Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ODU will open as LU's first FBS home game
Bookmark and Share
NewTimes Offline
Back in the Sunshine State

I Root For: Mia Canes, LU
Congrats to ODU for being the LU home FBS opener. Reading posts on the ODU board in the past, there were favorable comments from fans prior to the announcement. It should be a popular and close game.
05-13-2017 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
RE: ODU will open as LU's first FBS home game
I'm pumped to play ODU and I hope it is a regular occurrence. We both could use an FBS rival and a cross-state rivalry has the makings to be special.
05-13-2017 10:43 AM
NewTimes Offline

(05-13-2017 10:43 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I'm pumped to play ODU and I hope it is a regular occurrence. We both could use an FBS rival and a cross-state rivalry has the makings to be special.
Just checked the ODU board, some sizzling, teeming statements to date which is to be initially suspected. One can hope the disdain will lessen and play between the lines comes into focus.
05-13-2017 10:50 AM
Liberty Fan Offline
Under The Radar

I Root For: Gillville
(05-13-2017 10:50 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 10:43 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I'm pumped to play ODU and I hope it is a regular occurrence. We both could use an FBS rival and a cross-state rivalry has the makings to be special.
Just checked the ODU board, some sizzling, teeming statements to date which is to be initially suspected. One can hope the disdain will lessen and play between the lines comes into focus.

Good buddy and big ODU donor is pumped about being the first FBS team in. He's already asking me to get he and the wife the best seats in the house.
05-13-2017 11:43 AM

NewTimes Offline

(05-13-2017 11:43 AM)Liberty Fan Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 10:50 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  

Good buddy and big ODU donor is pumped about being the first FBS team in. He's already asking me to get he and the wife the best seats in the house.
On reading the post on the ODU site about LU being scheduled, there is a fairly even number who endorse the game and the about half who don't. I would think that is a good ratio.
05-13-2017 02:36 PM
SlyFox Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty
I don't mind some animosity from an opposing fansbase. If everyone shrugged their shoulders I would be a bit surprised and disappointed. I'd love to develop some additional dates on the calendar witht he Monarchs. This feels a bit like the ODU AD doing us a solid.
05-13-2017 09:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
voss749 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FAU
At this point most CUSA fans still dont realize that Liberty will be FBS by the time they play.

Also Liberty at some point would be an obvious 2nd choice addition
to C-USA to give ODU a rival if CUSA loses a few teams to the American.
05-13-2017 10:04 PM

army56mike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
It is good that some people are upset by the matchup. It adds a storyline and stokes the fires if rivalry. At the same time, thise who support the game show the potential if a great and friendly game, also stoking the fires of rivalry. ODU will become Liberty's most played game in time.
05-14-2017 02:04 AM
NewTimes Offline

(05-13-2017 10:04 PM)voss749 Wrote:  At this point most CUSA fans still dont realize that Liberty will be FBS by the time they play.

Also Liberty at some point would be an obvious 2nd choice addition
to C-USA to give ODU a rival if CUSA loses a few teams to the American.
I love Boca and 04-clap2 for playing a game there and a return to LU.
05-14-2017 08:39 AM
NewTimes Offline

(05-14-2017 02:04 AM)army56mike Wrote:  It is good that some people are upset by the matchup. It adds a storyline and stokes the fires if rivalry. At the same time, thise who support the game show the potential if a great and friendly game, also stoking the fires of rivalry. ODU will become Liberty's most played game in time.
A shift is occurring from making all the excuses for not playing LU as has been stated ad nauseam on csnbbs, to approaching the play on the field. A natural progression.
05-14-2017 08:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.