Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

About those rings for Oklahoma State
Bookmark and Share
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
About those rings for Oklahoma State
Being in the middle of Big 12 country, I am grateful for Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy who continues to give me reason to tweak him, his program and get in a mention of the MAC as I did this past Sunday.

I am proud to say we are not among the media outlets here constantly giving cover to OSU.

http://www.enidnews.com/opinion/columns/...95651.html
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2017 04:52 PM by HuronDave.)
04-24-2017 04:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAZippers Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Akron
RE: About those rings for Oklahoma State
That was an excellent, well-written article. Thank you for sharing it.
04-24-2017 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(04-24-2017 04:40 PM)HuronDave Wrote:  Being in the middle of Big 12 country, I am grateful for Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy who continues to give me reason to tweak him, his program and get in a mention of the MAC as I did this past Sunday.

I am proud to say we are not among the media outlets here constantly giving cover to OSU.

http://www.enidnews.com/opinion/columns/...95651.html

I have always said, the only thing dumber than a football player is a football coach. Witness Exhibit A. --

And lets not forget this ... that rule was administered with the basic understanding of all sports ... you can't 'win' on a penalty without giving the opposition at least one more chance. Therefore .. the untimed down.

And while this 'I'm a man, I'm 40' coach has proven he still hasn't grown up ... let's ask the question why didn't HE know the rule and call the officials on it on the field.???

Better believe, had the table been turned, he would have demanded an untimed down himself. ...

The officials (Big Ten by the way, not MAC) and replay booth took their penalty with honor, knowing they had already done the honorable thing.

And by the way, check that rule book in 2017. It will reflect the fact that what they did ... when the rule was wrong ... is lead the NCAA to make it right.

So here's hoping this highly intellectual football coach calls the same play once again next season ... to see if he has learned his lesson.

Or at least read the rule book himself.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2017 06:35 PM by cleveland.)
04-24-2017 06:33 PM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Give the 2013 Redhawks a 12-0 ring. You know, since we'd be undefeated if we played by golf rules where the lowest score wins.
04-24-2017 07:49 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
They are in denial all the way around it seems. I just had a guy from Cowboy Sports Properties actually post this on our Facebook in reply to the column and with an apparent straight face:

"It's called marketing your program and Gundy is a genius at it. From mullets to rattlesnakes to rings, the OSU football program is top of mind in the media, both locally and nationally. This isn't about a coach huffing and puffing about a loss that shouldn't have happened."

Seriously.
04-24-2017 08:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pulltown Falcon Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Would love to be a member of the media and ask him at media day about his teams 10-3 record from last year and how he thought they might improve it this year.

Actually, the question I would really love to ask him is if he has read the rulebook yet?

They still have the 2016and 2017 Rules and Interpretations up. Might have to wait until the 2018-19 book comes out for the rule to be properly updated.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2017 08:49 PM by Pulltown Falcon.)
04-24-2017 08:46 PM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
(04-24-2017 08:26 PM)HuronDave Wrote:  From mullets to rattlesnakes to rings, the OSU football program is top of mind in the media, both locally and nationally.

OSU is a complete afterthought nationally. Whenever I hear about them, the first thought that I have is "That's not Ohio State, that's not even Oregon State" and the second thought is "Oh yeah, there's another Big 12 team in Oklahoma".
04-24-2017 08:47 PM
Advertisement

JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
Why does an Alamo Bowl appearance and an 11-2 record warrant rings?
04-25-2017 12:34 PM
Nick in Cleveland Online
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
I love it Dave, outstanding article!

Well done my friend
04-25-2017 06:32 PM
Advertisement

Pulltown Falcon Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(04-25-2017 12:34 PM)JSF Wrote:  Why does an Alamo Bowl appearance and an 11-2 record warrant rings?

When you are a P5 school and have an outrageous budget and money to just throw around because you don't know what to do with all of it, instead of participation trophies, you give away participation rings.
04-26-2017 07:37 AM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
What a pathetic athletic department. 2016 is over OSU, move on already. Crybabies 03-lmfao
04-26-2017 12:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.