Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What happens if MVC invites UALR?
Bookmark and Share
SMUfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
What happens in the Sun Belt if the Missouri Valley Conference invites ONLY ONE of UALR or UTA?
04-19-2017 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
The Sun Belt gets rid of only one non football school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-19-2017 04:56 PM
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
RE: What happens if MVC invites UALR?
Nothing!
04-19-2017 05:07 PM
SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
That's assuming LR or UTA even accepts the offer. They might not.
04-19-2017 05:50 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
I see no tangible benefit for UTA and can't think LR is chomping at the bit
04-19-2017 06:00 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-19-2017 06:00 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  I see no tangible benefit for UTA and can't think LR is chomping at the bit

If UALR or UTA want to try to keep a guaranteed FBS football invite in their back pocket, no matter how unlikely they'll ever use it, then they'll say no. There ain't gonna be too many of those FBS invites popping up in the future.
04-19-2017 06:15 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(04-19-2017 04:49 PM)SMUfan Wrote:  What happens in the Sun Belt if the Missouri Valley Conference invites ONLY ONE of UALR or UTA?

Simple:

UALR/UTA turn down the invite, we move on.
04-19-2017 07:45 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Online

I Root For: TROY
They won't move to the MVC.
04-19-2017 10:36 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I could see it if both were invited and took the time to do due diligence but I'm skeptical either would do it alone.
UALR isn't going to spend more unless it is a slam dunk move and without UTA being a part to keep travel costs down, MVC is going to cost more.
04-19-2017 11:39 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(04-19-2017 06:00 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  I see no tangible benefit for UTA and can't think LR is chomping at the bit

Let's see....
MVC has an ESPN contract that gets more publicity than the Sun Belt along with more TV payout than what they get from the SB.
Also, the MVC gets more NCAA tournament $$ than the SB.

The MVC also gets higher conference RPI, seeding and even multiple bids more easier than the SB.
04-20-2017 11:28 AM
JTApps1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(04-20-2017 11:28 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  

Let's see....
MVC has an ESPN contract that gets more publicity than the Sun Belt along with more TV payout than what they get from the SB.

The MVC also gets higher conference RPI, seeding and even multiple bids more easier than the SB.

For now, but with the Shockers leaving this is now a one bid league that will lose most of those benefits in a few years. So looking long term what reason do they have for making a move?
04-20-2017 11:34 AM
Advertisement

runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta

Let's see....

UTA has no history and little in common with any movalley school so not likely there would be any interest. we do have a history with many sbc schools and a good rivalry with txst. mostate is the only mvc school that I personally know of dfw area kids being recruited by and going to. UTA may eventually restart football but if they dont and are cast out of the belt we could survive pretty well as an indy. we have no trouble getting home and homes with B12 schools and others that would actually draw nice crowds and that might make up for the loss of sbc revenue. the sbc is a good home for us and east/west divisions in the oly sports would help build rivalries that fans would be interested in. INMHO
04-20-2017 11:44 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Let's see....

Omit Wichita State and Sun Belt RPI is higher the past two years (not looked further back).
NCAA payout will be a declining balance unless someone can go and have similar success.
04-20-2017 11:44 AM
_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
MVC TV deal is about to experience the same thing the CUSA football TV deal did.
04-20-2017 11:56 AM
Gemofthehills Online
All American

I Root For: JSU
Murray State is their first choice. Murray will have to turn the MVC down for the others to receive an invite.
04-20-2017 12:28 PM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:

Let's see....

Forget WSU is out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
04-20-2017 12:33 PM
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA

Let's see....

Others have succinctly said what I was about to, so will leave it at this. UTA's athletic department is really great at looking ahead. With no natural rivals, higher travel costs, no marquee schools and a decline of revenue a certainty, I see no reason they will jump at this. My informal polling suggests no interest whatsoever.
04-20-2017 02:21 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(04-20-2017 02:21 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  

Let's see....

Others have succinctly said what I was about to, so will leave it at this. UTA's athletic department is really great at looking ahead. With no natural rivals, higher travel costs, no marquee schools and a decline of revenue a certainty, I see no reason they will jump at this. My informal polling suggests no interest whatsoever.

I don't have any idea of the mood at UTA, I do know folks at UALR, and the only thing that would seem to make the Valley look beneficial would be if the powers thought the winds of change would leave them homeless but as I've covered before, the votes to do something like that seem improbable.

AState and TXST aren't going to waste political capital explaining it. Both are super easy for ULM to get to. I can't imagine App wants to send basketball to AState and from AState on to TXST or ULM on a road swing.
04-20-2017 02:52 PM
CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization
(04-20-2017 02:52 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  AState and TXST aren't going to waste political capital explaining it. Both are super easy for ULM to get to. I can't imagine App wants to send basketball to AState and from AState on to TXST or ULM on a road swing.

If Texas State and Arkansas State are no votes to a potential swap because UTA and LR will be left in the cold of a new SBC conference that stretches from West VA. to Miami, then they would be inviting the destruction of the SBC by a massive CUSA raid. They will make sure that SBC football will not be able to regenerate.

Bottom line, UTA and LR need to find the nicest home they can now because 1 way or another they will be left in a position where they have to find a new home.

If I were them, I'm calling the MVC people asap.
04-20-2017 03:18 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(04-20-2017 03:18 PM)CAJUNNATION Wrote:  
(04-20-2017 02:52 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  AState and TXST aren't going to waste political capital explaining it. Both are super easy for ULM to get to. I can't imagine App wants to send basketball to AState and from AState on to TXST or ULM on a road swing.

If Texas State and Arkansas State are no votes to a potential swap because UTA and LR will be left in the cold of a new SBC conference that stretches from West VA. to Miami, then they would be inviting the destruction of the SBC by a massive CUSA raid. They will make sure that SBC football will not be able to regenerate.

Bottom line, UTA and LR need to find the nicest home they can now because 1 way or another they will be left in a position where they have to find a new home.

If I were them, I'm calling the MVC people asap.

Uh you are reading something I didn't say. In fact you removed the context by the way you quoted, the remainder points out that App isn't going to vote to expel either. That's presuming a status quo Sun Belt.

If the conferences realign and UALR is without a dance partner, them's the breaks.

But the people who think we'd vote to expel to make the Sun Belt a tidy all FBS league don't understand in-state politics.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 04:23 PM by arkstfan.)
04-20-2017 04:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.