Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Tweet from Ginnatto talking to Alex Lomax's dad
Bookmark and Share
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Tweet from Ginnatto talking to Alex Lomax's dad
Good news for Tiger fans. Lomax's dad says he would like for Alex to stay home...said "I want him to stay home and close and aint nothing like playing for the hometown team"

02-13-banana
05-13-2017 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Tweet from Ginnatto talking to Alex Lomax's dad
Dig it.
05-13-2017 01:43 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
I think Alex would really enjoy that new practice facility, playing in an NBA arena, and being able to have family and friends attend all of his games...plus, Tubby and staff have been showing him the love lately.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2017 02:38 PM by UofMemphis.)
05-13-2017 01:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
It is good news. I'd like to see him join the ranks of great Tiger point guards.
05-13-2017 01:59 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Can the Dude Bust that TREY
05-13-2017 02:45 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(05-13-2017 02:45 PM)memphisike Wrote:  Can the Dude Bust that TREY

Yes he can.
05-13-2017 04:11 PM
Advertisement

Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

Ginnatto said Lomax was putting on a show today for Team Penny.

A certain poster wants to run down Lomax and say he isn't all that great. He knows this even though he's never watched the kid play one second.
05-13-2017 11:08 PM
chrisd11 Offline
I came to party!!

I Root For: short skirts
I hope we sign the guy. He should be a solid player for us by his junior year.

I just hope you aren't too hard on him if he doesn't come in and average 15 & 7 his first year and lead us to the tournament.
05-13-2017 11:20 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(05-13-2017 11:20 PM)chrisd11 Wrote:  I hope we sign the guy. He should be a solid player for us by his junior year.

I just hope you aren't too hard on him if he doesn't come in and average 15 & 7 his first year and lead us to the tournament.

I'm never hard on players. I don't throw players under the bus. I like the kid because I believe he's nice young man. If for some odd reason he didn't turn out to be what I think he will, you will never see me post one negative word about him. However, your pal stammers will. He will be more than hard on him. That's his style. Not mine. These are college kids. I cheer them on and give them full support from my seat at the Forum during home games and from my den in front of my tv during road games.

I tend to think he will contribute quicker than his junior year though. But that's my opinion.
05-13-2017 11:44 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(05-13-2017 11:44 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 11:20 PM)chrisd11 Wrote:  I hope we sign the guy. He should be a solid player for us by his junior year.

I'm never hard on players. I don't throw players under the bus. I like the kid because I believe he's nice young man. If for some odd reason he didn't turn out to be what I think he will, you will never see me post one negative word about him. However, your pal stammers will. He will be more than hard on him. That's his style. Not mine. These are college kids. I cheer them on and give them full support from my seat at the Forum during home games and from my den in front of my tv during road games.

I tend to think he will contribute quicker than his junior year though. But that's my opinion.

I agree with the player part. While there might be times I might call out a player for not playing up to their capabilities (especially on defense) I will never throw one under the bus. If they continue to not play at the level they should be playing at, I look to their coaches. I never like to hear a coach call out a specific player on post-game shows. That is as low as a coach can sink IMO. If they are not performing, make them run laps, etc. Fix it in practice, not on the post game. I always hated how Cal treated Earl Barron. Even though Earl gives Cal credit for making him a man, I felt like he could have done that outside of the public eye.
05-13-2017 11:48 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(05-13-2017 11:48 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 11:44 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  

I agree with the player part. While there might be times I might call out a player for not playing up to their capabilities (especially on defense) I will never throw one under the bus. If they continue to not play at the level they should be playing at, I look to their coaches. I never like to hear a coach call out a specific player on post-game shows. That is as low as a coach can sink IMO. If they are not performing, make them run laps, etc. Fix it in practice, not on the post game. I always hated how Cal treated Earl Barron. Even though Earl gives Cal credit for making him a man, I felt like he could have done that outside of the public eye.

You make good points. I like Alex and believe strongly he will be a really good to great Tiger. If I'm wrong you won't see me post one negative or mean thing about him. That's not my style. Pro ball is different though. I get on players all the time. I'm a big St. Louis Cardinals fan and sometimes I get loud yelling at certain players who either aren't hitting or guys giving up a lead. But college kids get a pass.
05-14-2017 12:02 AM
Advertisement

EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

He would be a solid piece to next years recruiting class, hopefully he's not the headliner tho. If he continues to progress (which I don't know why he wouldn't, by all accounts he's a hard working blue collared kid) he'll be a good 4 year player for us. Probably the PG that Martin hands the reins to once he graduates.

As far as looking to the coach when a player isn't performing . . . Eh that's a hard one to have a def answer to . . . For example the end of last year, are you looking at Tubby Bc of that? Most people on here think it's the other way around which would mean their lack of performing is on them. If that makes sense. I guess it's just a matter of opinion.
05-14-2017 12:18 AM
MonsterTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers!!!!!
Think Martin might have a break out ..this year.
05-14-2017 12:29 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(05-14-2017 12:29 AM)MonsterTigerBlue Wrote:  Think Martin might have a break out ..this year.

I think you might be right
05-14-2017 01:01 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(05-14-2017 12:29 AM)MonsterTigerBlue Wrote:  Think Martin might have a break out ..this year.

Given the roster, his improvement will be required to avoid a losing record.

Martin will do all that is within his ability to help the team win. We are fortunate he choose the Tigers.
05-14-2017 06:58 AM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

Me too.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2017 07:34 AM by TG4.)
05-14-2017 07:33 AM
Advertisement

TubbyBall Offline
2nd String

So excited to be the favorite for Lomax. True player that brings it every day
05-14-2017 10:45 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(05-14-2017 10:45 AM)TubbyBall Wrote:  So excited to be the favorite for Lomax. True player that brings it every day

I agree but we have one poster here that says he has no real good offers and he must not be very good. He should know because he looks up ratings on the internet. No need to watch him play.
05-14-2017 11:43 AM
memtiger1987 Offline
All American

(05-14-2017 06:58 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  

Martin will do all that is within his ability to help the team win. We are fortunate he choose the Tigers.

I like Martin and he performed much better than I expected. He'll need to play great next year since we really don't have a backup. I think Lomax will be an instant contributor. I don't expect 15/7 (as someone mentioned), I just expect someone who values the ball, leads the team, plays tough defense, and distributes the ball.
05-14-2017 02:17 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(05-14-2017 02:17 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  
(05-14-2017 06:58 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  

I like Martin and he performed much better than I expected. He'll need to play great next year since we really don't have a backup. I think Lomax will be an instant contributor. I don't expect 15/7 (as someone mentioned), I just expect someone who values the ball, leads the team, plays tough defense, and distributes the ball.

I agree. Good post.
05-14-2017 02:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.