Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Shocked the Brando interview isn't here
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
https://soundcloud.com/espnlouisville/lo...tim-brando

Not that I buy it but here you go for kicks and giggles.

7 min mark
05-13-2017 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Villecard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Shocked the Brando interview isn't here
I was going to post it later today. Had him on my show and we discussed a variety of topics including ACC football and basketball, ESPN cuts, and the ACCN. I knew that he thought ND would eventually join the ACC for football, but was surprised that he said a few people at ND has had conversations about joining....
05-13-2017 08:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
domer1978 Offline
All American

(05-13-2017 08:48 AM)Villecard Wrote:  I was going to post it later today. Had him on my show and we discussed a variety of topics including ACC football and basketball, ESPN cuts, and the ACCN. I knew that he thought ND would eventually join the ACC for football, but was surprised that he said a few people at ND has had conversations about joining....

Sleeping on the job 05-mafia.. Interesting interview on some fronts, but I doubt he(Brando) has any contacts at ND(besides Kelly).Who is officially on the hotseat so his opinion is worth less than zero.
05-13-2017 09:06 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
Brando was the local sports anchor here in Baton Rouge in the Eighties. I remember him well.

Gasbag then, same now. Likes to hear himself talk.

UConn to the ACC it is! That will make all Clemson and FSU fans happy, lol.
05-13-2017 09:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Villecard Offline
Special Teams

On this shortened edition of LSL, Fox Sports’ Tim Brando (7:05) joined the program to discuss UofL hoops and football and the ACC. He also explained why he thinks Notre Dame will join the ACC in football. We reminisced about the Metro conference and the always entertaining Louisville-Memphis State games.

Here's the interview....

(05-13-2017 09:21 AM)TerryD Wrote:  Brando was the local sports anchor here in Baton Rouge in the Eighties. I remember him well.

05-13-2017 11:54 AM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(05-13-2017 11:54 AM)Villecard Wrote:  On this shortened edition of LSL, Fox Sports’ Tim Brando (7:05) joined the program to discuss UofL hoops and football and the ACC. He also explained why he thinks Notre Dame will join the ACC in football. We reminisced about the Metro conference and the always entertaining Louisville-Memphis State games.

Here's the interview....

(05-13-2017 09:21 AM)TerryD Wrote:  Brando was the local sports anchor here in Baton Rouge in the Eighties. I remember him well.

VilleCard, we sure are glad that you post here. Thanks for always sharing these interviews.
05-13-2017 12:23 PM
Advertisement

green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(05-13-2017 09:06 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  Sleeping on the job 05-mafia.. Interesting interview on some fronts, but I doubt he(Brando) has any contacts at ND(besides Kelly).Who is officially on the hotseat so his opinion is worth less than zero.

Athletic director Jack Swarbrick announced that Kelly and the school had agreed to a six-year contract extension that, should Kelly stay for the duration, runs through the 2021 season.
-- chicagotribune.com Jan 29, 2016

BUY TIME
05-13-2017 01:12 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

[Image: printable-notre-dame-football-schedule.png]

within realm of possibility ...
replace 1-2 filler games like temple & miami(oh) ...
voila' ...
almost there ...

MISSION CREEP
05-13-2017 01:33 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-13-2017 08:27 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  Not that I buy it but here you go for kicks and giggles.

NBC and Notre Dame said the extension would begin in 2016 and run through the 2025 season. The contract, reportedly worth $15 million annually for football
-- espn

less than market rate ...

BARGAIN BASEMENT
05-13-2017 01:58 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(05-13-2017 12:23 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 11:54 AM)Villecard Wrote:  On this shortened edition of LSL, Fox Sports’ Tim Brando (7:05) joined the program to discuss UofL hoops and football and the ACC. He also explained why he thinks Notre Dame will join the ACC in football. We reminisced about the Metro conference and the always entertaining Louisville-Memphis State games.

Here's the interview....

VilleCard, we sure are glad that you post here. Thanks for always sharing these interviews.

Ditto & thanks for doing the show.
05-13-2017 02:37 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

Wouldn't it be something if he was proven correct.
05-13-2017 02:38 PM
Advertisement

domer1978 Offline
All American

(05-13-2017 01:58 PM)green Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 08:27 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  Not that I buy it but here you go for kicks and giggles.

NBC and Notre Dame said the extension would begin in 2016 and run through the 2025 season. The contract, reportedly worth $15 million annually for football
-- espn

less than market rate ...

BARGAIN BASEMENT
15 mil was last contract, this one is valued between 22-25 mill per.

Still a Discount, Nothing But Cash
05-13-2017 02:38 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I still don't see ND joining in football ...

But what do I know?

In terms of conference realignment though, as far as the ACC goes, that domino has to fall before any other domino could .... with the possible exception of Texas getting an ND type deal. Which I also see as a long shot.

I think the ACC as we know it today, is what it will be for quite some time. And I am ok with that.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2017 08:05 PM by Pervis_Griffith.)
05-13-2017 02:40 PM
Villecard Offline
Special Teams

Thanks Lenville and Roc.

(05-13-2017 02:37 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 12:23 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Here's the interview....

Ditto & thanks for doing the show.
05-13-2017 05:58 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

One day after the ACC and ND announce scheduled games through 2037, Brando tells us otherwise.

He said the same thing back before the ACC Network and the new GOR was announced.

If this was in the works (as Brando says), why did ND and the ACC agree to the contractual provision that says that ND doesn't have to join in football through 2036, but gets a full ACC Network share?

That is a lot of effort and negotiations for...nothing?

Why not announce ND to the ACC at the same time as the ACC Network announcement last year?

What a big splash that would have made! That would have been big news indeed.

Didn't happen.

Why go to the bother of making the schedule announcement if it is "fake news" and was never meant by either side?

It just doesn't make "walking around sense".

Brando has always been a blowhard. He lives in Shreveport, is an SEC honk and has no ties to ND.
05-13-2017 06:41 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Bottom line...I give it 99.9% that Notre Dame will always stay Indy...07-coffee3
05-13-2017 06:57 PM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(05-13-2017 06:41 PM)TerryD Wrote:  One day after the ACC and ND announce scheduled games through 2037, Brando tells us otherwise.

He said the same thing back before the ACC Network and the new GOR was announced.

If this was in the works (as Brando says), why did ND and the ACC agree to the contractual provision that says that ND doesn't have to join in football through 2036, but gets a full ACC Network share?

Why not announce ND to the ACC at the same time as the ACC Network announcement last year?

Didn't happen.

Why go to the bother of making the schedule announcement if it is "fake news" and was never meant by either side?

Brando has always been a blowhard. He lives in Shreveport, is an SEC honk and has no ties to ND.

Wasn't Brando the one who said that the ACCN would happen when everyone else was doubting it? All Brando said here was that there was some talks, why is that so unbelievable?
05-13-2017 07:51 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-13-2017 07:51 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 06:41 PM)TerryD Wrote:  One day after the ACC and ND announce scheduled games through 2037, Brando tells us otherwise.

Didn't happen.

Wasn't Brando the one who said that the ACCN would happen when everyone else was doubting it? All Brando said here was that there was some talks, why is that so unbelievable?

Last year, Tim Brando assured all of us that ND was going to join the ACC for football......because with the ACC Network, the money was just going to be too damn good to pass up.

When it came out that the ACC had carved out ND football through 2036 AND gave ND a full ACC Network share, he disappeared.

Now, he is back...with another "theory".

ND is usually sealed up tight. When was the last time you saw/heard/read anything out of ND (other than public Swarbrick pronouncements) about conference realignment or ND football possibly joining a conference ???

Never, that is when. Brando is running his mouth, as usual.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2017 08:05 PM by TerryD.)
05-13-2017 08:03 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
Believe me when I tell you that I would absolutely love to see Notre Dame to the ACC as full members . That would be very good news from a Pitt standpoint because, presumably, that would mean that we would again play them annually.

However, I just don't see it happening. I understand the rationale people are using to say they should join a conference or that it's likely they will eventually. However, for Notre Dame, it's never been about being the richest school, it's always been about being the last and most "special" school. It takes an incredible amount of ego to think of oneself in those terms but that is Notre Dame – for better or worse.

I am not an old man but I FIRMLY believe that when I draw my last breath on this earth, the University of Notre Dame will still be a partial independent in football.
05-14-2017 08:59 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(05-13-2017 08:03 PM)TerryD Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 07:51 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  

Didn't happen.

Last year, Tim Brando assured all of us that ND was going to join the ACC for football......because with the ACC Network, the money was just going to be too damn good to pass up.

When it came out that the ACC had carved out ND football through 2036 AND gave ND a full ACC Network share, he disappeared.

Now, he is back...with another "theory".

ND is usually sealed up tight. When was the last time you saw/heard/read anything out of ND (other than public Swarbrick pronouncements) about conference realignment or ND football possibly joining a conference ???

Never, that is when. Brando is running his mouth, as usual.

Actually what I took away from the interview was that they were referring to his article from a year ago & not a new "theory". In any case I don't see it as being unbelievable that talks occurred or are ongoing, it doesn't mean that ND is absolutely joining. Brando isn't the only one saying that he had heard about these talks either, a respectable poster on the main board had mentioned hearing about them as well.

Again, Brando was the one who accurately predicted that the ACCN was going to happen during the time that everyone else was doubting it.
05-14-2017 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.