Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU and cost of attendence
Bookmark and Share
SoCal Frank Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Wm and Mary
The dukies have decided to join the 21st century by including COA for men's and women's basketball. They are following Towson and Charleston's lead. Can the Tribe be far behind?
04-25-2017 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

LeadBolt Online
1st String

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: JMU and cost of attendence
(04-25-2017 09:43 AM)SoCal Frank Wrote:  The dukies have decided to join the 21st century by including COA for men's and women's basketball. They are following Towson and Charleston's lead. Can the Tribe be far behind?

I don't think that the Administration views JMU, Towson and CoC as trend setters. In this instance it would appear that they are. How long it will take us to follow is probably a longer process than we would expect it to be.
04-25-2017 01:23 PM
mrjoolius Offline
1st String

I don't think there will be any thought of COA until a new president is in place. Having a new generation president and AD might be the only chance of getting a change
04-25-2017 05:41 PM
Got Ribe Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: W&M
(04-25-2017 05:41 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  I don't think there will be any thought of COA until a new president is in place. Having a new generation president and AD might be the only chance of getting a change

Totally agree.

And I say this with admiration and respect for the football-first lobby, but as things stand now, I'm not sure basketball gets COA until we can afford it for football too, which is to say never.

I'm not hating. I'm just saying.
04-25-2017 05:51 PM

Old tribe Offline
Water Engineer

(04-25-2017 05:51 PM)Got Ribe Wrote:  [quote='mrjoolius' pid='14293212' dateline='1493160115']
I don't think there will be any thought of COA until a new president is in place. Having a new generation president and AD might be the only chance of getting a change

Totally agree.

And I say this with admiration and respect for the football-first lobby, but as things stand now, I'm not sure basketball gets COA until we can afford it for football too, which is to say never.

I'm not hating. I'm just saying.

There is zero benefit/impetus for doing it in football. Plus, if we did it for football we would likely have to do it for 63 women athletes. Men's and women's Basketball is the only sport where it makes sense to do it.
04-25-2017 11:20 PM
soccerguy315 Offline
Special Teams

Basketball should get COA way before football... smaller money investment for bigger impact.
04-26-2017 11:37 AM
mrjoolius Offline
1st String

Plus, nowadays in D1 basketball, COA is almost standard cost of doing business. COA for football is currently not really done at the FCS level. Appealing to the football folks shouldn't be an issue.
04-26-2017 01:40 PM

82hawk Offline
All American

I Root For: UN CW
If they get on board, William and Mary will almost be forced to. Most CAA schools will have it, and the SoCon requires it. If the Tribe refuses, you can expect your recruiting to suffer tremendously.
04-26-2017 04:31 PM
Tribal Offline

(04-26-2017 04:31 PM)82hawk Wrote:  If they get on board, William and Mary will almost be forced to. Most CAA schools will have it, and the SoCon requires it. If the Tribe refuses, you can expect your recruiting to suffer tremendously.
We don't need a lack of COA to pummel our recruiting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
04-26-2017 06:23 PM
SoCal Frank Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Wm and Mary
We are getting smarter! Wrt footballers and coa; we at least try to play big league basketball. We play triple A football.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2017 07:59 PM by SoCal Frank.)
04-26-2017 07:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.