Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is it just me?
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
All American

I Root For: Common Sense
Is it just me?
Is it just me or is it beginning to feel like Baylor and Penn State are developing an epic rivalry for most out of control university?

It's like watching the university equivalent of the Thrilla in Manila. Every time you think you have seen the haymaker to end all haymakers, yet another inexplicable scandal pops up and re-draws the map.

It's almost impressive how brazenly out of control and perspectiveless the fans and administers at both universities have shown themselves to be.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2017 06:33 PM by Dr. Isaly von Yinzer.)
05-17-2017 06:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

chargeradio Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
RE: Is it just me?
Shut them both down, move Purdue to the B1G East and Kansas to the B1G West. The Big 8 can then reload, or more than likely, get scattered into the P4 weeds.
05-17-2017 08:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
_C2_ Offline
The King of Overanalysis

I Root For: Houston
It's just you...
05-17-2017 08:36 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU
r u kidding me
adminstrates are covering up rape with police depts & fans don't see a promblem
mind boggling really
05-17-2017 10:06 PM

BearcatJerry Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(05-17-2017 10:06 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  r u kidding me
adminstrates are covering up rape with police depts & fans don't see a promblem
mind boggling really

Were you born yesterday?

This has been happening...forever...really.

Do you not remember Jameis Winston and the Tallahassee PD? Or Lawrence Phillips and Christian Peter and the Lincoln, NE PD? Or pretty much any other major university in a football crazed state (or BB too...)?

Really.
This has been going on...forever. The "Rape Culture" is really out there and athletes are a key part of it. Some of these kids have been guaranteed success from a very early age because they can run faster, throw harder, or are just bigger than another kid. They have been passed through school and had heads turned the other way just to ensure their eligibility and success. And suddenly you're outraged because...why???

The real key is what if that superstar kid played for Temple? Would you be as outraged if he was part of the reason your school won 11 games and got $20 Million a year? If that kid was the reason your stadium was sold out with cheering fans instead of clawing for half-capacity on a good day? If that kid was part of the reason Temple was ranked in the "Top 10" and leading off the newscast instead of been reported on as an after-thought behind the "Phillies Hot Stove League"?

You'll no doubt say "Hell yes, I'd be just as mad!" but I'm not so sure.
05-17-2017 10:19 PM
oliveandblue Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulane
Tulane once had a scandal with the basketball team in the 1980s - that was a good team, too. Our administration showed athletics who is boss around town REAL fast.
05-17-2017 10:37 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU
certainly im aware it's been going on forever
sometimes it a cash grap
when u have ur pick of entire school
how does that happen
05-18-2017 01:08 AM

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
My best man ran track at EKU in the late 70's/ early 80's. As is the case today UK and EKU athletes hang together usually workout together. He got to be good friends with a guy that got taken ahead of Michael Jordan in the draft the year Jordan came out. He said the guy had mounds of coke on a table in the Wildcat Lodge that looked like 5lb bags of sugar.

Another friend played football for Jerry Claiborne at UK. He told me the year he came out Louisville offered him a car. Bob Weber offered him a used Monte Carlo. We still laugh about that.

As big a Louisville fan as I am, I don't buy that Rick didn't have some kind of inkling about what was going on in Mardi Hall. It just doesn't make sense. Everything players do or eat is controlled except for a very small amount of personal time. I just don't buy it.

With all that being said every college program in the country has some level of non-compliance. Anyone that believes otherwise is at least naïve or worse foolish. Most of course don't reach the level of PSU (that I consider much worse than Baylor BTW). The amount of rules that the NCAA has it's difficult for programs not to fracture a few rules. Most get reported but many don't.
CJ
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 05:24 AM by CardinalJim.)
05-18-2017 05:23 AM
DavidSt Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ATU, P7
Charles Thompson and Oklahoma

That pervert was following my sister at one point on the OU campus, but she was 17. She got to do her senior year with an early start to college in high school.
05-18-2017 05:53 AM
ken d Offline
Heisman

I Root For: college sports
(05-17-2017 10:37 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  Tulane once had a scandal with the basketball team in the 1980s - that was a good team, too. Our administration showed athletics who is boss around town REAL fast.

Tulane once had a good athletic team? Who knew?
05-18-2017 08:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.