Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Yale Dean Loves Diversity Except For ‘White Trash’
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Yale Dean Loves Diversity Except For ‘White Trash’
[Image: 5jwa6w.jpg]

Unfortunately, this nasty ‘elitism’ is not uncommon in liberal academia, she just got caught.

Quote:A dean at Yale University who championed cultural sensitivity has apologized for her “insensitive” Yelp reviews of restaurants, gyms and movie theaters, including hot takes on what “white trash” customers would find tasty and employees she blasted as “barely educated morons.”

June Chu, dean of Yale’s Pierson College, apologized for the offending reviews, which had been circulating among students for several months, after the Yale Daily News published screenshots on Saturday.

“To put it quite simply: If you are white trash, this is the perfect night out for you!” Chu wrote in one review of a Japanese restaurant. “This establishment is definitely not authentic by any stretch of any imagination and perfect for those low class folks who believe this is a real night out. Over salted and greasy food. Side note: employees are Chinese, not Japanese.”

http://nypost.com/2017/05/17/yale-dean-l...ite-trash/
05-17-2017 06:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Yale Dean Loves Diversity Except For ‘White Trash’
(05-17-2017 06:20 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  [Image: 5jwa6w.jpg]

Unfortunately, this nasty ‘elitism’ is not uncommon in liberal academia, she just got caught.

Quote:A dean at Yale University who championed cultural sensitivity has apologized for her “insensitive” Yelp reviews of restaurants, gyms and movie theaters, including hot takes on what “white trash” customers would find tasty and employees she blasted as “barely educated morons.”

June Chu, dean of Yale’s Pierson College, apologized for the offending reviews, which had been circulating among students for several months, after the Yale Daily News published screenshots on Saturday.

“To put it quite simply: If you are white trash, this is the perfect night out for you!” Chu wrote in one review of a Japanese restaurant. “This establishment is definitely not authentic by any stretch of any imagination and perfect for those low class folks who believe this is a real night out. Over salted and greasy food. Side note: employees are Chinese, not Japanese.”

This isn't the sort of thing that should get someone fired, but it would if they used that language about Blacks, Hispanics or Asians.

Its the double standard that is offensive.
05-17-2017 06:29 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
chew on this chu....the tards have come out of the woodwork in droves....

[Image: tewi_da_finga_by_rikugx-d2zjmp7.jpg]
05-17-2017 06:55 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Bigot
05-17-2017 08:03 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
Average people are white trash to her, sorry we all can't afford authentic food b*tch
05-18-2017 04:22 AM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Another racist Asian person... big surprise there
05-18-2017 06:49 AM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
During the time when Judeo-Christian values were considered societal norms we would hear the objection, "Don't force your morality on me."

Fast-forward to today's morally relativistic culture and we see those on the radical left forcing their morality (or rather, immorality) on everyone else.

We used to hear about Christians being hypocrites.

The truth is, this is basic human nature. I want things done MY way, not yours.

Those who set themselves up as the social justice warriors and the politically correct are no better than the religious hypocrites they detested decades ago.
05-18-2017 12:31 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Yale dean put on leave amid ‘white trash’ review furor

[Image: ogfl9i.jpg]

Asian leftist bigot.

Quote:A dean at Yale University whose Yelp reviews referred to customers as “white trash” has been placed on leave and won’t take part in graduation ceremonies next week.

June Chu, dean of Yale’s Pierson College, apologized for the “insensitive” reviews that had caught the attention of students and the Yale Daily News. Pierson head Stephen Davis told students in an email on Thursday that they shouldn’t expect to see Chu anytime soon.

“Let me be clear,” Davis’ email read, according to the student newspaper. “No one, especially those in trusted positions of educating young people, should denigrate or stereotype others, and that extends to any form of discrimination based on class, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.”

Davis had previously defended Chu, saying he had not asked for her resignation, but said Thursday that Chu assured him and other college administrators that she only posted two “troubling” reviews. But after discussing “multiple reprehensible” posts by Chu, Davis said he couldn’t see a path forward with Chu as dean.

“What holds us together is our collective effort to ensure that every single person in our midst is valued beyond measure,” Davis’ email continued. “This is true not only in Pierson and across the [university], but most emphatically throughout the city of New Haven and in every locale beyond.”

keep reading here
05-19-2017 06:55 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I've always said Asians are the most racist out of every demographic, even if you're the wrong kind of Asian. Had one that is going to Michigan for microbiology or something like that talk about my perceived white privilege and I almost started laughing, bit my tongue about it because he was drunk and wasn't really being an ass about it.
05-19-2017 07:41 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(05-19-2017 07:41 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  I've always said Asians are the most racist out of every demographic

Ill just let the hypocrisy sink in there....
05-19-2017 10:52 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

(05-19-2017 10:52 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 07:41 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  I've always said Asians are the most racist out of every demographic

Ill just let the hypocrisy sink in there....

That it's racist to say that? I guess stereotyping a group is or could be racist, I'll rephrase that to more of my personal dealings with racism towards another race, or even subgroup within race have come from individuals that so happened to be Asian. But I guess I shouldn't judge a whole race based on the actions of a few, cause I do think that is wrong.
05-19-2017 11:03 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(05-17-2017 06:20 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  [Image: 5jwa6w.jpg]

Amazing.

Yet another tolerant leftist. Color me shocked. 07-coffee3

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
05-19-2017 11:46 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(05-19-2017 07:41 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  I've always said Asians are the most racist out of every demographic, even if you're the wrong kind of Asian.

This comment may hold some validity. But let's discuss what this means in the real world. Vietnamese tend to have a very high ethnic viewpoint, as do the Chinese , Indians, and Japanese. On the bottom of that pecking order tend to be the Filipinos and Indonesians.

However, what does this translate into in reality in the US? Which kid is smarter and has accomplished more in their STEM programs and/or spelling bees and/or college schollys. Not a bad position to be in. Classic American Victimization politics is different when the race changes to Blacks and Latinos. Here the discussion is about victimization and prejudice limiting the ability of a single-mom to ensure her bastard Snowflake gets a fair shake, despite relatively low achievement test scores. I'll gladly take Asian pride in their kids, and Latino for embedded generations, over the Black dynamic of blaming a century-old practice for the lack of achievement and opportunity. How many generations does it take for Latinos to assimilate? How about the Chinese, Vietnamese, and Filipinos? Now compare that to the systemic lack of societal assimilation of the Blacks, and there is a huge difference. Over 70% of Black babies are bastard kids, and a huge number of them aborted prior to becoming part of that statistic. Basic Black family structure has been destroyed by governmental "benevolence", keeping them on the same plantation they were involuntarily brought to in the early 1800's. If you want to have a "real" discussion, this is the one that changes everything, and I'll gladly participate in as honest and open manner possible.
05-19-2017 11:54 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

(05-19-2017 11:54 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 07:41 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  I've always said Asians are the most racist out of every demographic, even if you're the wrong kind of Asian.

This comment may hold some validity. But let's discuss what this means in the real world. Vietnamese tend to have a very high ethnic viewpoint, as do the Chinese , Indians, and Japanese. On the bottom of that pecking order tend to be the Filipinos and Indonesians.

However, what does this translate into in reality in the US? Which kid is smarter and has accomplished more in their STEM programs and/or spelling bees and/or college schollys. Not a bad position to be in. Classic American Victimization politics is different when the race changes to Blacks and Latinos. Here the discussion is about victimization and prejudice limiting the ability of a single-mom to ensure her bastard Snowflake gets a fair shake, despite relatively low achievement test scores. I'll gladly take Asian pride in their kids, and Latino for embedded generations, over the Black dynamic of blaming a century-old practice for the lack of achievement and opportunity. How many generations does it take for Latinos to assimilate? How about the Chinese, Vietnamese, and Filipinos? Now compare that to the systemic lack of societal assimilation of the Blacks, and there is a huge difference. Over 70% of Black babies are bastard kids, and a huge number of them aborted prior to becoming part of that statistic. Basic Black family structure has been destroyed by governmental "benevolence", keeping them on the same plantation they were involuntarily brought to in the early 1800's. If you want to have a "real" discussion, this is the one that changes everything, and I'll gladly participate in as honest and open manner possible.

Wouldn't be much of a conversation, most of the black population suffer from a culture problem that is brought upon by their own, other races that assimilate or are born into that same culture seem to also have the same problems.
05-20-2017 12:28 AM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

(05-20-2017 12:28 AM)DexterDevil Wrote:  

Wouldn't be much of a conversation, most of the black population suffer from a culture problem that is brought upon by their own, other races that assimilate or are born into that same culture seem to also have the same problems.

Not sure of your point here. Latino and Asian families assimilate into American culture fairly rapidly. Black culture and the new Muslim migration seem to struggle. Hmm, what is a unifying trait...........Let's start with numerous unmarried disaffected males aged 18-35 with limited job prospects. Who owns this this is debatable, but the fact that this dynamic exists is not.
05-20-2017 12:34 AM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

(05-20-2017 12:34 AM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  

Not sure of your point here. Latino and Asian families assimilate into American culture fairly rapidly. Black culture and the new Muslim migration seem to struggle. Hmm, what is a unifying trait...........Let's start with numerous unmarried disaffected males aged 18-35 with limited job prospects. Who owns this this is debatable, but the fact that this dynamic exists is not.

Saying it's a culture problem they have, we're in agreement here. I was making a case that other races who are born into or around the same culture often have the same problems and faults. Hopsin 5 said it best, just in different words "why are black people the only ones who can't evolve" when asking what a "real n****" is. As for the problem that Muslim migrants (ones that come here, not Europe) are having, well, it's because either they haven't been here long enough or they move to high Muslim population areas and live in a hive mindset of their own morals and ideals (doesn't help that the progressive left coddles them).
05-20-2017 01:42 AM
Advertisement

swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Why would you want trash?
05-20-2017 04:38 AM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

(05-20-2017 01:42 AM)DexterDevil Wrote:  
(05-20-2017 12:34 AM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  

Saying it's a culture problem they have, we're in agreement here. I was making a case that other races who are born into or around the same culture often have the same problems and faults. Hopsin 5 said it best, just in different words "why are black people the only ones who can't evolve" when asking what a "real n****" is. As for the problem that Muslim migrants (ones that come here, not Europe) are having, well, it's because either they haven't been here long enough or they move to high Muslim population areas and live in a hive mindset of their own morals and ideals (doesn't help that the progressive left coddles them).
Then we'll agree to agree. You are pretty smart and a like the way you think. +2
05-20-2017 11:22 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
06-20-2017 01:14 PM
LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
(06-20-2017 01:14 PM)VA49er Wrote:  She gone.

Yale dean who called people 'white trash' on Yelp leaving her post

Surprising.
06-20-2017 01:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.