Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Jason and John talking about Tigers losing recruit Matt Stanley on 929 espn
Bookmark and Share
SalRivs Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis
Jason and John talking about Tigers losing recruit Matt Stanley on 929 espn
Jason Smith says Tigers never offered a scholarship to Matt Stanley, but they would have accepted him as a walk-on.
04-20-2017 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FUT Offline
Banned

I Root For: clarity
RE: Jason and John talking about Tigers losing recruit Matt Stanley on 929 espn
(04-20-2017 11:56 AM)SalRivs Wrote:  Jason Smith says Tigers never offered a scholarship to Matt Stanley, but they would have accepted him as a walk-on.

So the kid lied the day he tweeted he was offered? He lied again when interviewed by the CA a couple of days later? His dad is lying about them having it in writing?

Seems like a lot of kids are lying about Tubby and his staff these days. Very odd.
04-20-2017 12:17 PM
Motor City Sam Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Detroit, HPU
(04-20-2017 12:17 PM)FUT Wrote:  
(04-20-2017 11:56 AM)SalRivs Wrote:  Jason Smith says Tigers never offered a scholarship to Matt Stanley, but they would have accepted him as a walk-on.

So the kid lied the day he tweeted he was offered? He lied again when interviewed by the CA a couple of days later? His dad is lying about them having it in writing?

Seems like a lot of kids are lying about Tubby and his staff these days. Very odd.

Should be easy to prove, if they have it in writing as the father says. Just show the offer.

What other kids have been accused of lying about Coach Smith and the staff?
04-20-2017 12:23 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
If allowed, the Dad may need to produce the document to quell the controversy.
04-20-2017 12:25 PM
Motor City Sam Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-20-2017 12:25 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  If allowed, the Dad may need to produce the document to quell the controversy.

I feel bad for the kid. He certainly didn't plan on this when he tweeted out that he got an offer from Memphis. He probably didn't think that it would be used by some to take shots at the program.
04-20-2017 12:30 PM
FUT Offline
Banned

(04-20-2017 12:23 PM)Motor City Sam Wrote:  

Should be easy to prove, if they have it in writing as the father says. Just show the offer.

On this board? Markel and the Lawsons.
04-20-2017 12:37 PM
Advertisement

Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(04-20-2017 12:30 PM)Motor City Sam Wrote:  
(04-20-2017 12:25 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  If allowed, the Dad may need to produce the document to quell the controversy.

I feel bad for the kid. He certainly didn't plan on this when he tweeted out that he got an offer from Memphis. He probably didn't think that it would be used by some to take shots at the program.

Interesting, especially the second sentence.
04-20-2017 12:37 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
04-20-2017 12:39 PM
Motor City Sam Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-20-2017 12:37 PM)FUT Wrote:  
(04-20-2017 12:23 PM)Motor City Sam Wrote:  

On this board? Markel and the Lawsons.

What have they said that was called a lie by someone on the board? I must have missed it.
04-20-2017 12:40 PM
FUT Offline
Banned

I feel bad for the program.

I get that some of you have decided to die on that Tubby hill but some of this stuff cannot be defended.

Saul (the son of the coach) was chosen ahead of Keelon for the 3rd assistants spot. He has provided, at the very least, a ton of negative press for both that kid and the U of M by even picking up the phone and calling him and his high school coach. Most people seem to agree some type of offer was made which makes it even worse. It was not just a courtesy call. We can argue semantics about the type of offer but the fact any offer was made is ridiculous. The guy Saul replaced on the staff would be out there offering 5 stars with a better than average chance of getting them and I am not just talking about his kids.

Odd hill to die on.
04-20-2017 12:42 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

Unless the kid and Dad are both lying, Tubby offered the kid. Tubby is responsible for the predictable reaction. If Tubby yanked the offer, then he is a heel. I can easily imagine the emotional devastation caused by Tubby to the kid and his family.
04-20-2017 12:43 PM
Advertisement

NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
(04-20-2017 12:42 PM)FUT Wrote:  

I get that some of you have decided to die on that Tubby hill but some of this stuff cannot be defended.

Saul (the son of the coach) was chosen ahead of Keelon for the 3rd assistants spot. He has provided, at the very least, a ton of negative press for both that kid and the U of M by even picking up the phone and calling him and his high school coach. Most people seem to agree some type of offer was made which makes it even worse. It was not just a courtesy call. We can argue semantics about the type of offer but the fact any offer was made is ridiculous. The guy Saul replaced on the staff would be out there offering 5 stars with a better than average chance of getting them and I am not just talking about his kids.

Odd hill to die on.

I'm sure Keelon will get a spot on someone else's bench then ...
04-20-2017 12:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FUT Offline
Banned

(04-20-2017 12:39 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  just keeps on

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2...ii-school/

and on. So proud to have Saul on staff.

Yahoo
04-20-2017 12:45 PM
FUT Offline
Banned

(04-20-2017 12:45 PM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  

Odd hill to die on.

I'm sure Keelon will get a spot on someone else's bench then ...

If he wants one he most certainly will. He has the leverage.
04-20-2017 12:47 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(04-20-2017 12:39 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  just keeps on

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2...ii-school/

I can't believe a moderator would post negative stories about our program.

....extremely poor judgement
04-20-2017 12:47 PM
Motor City Sam Offline
Bench Warmer

Odd hill to die on.

Actually, the kind of offer does matter. A preferred walk on offer to a player not good enough to be a D1 rotation player happens all over. It's a normal occurrence in college basketball. If that was the offer, and the media here treated it as a sign that the program is crumbling, that inaccurate at best, and agenda driven at worst.

Any prediction on what kind of players Keelon could get outside of those who are his kids is pure speculation.
04-20-2017 12:48 PM
Advertisement

Motor City Sam Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-20-2017 12:43 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  

Unless the kid and Dad are both lying, Tubby offered the kid. Tubby is responsible for the predictable reaction. If Tubby yanked the offer, then he is a heel. I can easily imagine the emotional devastation caused by Tubby to the kid and his family.

Wow. Okay.
04-20-2017 12:49 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
[Image: 11bsw90.jpg]
04-20-2017 12:51 PM
FUT Offline
Banned

(04-20-2017 12:48 PM)Motor City Sam Wrote:  

Odd hill to die on.

Actually, the kind of offer does matter. A preferred walk on offer to a player not good enough to be a D1 rotation player happens all over. It's a normal occurrence in college basketball. If that was the offer, and the media here treated it as a sign that the program is crumbling, that inaccurate at best, and agenda driven at worst.

Any prediction on what kind of players Keelon could get outside of those who are his kids is pure speculation.

He was offered a scholarship not asked to walk on. Keep on spinning.

Everything is speculation. This D2 kid might be the next Larry Bird we just dont know do we?

As for the second part......I give up. His kids alone would have been 100 times better than anyone Saul has even gotten on the phone. Trying to defend Saul being on this staff after what we are going through today is unreal.
04-20-2017 12:56 PM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
A lot of drama over nothing. Slow time I guess.

If this were a football recruit would anyone care?

I hope the kid tears it up at Ouachita, he looks like he has some skills.
04-20-2017 12:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.