Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Homecoming for a couple days
Bookmark and Share
Usajags Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Homecoming for a couple days
My son and his high school basketball team are participating in the South Alabama team basketball camp this week. Having not lived in Mobile for nearly 20 years, this has been a great time to spend some time at home and on campus. Seeing all the new to me construction and seeing the kids on campus has been a real treat.

Watching my kids' team beat UMS-Wright this evening was a treat as well.

Can't wait for another round tomorrow.

Anyone else that lives away from their school had this type of treat before???
06-06-2017 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
RE: Homecoming for a couple days
I only live about an hour and a half away from San Marcos Nd probably find my self there at least 4 or 5 times a year. That said the school and city are growing like crazy. The first time I returned to campus was about 6 months after i graduated and I brought a group of students to take a tour of the campus. It had already changed so much with construction in that short time span. Now everytime I go back there's some new building finished or one under construction and a new restaurant or store in town.
06-06-2017 09:21 PM
SLewis Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: App State
I just moved back to Boone to take classes towards my Teaching Licensure, and this place has changed dramatically in the few years since I originally graduated. A few old dilapidated hotels have been torn down and in their place a massive apartment complex has been put up. On one hand it's nice that the old hotels are gone, but the apartment building is a real eye sore in the middle of town. Lots of new restaurants around town too.

My first time back walking around campus I ran into a group of incoming students going around for orientation, and the look of memorization on their faces took me back to my first time walking around campus.
06-06-2017 10:39 PM
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
It seems like every time I go on GS's campus there's a new building there. With as much as it's changed in the 4.5 years I was there, I'm sure it'll keep changing and growing in the coming years.

This past year they built a new Shooting Sports Education Center and a new Military Science Academy. They have three more buildings that will be completed by 2018: A huge multipurpose academic building, an engineering research lab, and a remodel of a decades old student union. Hopefully the feasibility study for a new Arena will be done by then.

Add that to the buildings going up on Armstrong's campus in Savannah (soon to be GS-Savannah Campus) and the Blue Mile Project coming to downtown and Statesboro will be unrecognizable in a few years.

My parents who also went to GS in the 1970's said the only thing that's remotely the same about the city of Statesboro for them is Sweetheart Circle (historic part of campus) and everything else is different.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 10:56 PM by TrueBlueDrew.)
06-06-2017 10:46 PM
HighCountry Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: APP STATE
I was lucky enough to be able to put my degree to work in Boone...so I haven't left since I started school in '09.
06-07-2017 07:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.