Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oklahoma Coaching Search
Bookmark and Share
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
Oklahoma Coaching Search
Any chance with OU having an opening Scott Satterfield leaves for OU? Listed as a rising star.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-footbal...-the-rise/
06-07-2017 02:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

RE: Oklahoma Coaching Search
06-07-2017 02:48 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

Disregard Lincoln Riley is the new HC. Mods you can delete this.
06-07-2017 02:52 PM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(06-07-2017 02:47 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  Any chance with OU having an opening Scott Satterfield leaves for OU? Listed as a rising star.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-footbal...-the-rise/

You want Satterfield to leave AppSt real bad don't you.
06-07-2017 03:05 PM
Gemofthehills Online
All American

I Root For: JSU
Why would Oklahoma consider Satterfield? He is doing a good job but Oklahoma can get most anyones attention.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2017 06:47 AM by Gemofthehills.)
06-07-2017 07:30 PM
Advertisement

Golota Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM
Yeah OU isn't even thinking of App. State Coach.App coach Maybe to Memphis when their coach leaves. OU would take their own in Fuentes at VT before App coach.
06-08-2017 01:17 AM
hapapp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
If and when Scott leaves Boone, it's not likely it will be for a high profile P5 job like that. I think he is a terrific fit at App but in addition to App he has brief stops at Toledo and FIU. That's a long way from prime time. He may eventually get there, but not directly from where he is now.
06-08-2017 04:57 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
lol. OU already had an heir in line for Stoops. Satterfield will get approached by a P5 team in the next year, again, but I seriously doubt it would be a program like OU, or another major P5 power like that.
06-08-2017 07:05 AM
moehler Offline
1st String

agree, I think the odds are good he will probably end up at a low/mid range P5 school. I still think he would be the NC State coach this year if they had not beaten UNC, I was the biggest Wolfpack fan for one game, and will be a huge fan this year, not because I like NC State, quite the opposite, normally I could care less about their program, and how many games they win, but if they fire the current coach, we can probably say bye bye to SS and probably most of the staff.
06-08-2017 02:45 PM
Advertisement

troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
I heard Satterfield turned it down. He likes Coyote Kitchen too much to leave.
06-08-2017 02:52 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I fully support any school hiring Scott Satterfield, but OU isn't the school that poaches from App State. They can poach from other P5 schools if need be.
06-08-2017 04:57 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(06-08-2017 04:57 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I fully support any school hiring Scott Satterfield, but OU isn't the school that poaches from App State. They can poach from other P5 schools if need be.

My gut says Satterfiled has already had an inquiry or two but another good season at App and some of the bigger fish may come calling. One would have to think that Doeren has to be on the hot-seat at NC State and maybe Cutcliffe at Duke as well. Either one of those two North Carolina schools could easily payoff any contact App has and then make Satterfield a rich man.
06-08-2017 05:57 PM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

No way is Cutcliffe on the hot seat at Duke. They know if they fire him they're going right back to the cellar of the ACC.
06-08-2017 06:01 PM
Advertisement

All American

(06-08-2017 06:01 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  No way is Cutcliffe on the hot seat at Duke. They know if they fire him they're going right back to the cellar of the ACC.

Newsflash - they were in the cellar last season unless you call 4-8 (1-7) being king of the hill.

Plus if they hire Satterfield I doubt they would be cellar dwellers
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2017 06:11 PM by Georgia_Power_Company.)
06-08-2017 06:07 PM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

(06-08-2017 06:07 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 06:01 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  No way is Cutcliffe on the hot seat at Duke. They know if they fire him they're going right back to the cellar of the ACC.

Newsflash - they were in the cellar last season unless you call 4-8 (1-7) being king of the hill.

Obviously not good last year, but they had been to four straight bowls before that, including an ACC title berth in 2013. Before Cutcliffe got there in 2012, they'd been to two bowls since 1961. Shoot, they'd have been thrilled with 4-8 before Cutcliffe got there.
06-08-2017 06:51 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

Duke was arguably the worst college football program over the course of nearly 15 years prior to Cutcliffe. They had 3 winless season's. They had several more winless ACC season's. They were so far behind in every aspect--facilities, budget, culture, everything--that he really should have gotten more nominations as national coach of the year. He built them into a 10 win team in 2013! That guy is going to get some grace when he has a backslide for a year or two. Besides, hes in the weaker division of the ACC. He'll have opportunity to recover.

It's the NC State job that may come open soon, which should concern is App State/Scott Satterfield fans.
06-08-2017 08:24 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(06-08-2017 08:24 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  

Duke was arguably the worst college football program over the course of nearly 15 years prior to Cutcliffe. They had 3 winless season's. They had several more winless ACC season's. They were so far behind in every aspect--facilities, budget, culture, everything--that he really should have gotten more nominations as national coach of the year. He built them into a 10 win team in 2013! That guy is going to get some grace when he has a backslide for a year or two. Besides, hes in the weaker division of the ACC. He'll have opportunity to recover.

It's the NC State job that may come open soon, which should concern is App State/Scott Satterfield fans.

If Cutcliffe's seat gets hot at Duke, they'll just get him a new seat.
06-08-2017 10:27 PM
Advertisement

Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

(06-08-2017 10:27 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  

The guy talking about Cutcliffe being on the hot seat 03-lmfao . That man will have a statue before too long at Duke. 2013 was the first time since 1962 that Duke ended the season in the Top 25. Plus they won their first bowl game in 2015 since 1961.
06-09-2017 03:34 AM
All American

(06-09-2017 03:34 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  

The guy talking about Cutcliffe being on the hot seat 03-lmfao . That man will have a statue before too long at Duke. 2013 was the first time since 1962 that Duke ended the season in the Top 25. Plus they won their first bowl game in 2015 since 1961.

So if Cutcliffe has one or two more losing seasons in a row you are saying that he would still be safe. If you note in my original comment I did use the word "maybe" because anyone's seat can get hot with a couple of losing seasons. I don't really care one way or the other but I guess it's true when people say opinions are like a--holes everyone has one.

01-wingedeagle
06-09-2017 06:52 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

(06-09-2017 06:52 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 03:34 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 06:07 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  Newsflash - they were in the cellar last season unless you call 4-8 (1-7) being king of the hill.

So if Cutcliffe has one or two more losing seasons in a row you are saying that he would still be safe. If you note in my original comment I did use the word "maybe" because anyone's seat can get hot with a couple of losing seasons. I don't really care one way or the other but I guess it's true when people say opinions are like a--holes everyone has one.

01-wingedeagle

Maybe he would be on the hot seat if he went 1-11 or 2-10 for three years in a row. Duke was such a mess before him that I think Duke would give him plenty of time to get it squared away.
06-09-2017 05:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.