Open TigerLinks

Please Consider Retaining Your Season Tickets
Bookmark and Share
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
MyBB Please Consider Retaining Your Season Tickets
I received a robocall from Tubby a few days ago which indicates season ticket renewal time is close at hand.

Next season will probably be rough under Tubby, a losing record likely, and little sign of material future improvement evident. It is tempting to skip the season. However, the need for Tiger fan support is more acute now than it has been since at least the Tic Price hire.

I invite all Tiger fans to join me and renew your season tickets. Let's show Tubby there is no resource problem concerning fan support.
04-30-2017 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
RE: Please Consider Retaining Your Season Tickets
I'm not renewing this year after almost 20 years. I have to really go out of my way to make the 6:00 games and the 8:00 games put me home after 11:00. I actually had considered not renewing the past 4 years but was willing to give tubby a chance. I went to maybe 4 games last year and some I didn't even bother to watch on tv. Been following the team since 1970 when I was 15 but the Pastner years made me care less and less about the team. I figure the people paying that large salary can worry about season tickets cause that income of mine is going into my 401K.
04-30-2017 09:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
karter25 Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
(04-30-2017 09:30 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  I'm not renewing this year after almost 20 years. I have to really go out of my way to make the 6:00 games and the 8:00 games put me home after 11:00. I actually had considered not renewing the past 4 years but was willing to give tubby a chance. I went to maybe 4 games last year and some I didn't even bother to watch on tv. Been following the team since 1970 when I was 15 but the Pastner years made me care less and less about the team. I figure the people paying that large salary can worry about season tickets cause that income of mine is going into my 401K.

Could not have said it better. Before I a spend large amount of money on anything, I always consider how much use or enjoyment I will get on that purchase. I did not get very much enjoyment out of the home games I went to. I even made road trips to Dallas, Ole Miss Tulane and Tulsa. I seem to remember losing 3 of those 4 games. The start times make it difficult on my family just like the OP stated. Because of my work schedule, I am always getting to the 6pm games late and the 8pm games make if difficult because of the late hour that we get home. If we could play some inspired basketball and could see some fire and improvement, it would make my decision easier. I didn't attend too many games last year that I saw either of those attributes.
04-30-2017 09:54 AM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
[Image: image_zps5cvjnnvz.jpeg]
04-30-2017 09:57 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(04-30-2017 09:05 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  I received a robocall from Tubby a few days ago which indicates season ticket renewal time is close at hand.

Next season will probably be rough under Tubby, a losing record likely, and little sign of material future improvement evident. It is tempting to skip the season. However, the need for Tiger fan support is more acute now than it has been since at least the Tic Price hire.

I invite all Tiger fans to join me and renew your season tickets. Let's show Tubby there is no resource problem concerning fan support.

I'm renewing mine. Do you really believe we will have a losing season? If so can we make a bet? I'm serious. I highly doubt we have a losing season.
04-30-2017 10:00 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(04-30-2017 10:00 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 09:05 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  I received a robocall from Tubby a few days ago which indicates season ticket renewal time is close at hand.

I'm renewing mine. Do you really believe we will have a losing season? If so can we make a bet? I'm serious. I highly doubt we have a losing season.

I will be happy to make a bet under the condition that the money goes to the TSF. I want to lose and proceeds going to the TSF is a win-win situation. Name the amount and if I can afford it you have a deal.
04-30-2017 10:08 AM
Advertisement

72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators

They are just making a dig at Tubby while trying to look supportive. Misses Josh for some reason apparently.
04-30-2017 10:08 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(04-30-2017 10:08 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  

I will be happy to make a bet under the condition that the money goes to the TSF. I want to lose and proceeds going to the TSF is a win-win situation. Name the amount and if I can afford it you have a deal.

$100
04-30-2017 10:38 AM
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Im not renewing basketball this year, but we upgraded our football. Part of the reason is the terrible job the administration (yes, terrible) has done with the basketball program over the last several years. Terrible contract for Josh, terrible coaching by Josh, terrible retention of players, terrible hire of new coach and staff who have done an even terribler job recruiting and retaining players. For me, a mediocre team and record is not OK, some are happy with no post season and terrible, embarrassing losses, not me. The only voice I have is with my hard earned cash.

But I am a 40+ year Tiger fan and if we were winning, I still have an issue with the ESPN controlled schedule. Unlike many, I have to work. And I have to work most every day. Last year's schedule had a game at a different time and day of the week every week. I went to several games, but the scheduling of games was terrible. Even games on the same day of the week were at different times.

I'm going to go dig up my complaints here from a few months ago and repost. This is last season's schedule

Here's the list of days and times this year
Monday 7 pm
Wednesday 7 pm
Saturday 11 am
Tuesday 7 pm
Wednesday 8 pm
Saturday 12 noon
Tuesday 8 pm
Wednesday 7 pm
Tuesday 8 pm
Friday 8 pm
Thursday 6 pm
Saturday 5 pm
Sunday 3 pm
Saturday 2:30 pm
Tuesday 6 pm
Sunday 1 pm
Sunday 4 pm
Thursday 8 pm

3 Sundays, 1 @ 1, 1 @ 3, 1 @ 4
1 Monday @ 7
4 Tuesdays, 1 6, 1 @ 7, 2 @ 8
3 Wednesdays, 2 @ 7, 1 @ 8
2 Thursdays, 1 @ 6, 1 @ 8
1 Friday @ 8
4 Saturdays (only 4), 1 @ 11, 1 @ noon, 1 @ 2:30, 1 @ 5

[Image: turrible-charles-barkley.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017 10:43 AM by cmt.)
04-30-2017 10:39 AM
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

we renewed ours, but it is becoming more difficult based on performance of the basketball program

pastner was still lost at the end, we were there for his final game in orlando and he still did not know
how to manage the game (timeouts, subs, ect.)

tubby was stuck will some lazy basketball players from the pastner program, so hopefully "his" players
will have a better motor

(posting from miramar beach for the summer)
04-30-2017 10:48 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(04-30-2017 10:38 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  

$100

Ok. I propose a Gentlemam's Agreement that the losing party notify the winner by PM of the donation upon end of the season.
04-30-2017 11:58 AM
Advertisement

Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(04-30-2017 11:58 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  

$100

Ok. I propose a Gentlemam's Agreement that the losing party notify the winner by PM of the donation upon end of the season.

How am I going to know you paid?
04-30-2017 12:01 PM
2tigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of M and LSU

Don't have a heart attack but I agree with you 100%.
04-30-2017 12:02 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(04-30-2017 12:01 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 11:58 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 10:00 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  I'm renewing mine. Do you really believe we will have a losing season? If so can we make a bet? I'm serious. I highly doubt we have a losing season.

$100

How am I going to know you paid?

You can take my word for it just as I will do with you. There is honor between Tiger fans.
04-30-2017 12:12 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(04-30-2017 11:58 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  I will be happy to make a bet under the condition that the money goes to the TSF. I want to lose and proceeds going to the TSF is a win-win situation. Name the amount and if I can afford it you have a deal.

$100
[/quote]

[/quote]

It might be a good idea to have each other's email addresses or some other contact info not applicable to memphistigers.org.
04-30-2017 12:13 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(04-30-2017 12:13 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 11:58 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  I will be happy to make a bet under the condition that the money goes to the TSF. I want to lose and proceeds going to the TSF is a win-win situation. Name the amount and if I can afford it you have a deal.

$100

[/quote]

It might be a good idea to have each other's email addresses or some other contact info not applicable to memphistigers.org.
[/quote]

I agree with that but he wants to go with honor among Tiger fans.
04-30-2017 12:17 PM
Advertisement

Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(04-30-2017 12:02 PM)2tigers Wrote:  

Don't have a heart attack but I agree with you 100%.

So you agree with 83 that we will have a losing season too? Wow
04-30-2017 12:19 PM
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
I gave up my seats after Pastner's 3rd season. Couldn't stand to watch. Liked the effort last season. Renewing. We may drop a few that we shouldn't but we might take a couple that we have no business taking. Plus unless we play at noon the CA won't have a story in the print edition for two days. That may not be a factor by then if I cancel.
04-30-2017 12:24 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(04-30-2017 10:48 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  we renewed ours, but it is becoming more difficult based on performance of the basketball program

pastner was still lost at the end, we were there for his final game in orlando and he still did not know
how to manage the game (timeouts, subs, ect.)

tubby was stuck will some lazy basketball players from the pastner program, so hopefully "his" players
will have a better motor

(posting from miramar beach for the summer)

So true how can a coach sit there with TO's in his pocket while the other team goes on a 23-8 run and blows the game wide open.

Oops that was Orlando not Pastner.
04-30-2017 12:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
2tigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of M and LSU
(04-30-2017 12:19 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 12:02 PM)2tigers Wrote:  

Don't have a heart attack but I agree with you 100% about renewing season tickets but we we will have a winning season.

So you agree with 83 that we will have a losing season too? Wow

Sorry about that. i only agree with him about renewing season tickets. I think we will win more than we loose but another 19 win season want win over the a lot of the posters.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017 12:46 PM by 2tigers.)
04-30-2017 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.