Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Berry suspension
Bookmark and Share
EagleFWB Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Berry suspension
If this has been mentioned or printed in the papers somewhere then I apologize.....

When Berry got tossed I read the lips of the other ump that came over. You could see it really good on TV and he definitely said "Two game suspension".

I'd love to know what all Berry said to them.
06-06-2017 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Footballeagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: USM
RE: Berry suspension
i hope he said F U. Both calls at first were bad as well as the four or five check swings he didnt call. However the ump didnt have our four hole hitter bunt either nor did the ump drop a fly ball in center field and watch one fall in rf. We played awful defense and walked too many.
06-06-2017 08:03 AM
Bleacher Eagle Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-06-2017 07:49 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  "Two game suspension".

Ironically, the first series next season will be against Mississippi State in Hattiesburg
06-06-2017 08:16 AM
theheadeagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(06-06-2017 08:16 AM)Bleacher Eagle Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 07:49 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  "Two game suspension".

Ironically, the first series next season will be against Mississippi State in Hattiesburg

Great. The first series is meaningless. We could kick the sh*t out of them but they'd just beat us later in the season when it mattered most.
06-06-2017 08:25 AM

RockTheRock Offline
Special Teams

Berry getting tossed was dumb because it was just a one-run game. He freaked and lost his head. Let the fans give the ump immortal hell, keep your head and coach.
06-06-2017 09:10 AM
HarborPointe Offline
1st String

Seriously, what did getting tossed accomplish?

Umps are gonna blow calls. Going into any baseball game, you have to expect to have to overcome a couple. The call on the tag up on the fly ball that went against State was far worse if the split-screen replay was accurate.
06-06-2017 10:55 AM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

He will appeal.
06-06-2017 10:59 AM

Eagle9 Offline
2nd String

I'd have gotten tossed too. As big of a play as it was, he almost had to. And baseball ain't football, having your head coach in the game isn't all that important. More of a players game. Berry doesn't call pitches or anything. Also, Caillet is in charge of the offense other than coaching third anyway.
06-06-2017 11:01 AM
EagleFWB Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
It was definitely a build-up throughout the night. He was jawing about the strike zone all night, and rightfully so. Then he went out and talked after Braley was thrown out, that one was close too. Two outs and the tying run on third.... I don't blame him. It was a big out and close enough to go either way.
06-06-2017 11:20 AM
va-eagle Offline
2nd String

(06-06-2017 10:55 AM)HarborPointe Wrote:  Seriously, what did getting tossed accomplish?

Umps are gonna blow calls. Going into any baseball game, you have to expect to have to overcome a couple. The call on the tag up on the fly ball that went against State was far worse if the split-screen replay was accurate.

Umps will blow calls, but they normally don't straight up suck at this level. The MS call for leaving first too early when tagging up, looked like our guy got under the tag at second, beating throw at first, multiple missed calls on check swings.

As for the plate ump, very inconsistent strike zone. At the belt a ball for MSU and above the belt a strike for USM.

All of that said, 2 of the popups should have been routine outs and the 3rd was definitely a makeable play.
06-06-2017 12:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.