Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You guys need to be proud - Amazing start in Football Scheduling
Bookmark and Share
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
It is hard to believe it was mid Feb this year that you all announced FBS and they teams you have gotten so far.

Heading to Liberty
ACC
Wake
Syc
VA

MWC
New Mexico

SBC
Troy

CUSA
ODU
North Texas

MAC
Buffalo

Indy
Army
BYU
UMASS
NMSU

I think there is a decent chance of a 2-1 with Wolfpack, ODU offering another might be the only challenge. But plan for at least a payday at Raleigh. Also, I would not be surprised if Duke and BC does a 2-1.

I would not be shocked to see Liberty tries and gets 2-3 of the following teams below from Conferences they have not gotten yet before the start of this football season.

AAC - ECU and Cincy get offered a 2-1
SEC - Vandy and Ky get offered 2-1
B10 - Purdue and Ill offered 2-1

Also seeing some of these teams App, Charlotte, Coastal, UAB, ODU, Ga State, Ga Southern, Marshall, WKY, Akron, Ball St, or Kent signing H/H future dates between now and next year.

Probable FCS teams going to Liberty - NCCU, ELON, Richmond, JMU, Citadel, Furman, EKU

Again, you school has done an amazing job in such a short time frame. 04-cheers
05-26-2017 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

army56mike Online
Heisman

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
So, living in Korea I don't get preseason college football magazines on the news stands. Is there mention of Liberty in any of them? I can't wait till next season and we have our own section right next to Notre Dame, BYU and Army. That'll be so cool!!
06-08-2017 05:11 AM
SlyFox Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty
RE: You guys need to be proud - Amazing start in Football Scheduling
Athlon has us #23 Preseason FCS. I have to admit I am anxious to get through this season quickly because I have the 2018 FBS Transitional Season on the mind. Then again, a season-opening victory over the Bears would be perhaps one of the happiest day of my life. I would wear LU gear to church for months just to shut down all of the BU chatter.
06-08-2017 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BleedingPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
(06-08-2017 12:41 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  Athlon has us #23 Preseason FCS. I have to admit I am anxious to get through this season quickly because I have the 2018 FBS Transitional Season on the mind. Then again, a season-opening victory over the Bears would be perhaps one of the happiest day of my life. I would wear LU gear to church for months just to shut down all of the BU chatter.

Just curious, why do you only refer to 2018 as transitional as both this upcoming season and next are transition years with each season having it's own set of rules? The significant difference is not how you view yourself but rather how the NCAA allows other teams to view you. Year one you must be considered an FCS team for your opponents bowl purposes, whereas in year two, though you are not allowed to go bowling, your opponents can consider your game to qualify them for a bowl.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2017 01:34 PM by BleedingPurple.)
06-08-2017 01:32 PM

SlyFox Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty
The formal process declares 2017 as our FCS Transitional Season and 2018 as our FBS Transitional Season when we must begin adhering to FBS regulations. We will have full FBS membership in 2019. Essentially we will be in no-man's land this fall playing for nothing other than the scoreboard each week. Hopefully we use it to develop our tools and improve our offense.
06-08-2017 02:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(06-08-2017 02:00 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  The formal process declares 2017 as our FCS Transitional Season and 2018 as our FBS Transitional Season when we must begin adhering to FBS regulations. We will have full FBS membership in 2019. Essentially we will be in no-man's land this fall playing for nothing other than the scoreboard each week. Hopefully we use it to develop our tools and improve our offense.

In addition, 2018 if there are not enought bowl teams. A 6-6 Liberty would be picked for a bowl before a 5-7 APR team. Only reason Ga Southern couldn't go was there were enough bowl teams that season.
06-08-2017 06:12 PM
NewTimes Offline
Back in the Sunshine State

I Root For: 'Canes & Flames
If we judge the amount of comments on CSNbbs about LU a) becoming indy, and b) the evolving FBS schedule, compared to when ODU, App St, GaSo, and Charlotte went from FCS to FBS, it hands down LU has garnered double triple or possibly quadruple interest, from complimentary to condescending and everything in between. LU reminds me of the UofM when I lived in Boca in the 1980s and early 1990s, the Canes highlight years. Everybody rooted against the Canes because they were a) a private school and b) they kicked most everyone's butt on national TV. Although Miami has had the past 10+ years of mediocre play, people still get pumped to play the Canes.

The hundreds if not thousands of comments on the multiple threads where LU is mentioned on this bbs is an indication of the interest in LU. This interest dwarfs the FCS-FBS transition of all other recent teams. Granted circumstances are different with multiple teams moving to conferences vs. LU becoming indy, but that's the point. LU generated the most comment when the indy status was granted. That was topped by weeks of naysayers boasting how LU will fail in it's attempt to arrange a FBS schedule. And then again interest topped when Trump announces the schedule and that dialogue continued for several weeks.

And LU is yet to play as a FBS team beyond transition years. One can expect the rhetoric and comments, many negative and ridiculing along with a trend to those without a dislike for the team, to follow the LU indy path.

I've stated since I joined this board 5+ years ago that LU would be, and is now becoming a lightning rod. Opposing teams fans will say "we cannot lose to Liberty". As a fan who watched those first games at City Stadium in the 1970s, it is really going to be a hoot when LU gets a big time signature win at the Bill or especially on the road.

And it is going to be lots of fun. And LU fans, be prepared for the onslaught of opposing team rhetoric and smack talk. Ask me how cool it was to watch the Canes play beat ND and other top national championships teams. Ask Turner Gill. He will remember it well. And LU is knocking on the door wanting to get in.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 01:25 PM by NewTimes.)
06-09-2017 01:25 PM

GE and MTS Online

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
I'm proud of what we've accomplished in such a short period. I look forward to developing future rivalries, future bowl games, and more NFL draft picks.
06-10-2017 09:12 AM
chargeradio Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
(06-08-2017 06:12 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 02:00 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  The formal process declares 2017 as our FCS Transitional Season and 2018 as our FBS Transitional Season when we must begin adhering to FBS regulations. We will have full FBS membership in 2019. Essentially we will be in no-man's land this fall playing for nothing other than the scoreboard each week. Hopefully we use it to develop our tools and improve our offense.

In addition, 2018 if there are not enought bowl teams. A 6-6 Liberty would be picked for a bowl before a 5-7 APR team. Only reason Ga Southern couldn't go was there were enough bowl teams that season.
Would Liberty need 7 wins because it is playing 2 FCS schools in 2018? Then again given the circumstances under which they would be selected it may not really matter.
06-10-2017 04:52 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(06-10-2017 04:52 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 06:12 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

Would Liberty need 7 wins because it is playing 2 FCS schools in 2018? Then again given the circumstances under which they would be selected it may not really matter.

Technically yes, Typically the NCAA waives the the 1 FCS rules if there are not enough 6-6 teams. USA got such a waiver last year to get in at 6-6 with 2 FCS wins. NCAA does everyting to avoid the APR 5-7 teams.

Sep. 1 Old Dominion Monarchs
Sep. 8 at Army Black Knights
Sep. 15 Norfolk State Spartans
Sep. 22 North Texas Mean Green
Sep. 29 at New Mexico Lobos
Oct. 6 at New Mexico State Aggies
Oct. 13 Troy Trojans
Oct. 20 Idaho State Bengals
Nov. 3 at UMass Minutemen
Nov. 10 at Virginia Cavaliers
Nov. 17 at Auburn Tigers
Nov. 24 New Mexico State Aggies
06-10-2017 06:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.