Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Milne leaving W&M
Bookmark and Share
billymac Offline
1st String

I Root For: William & Mary
Milne leaving W&M
My buddy, Spencer Milne, is leaving the Tribe to move to Penn State University.

Spence is one of the hardest working people I had a chance to meet in my time at W&M. He did a fabulous job at whatever he was in charge of, and I'm sure he will be successful at Penn State as well.

Good Luck to you and your family.
05-19-2017 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Got Ribe Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: W&M
RE: Milne leaving W&M
(05-19-2017 09:11 AM)billymac Wrote:  My buddy, Spencer Milne, is leaving the Tribe to move to Penn State University.

Spence is one of the hardest working people I had a chance to meet in my time at W&M. He did a fabulous job at whatever he was in charge of, and I'm sure he will be successful at Penn State as well.

Good Luck to you and your family.

Totally agree. He is a great guy and was a huge asset at W&M. If he wants it, I fully expect him to be an AD somewhere in the next decade.

I'm happy for him, but we've lost someone who thinks, "Things can be better," and then goes out and makes them so.
05-19-2017 09:29 AM
WM Beancounter Offline
2nd String

Good for Spencer! He's always been a great asset for our athletic department.
05-19-2017 09:57 AM
zablenoise Offline
All American

Congrats Spencer! If anyone deserves a promotion it's you. Good luck at Penn State!
05-19-2017 10:00 AM

tribetime10 Offline
Bench Warmer

I am really excited for Spencer--What a great opportunity for him! He has great things in front of him.

That said, this is a huge loss for WM. Spencer did such great work for the athletic dept, mentored countless students and really transformed his department. He was so supportive of new ideas and initiatives. Spencer worked tirelessly, always had a smile on his face, and drove things forward.

My parents continued ordering football season tickets despite not being able to go to many of the games because "Well, we just really like Spencer."

He'll be greatly missed. I know he'll leave the department in great order for whomever comes in next to continue the great work that's been done.
05-19-2017 10:01 AM
wml33t Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: William and Mar
Milne leaving W&M
I saw this on FB, but didn't want to bring it here until I was sure it was ok.

Huge miss for the Tribe, but well deserved. Agreed that he should be an AD before too long.
05-19-2017 11:07 AM
Naptown Tribe Offline
Special Teams

Congrats to Spencer!!! Very well deserved!

Big loss for us
05-19-2017 11:18 AM

BigTribe3 Offline
Special Teams

He will be working as an assistant AD on their athletic fundraising.

Spencer is the guy who inaugurated the Tribe mens basketball Gold Game and made it the huge, and now annual event, it has become.

He'll do great at PSU and wherever he goes. He has been a terrific asset for W&M and will be missed.
05-19-2017 11:35 AM
SoCal Frank Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Wm and Mary
Milne leaving W&M
Spencer is moving on up. A great guy. Really helped me and the kids from local BAG clubs.
05-19-2017 11:45 AM
Zorch Offline
2nd String

I Root For: W&M
(05-19-2017 11:35 AM)BigTribe3 Wrote:  He will be working as an assistant AD on their athletic fundraising.

Spencer is the guy who inaugurated the Tribe mens basketball Gold Game and made it the huge, and now annual event, it has become.

He'll do great at PSU and wherever he goes. He has been a terrific asset for W&M and will be missed.

First off, congratulations to Spencer!

Having said that, let me ask:

1. Couldn't W&M use him as an assistant AD on athletic fundraising?

2. "Moving on up" was mentioned by several posters. If football was all that matters then maybe so. But W&M's success in basketball (as meager as it is) is just as good as any success that Penn State has had (at least lately) and, as far as the non-revenue Olympic sports are concerned, I say that the Tribe's are better or no worse than equal to Penn State (they do have a good wrestling program, something that we dropped in the '80s). So, although the position title might be a step up, the university and the overall sports program are no better than W&M re non-football.

3. So, if the title is a promotion, then I ask again the same question as # 1 above.

4. Is this a case of the new Athletic Director sweeping out the past and wanting to insert her own cronies into key positions? Why else would Spencer leave now when theoretically he could have left years ago?
05-19-2017 02:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.