ones who usurped the will of the their party's voters and cheated their way to run the most corrupt candidate in the history of the country.

Does your extensive resume in the legal field and years of real world experience tell you this?
06-09-2017 06:46 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(06-09-2017 06:46 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 06:15 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Comey is in no real legal trouble, and Trump is in no real trouble from anything Comey said. This is all a bunch of crap. Even if every single thing the Dems want you to believe about the Russia stuff is true that still doesn't change the fact that they are the ones who usurped the will of the their party's voters and cheated their way to run the most corrupt candidate in the history of the country.

Does your extensive resume in the legal field and years of real world experience tell you this?

Your's tell you different? If so your expertise sucks.
06-09-2017 08:34 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(06-09-2017 08:34 PM)Paul M Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 06:46 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

Your's tell you different? If so your expertise sucks.
If using your position for political favor, to obstruct justice, and to mislead the American public isn't legal trouble, it sure as schit should be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
06-09-2017 10:52 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

Jay Sekulow disagrees:

Comey’s admission that he is a leaker also raises serious legal questions. In my view, Comey broke the law: 18 U.S.C. § 641 provides that it is a federal crime to, without authority, convey a record of the United States, in this case an FBI record he admits under oath he leaked after being fired.
06-09-2017 11:35 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(06-09-2017 11:35 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Jay Sekulow disagrees:

Comey’s admission that he is a leaker also raises serious legal questions. In my view, Comey broke the law: 18 U.S.C. § 641 provides that it is a federal crime to, without authority, convey a record of the United States, in this case an FBI record he admits under oath he leaked after being fired.

Comey keeps saying he had the right to leak this as "private American citizen"

Well the thing about that...he was not in the White House as a "private American citizen". He was there as the leader of the FBI
06-10-2017 12:03 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

Napalitano disagrees with Sekulow.
06-10-2017 12:03 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(06-10-2017 12:03 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Napalitano disagrees with Sekulow.

Napalitano is a moron.

There's a reason he's been a media personality lately rather than a judge,
06-10-2017 01:02 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I don't think there is any question that Comey broke the law, but I doubt that he is in serious legal trouble because I don't think there's any prosecutor willing to fade the heat that would come with going after him. He'll get off on prosecutorial discretion, as he recommended for Hillary.

I don't think Trump is in serious legal trouble because I don't see where he has done anything illegal. Asking Comey to go light on Flynn is within his constitutional powers as president. Firing Comey, for whatever reason, is within the scope of his constitutional powers as president. The special counsel is a different proposition, because he does not have hire and fire power there. But unless there really was a conspiracy, which at this point I doubt, there's nothing to go after Trump.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2017 09:47 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
06-10-2017 01:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.