Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA Basketball Tournament to Dallas, well, Frisco, Texas
Bookmark and Share
LuckyLion Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
It's official. http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/ol...f9682.html

We might try to get there, if the team is looking good this year. Much more appealing and easier to get to than Birmingham.
05-15-2017 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

MONARCHSWIN Offline
Special Teams

RE: CUSA Basketball Tournament to Dallas, well, Frisco, Texas
I like this option better than Birmingham!
05-15-2017 07:13 PM
Monarchblue Online
All American

I Root For: ODU
"A host city must generally have two arenas to host early-round men's and women's games at the same time, but the Ford Center can be set up to use two courts at the same time."

This is effing embarrassing. This obsession with having the tournaments in the same city has led to one bad decision after another. CUSA leadership (there's an oxymoron) is an unmitigated disaster.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
05-15-2017 07:17 PM
Old Dominion Offline
All American

(05-15-2017 07:17 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  "A host city must generally have two arenas to host early-round men's and women's games at the same time, but the Ford Center can be set up to use two courts at the same time."

This is effing embarrassing. This obsession with having the tournaments in the same city has led to one bad decision after another. CUSA leadership (there's an oxymoron) is an unmitigated disaster.

Agree the optics are as mickey mouse as you can get. This is a very bad decision.
Nothing says FCS louder than Frisco, Tx.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 08:20 PM by Old Dominion.)
05-15-2017 08:20 PM

ODU Hoops Offline
Special Teams

Actually Birmingham or El Paso after their host schools lose early in the tournament says FCS every bit as loudly. Literally less than 1000 people in the stands.

I wasn't originally a huge fan of the decision, but I'm warming up to it as an alternative to the cities already mentioned. If we are going to play in this conference that isn't central to anyone, you may as well make it a destination. I would like to see Charlotte, Nashville, or even New Orleans as a spot if Norfolk refuses to bid for all the wrong reasons.
05-15-2017 08:45 PM
Monarchblue Online
All American

I don't care where it is if it isn't someplace I can reasonably travel to, but the idea of playing men's and women's games in the same football practice facility SIMULTANEOUSLY is about as bush league as it gets. Just split the damn men and women and put it in Norfolk. People will attend and poof no more embarrassing tournament. The entire thing is being held back by some inexplicable rule that they presumably think benefits the barely attended women's tournament, which is the most ass backward way to manage your conference showcase I can think of. This conference is the most inept entity I have ever had the displeasure of paying close attention to.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 09:12 PM by Monarchblue.)
05-15-2017 09:12 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

If a tree falls in the forest.
05-15-2017 10:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

MonarchManiac Offline
All American

Lame. So, so lame.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
05-15-2017 10:10 PM
ODU2K1 Offline
Special Teams

(05-15-2017 08:45 PM)ODU Hoops Wrote:  I wasn't originally a huge fan of the decision, but I'm warming up to it as an alternative to the cities already mentioned. If we are going to play in this conference that isn't central to anyone, you may as well make it a destination. I would like to see Charlotte, Nashville, or even New Orleans as a spot if Norfolk refuses to bid for all the wrong reasons.

It's not a case that Norfolk refuses to bid as much as CUSA has the dopey two arena mandate. They could get around that but extending the tournament a few days (like the CAA did for a few years before splitting the tournaments again) and run it for a full week like the MEAC does now at Scope. They could also move the tournament up a week, avoid the MEAC Tournament, and then Norfolk is in play with The Ted and Scope. Really they don't even need Scope for the women's tournament. They could probably put a court in the ballroom at The Main for two days and get enough seats in there to accommodate everyone that wanted to go. Honestly, I don't see how Norfolk would be able to host the CUSA and MEAC tournaments at the same time. The hotels downtown are slammed just for the MEAC. I know the oceanfront/Town Center/Greenbrier is nearby but really that's further than teams are going to want to stay from the competition site.
05-16-2017 07:08 AM
ODU Hoops Offline
Special Teams

@ODU2k1
I just question how hard they are trying. Have they reached out to NSU or VWC? Either of those arenas could host the women's tournament. Maybe they have tried, I just wonder why no one has asked the question.
05-16-2017 07:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.