Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

STILL TIME TO PREDICT the NBA Finals
Bookmark and Share
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
STILL TIME TO PREDICT the NBA Finals
Who wins? How many games? MVP?
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 02:09 PM by Tigx.)
05-31-2017 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dynamos Offline
Heisman

I Root For: 3 Day Weekends
RE: Predict the NBA Finals
Cavs in 6
05-31-2017 11:08 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I say the Warriors sweep.

See lots of people saying Warriors in 5. Why not go bold and predict the first 16-0 sweep in NBA playoff history?

One thing for sure, if Dubs get up a game or two, there will be no taking the foot off the pedal, not after last year. Remember, last year, without KD, the Warriors posted the highest winning margin ever in the first two Finals games with a 48-point differential. I really think the Dubs thought is was over - defending champs, 73 wins - most in NBA history. Don't think that will happen this year.
05-31-2017 11:29 AM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
GS has Durant this year, but Cleveland is much deeper this year as well.

I see it going seven games. Homecourt is huge, but so is LBJ in a winner take all game.
05-31-2017 11:31 AM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I predict as a long time nba fan, i won't watch it. I haven't seen hardly anything since the grizz were bounced out. As far as i'm concerned, the nba can go eat a collective bag of dicks. They don't respect my team and trash them with calls all year long for years now, so i'm not interested in watching their product once my team is out. Meanwhile, the two ***** teams like gs and cavs who are babied by officials all year long are in the finals.

This nba era is the worse i've ever seen. It really sucks. I'm not interested.

Btw, i know other nba fans who are also tuning out.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2017 11:35 AM by tmoneyinmphs.)
05-31-2017 11:32 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

Forgot to say KD gets the MVP.

k2, what's your prediciton?
05-31-2017 11:34 AM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Warriors in 7

KD with MVP
05-31-2017 11:37 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-31-2017 11:32 AM)tmoneyinmphs Wrote:  I predict as a long time nba fan, i won't watch it. I haven't seen hardly anything since the grizz were bounced out. As far as i'm concerned, the nba can go eat a collective bag of dicks. They don't respect my team and trash them with calls all year long for years now, so i'm not interested in watching their product once my team is out. Meanwhile, the two ***** teams like gs and cavs who are babied by officials all year long are in the finals.

Man, you are angry. Hating on Marc Gasol in the last thread, now on the entire NBA.

BTW, ratings for the NBA playoffs have been great, so you and the 'other nba fans' you know are in the minority.

This is Ali-Frazier III. First time same teams in NBA finals 3 consecutive years in history. Probably 7 future hall-of-famers. If you can't get excited about this, don't know what gets you pumped.
05-31-2017 11:42 AM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

Predict the NBA Finals
Cavs in 5
Bron - MVP
05-31-2017 11:51 AM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

(05-31-2017 11:42 AM)Tigx Wrote:  
(05-31-2017 11:32 AM)tmoneyinmphs Wrote:  I predict as a long time nba fan, i won't watch it. I haven't seen hardly anything since the grizz were bounced out. As far as i'm concerned, the nba can go eat a collective bag of dicks. They don't respect my team and trash them with calls all year long for years now, so i'm not interested in watching their product once my team is out. Meanwhile, the two ***** teams like gs and cavs who are babied by officials all year long are in the finals.

Man, you are angry. Hating on Marc Gasol in the last thread, now on the entire NBA.

BTW, ratings for the NBA playoffs have been great, so you and the 'other nba fans' you know are in the minority.

This is Ali-Frazier III. First time same teams in NBA finals 3 consecutive years in history. Probably 7 future hall-of-famers. If you can't get excited about this, don't know what gets you pumped.

You confuse anger with reality. The reality is sports is so corrupted in so many ways that i've become disinterested. The reality is marc gasol is soft and overrated and soon on the decline (if not started already).

Those star players that all play for the same teams are babied all year long so your type will be happy during the nba finals. Enjoy.
05-31-2017 11:58 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-31-2017 11:58 AM)tmoneyinmphs Wrote:  

You confuse anger with reality. The reality is sports is so corrupted in so many ways that i've become disinterested. The reality is marc gasol is soft and overrated and soon on the decline (if not started already).

Those star players that all play for the same teams are babied all year long so your type will be happy during the nba finals. Enjoy.

Whatever.

Guessing you won't be making a prediction?
05-31-2017 12:00 PM
Advertisement

tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

Predict the NBA Finals
(05-31-2017 12:00 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

Whatever.

Guessing you won't be making a prediction?

tnmoney is right to an extent.
It's already determined that the Warriors and Cavs would meet in the finals. The players on those teams are babied more so than others. The regular season and the rest of post season is basically a sham at this point.

Until some other big moves happen, it's gonna be Cavs and Warriors for at least 2 more years after this season.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2017 01:23 PM by tiger1016.)
05-31-2017 01:22 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

Dynasties always look never-ending right up until the time they end.

Miami was a college football dynasty in the early 2000's, won like 34 straight games. Seemed invincible. Now just a memory.

Then came the USC with 2 straight nat'l championships and 7 straight top-4 finishes.

Now Alabama.

Lebron is 32 and has played 50,000 NBA minutes and never had a serious injury. Can't go on forever.

IMO, just enjoy the excellence that is the Warriors and Cavs in this mini-era. Won't be around forever., and probably ends sooner than you think. Don't get this sham stuff and people grasping for conspiracy theories. I happily pay the $200 for League Pass each year. Best sports entertainment by far.
05-31-2017 01:45 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

Predict the NBA Finals
(05-31-2017 01:45 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Dynasties always look never-ending right up until the time they end.

Miami was a college football dynasty in the early 2000's, won like 34 straight games. Seemed invincible. Now just a memory.

Then came the USC with 2 straight nat'l championships and 7 straight top-4 finishes.

Now Alabama.

Lebron is 32 and has played 50,000 NBA minutes and never had a serious injury. Can't go on forever.

IMO, just enjoy the excellence that is the Warriors and Cavs in this mini-era. Won't be around forever., and probably ends sooner than you think. Don't get this sham stuff and people grasping for conspiracy theories. I happily pay the $200 for League Pass each year. Best sports entertainment by far.

There's no conspiracy theory

I'll watch the Cavs Warriors and it'll be fun. I expect to watch them again the next 2 years in the Finals. But it does render the whole regular season of 82 games and 2 mos of POs practically moot.

College football is diff. For Memphis, the goal is diff. And there are so many teams.

NBA has 30 teams and frankly it gets boring after a while when your team makes the POs but you know that there's no way they are gonna win a championship.
05-31-2017 02:00 PM
Crazier Online
All American

I agree with you about the NBA but disagree with you about Marc Gasol. He had one of his best years this season.
05-31-2017 02:11 PM
Dynamos Offline
Heisman

I Root For: 3 Day Weekends
(05-31-2017 02:00 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  
(05-31-2017 01:45 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Dynasties always look never-ending right up until the time they end.

Now Alabama.

I'll watch the Cavs Warriors and it'll be fun. I expect to watch them again the next 2 years in the Finals. But it does render the whole regular season of 82 games and 2 mos of POs practically moot.

College football is diff. For Memphis, the goal is diff. And there are so many teams.

NBA has 30 teams and frankly it gets boring after a while when your team makes the POs but you know that there's no way they are gonna win a championship.

But you were in this thread arguing about how fun it is to win 42 games and lose in the first round every year
05-31-2017 02:11 PM
Advertisement

tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

Predict the NBA Finals
(05-31-2017 02:11 PM)Dynamos Wrote:  

Now Alabama.

But you were in this thread arguing about how fun it is to win 42 games and lose in the first round every year

Never said that...it was your assumption. And you must have jumped threads cuz I didn't say any such thing in this thread.

I would rather make the POs than not. The Spurs series was fun. I would rather experience that as a fan than go for a complete rebuild and be in the dumpsters like the Wolves (going on 13 yrs), the Suns (going on 7 yrs), etc. But I know whatever we do, whoever we get, no other team has a shot at the championship this season and the next 2 yrs with a healthy Cavs /Warriors teams looming large.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2017 02:18 PM by tiger1016.)
05-31-2017 02:17 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-31-2017 01:45 PM)Tigx Wrote:  IMO, just enjoy the excellence that is the Warriors and Cavs in this mini-era. Won't be around forever., and probably ends sooner than you think. Don't get this sham stuff and people grasping for conspiracy theories. I happily pay the $200 for League Pass each year. Best sports entertainment by far.

Of course college football is different, you're missing the point. Every sports dynasty seems invincible, but they never are. I could make the same argument for just about any sport.

Aging stars, injuries, role players leaving for bigger contracts than the dynastic team can afford, other teams improving, trades, and some players just losing the hunger after winning. It's inevitable, and it usually happens sooner than later.

If there was a way to bet whether or not the Cavs - Dubs both make the next 2 finals, then I would take that bet in a second.
05-31-2017 02:39 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

Predict the NBA Finals
(05-31-2017 02:39 PM)Tigx Wrote:  
(05-31-2017 01:45 PM)Tigx Wrote:  IMO, just enjoy the excellence that is the Warriors and Cavs in this mini-era. Won't be around forever., and probably ends sooner than you think. Don't get this sham stuff and people grasping for conspiracy theories. I happily pay the $200 for League Pass each year. Best sports entertainment by far.

Of course college football is different, you're missing the point. Every sports dynasty seems invincible, but they never are. I could make the same argument for just about any sport.

Aging stars, injuries, role players leaving for bigger contracts than the dynastic team can afford, other teams improving, trades, and some players just losing the hunger after winning. It's inevitable, and it usually happens sooner than later.

If there was a way to bet whether or not the Cavs - Dubs both make the next 2 finals, then I would take that bet in a second.

Not true about the NFL. Almost every PO teams has a good shot of winning the SB. 5-6 seeds have won SB since 2000.

Not true about MLB.

Not true about NHL.

Not true about MLS.

The dominance of super star laden teams is a phenomena in the NBA. It's not found in other major sports.
05-31-2017 02:46 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-31-2017 02:46 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  
(05-31-2017 02:39 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

Not true about the NFL. Almost every PO teams has a good shot of winning the SB. 5-6 seeds have won SB since 2000.

Not true about MLB.

Not true about NHL.

Not true about MLS.

The dominance of super star laden teams is a phenomena in the NBA. It's not found in other major sports.

I know you like to argue/debate 1016, but that is just silly.
05-31-2017 02:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.