WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Braster to transfer. Who do we have at DE?
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
Braster to transfer. Who do we have at DE?
Nathan Braster offered no explanation or destination on his old or new Twitter account. We could've used his speed and experience with the loss of Spillane. Best of luck to Nathan wherever he ends up. Next man up!

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2...iver_index
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 10:59 AM by WMUlaxer97.)
04-17-2017 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
RE: A loss on the defensive side. Braster to transfer
Guy on Facebook seems to think he is transferring to St. Francis in Fort Wayne, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that.

It would make sense though, considering that's where Braster is from.
04-17-2017 06:07 PM
bronco1988 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU!
I guarantee you neither he nor Spillane will land in a better spot than they had here. This is young inexperienced folks making life long decisions that won't end up being in their best interests.

quote='ColinApocalypse' pid='14272860' dateline='1492470434']
Guy on Facebook seems to think he is transferring to St. Francis in Fort Wayne, but I ihaven't seen any confirmation of that.

[/quote]
04-17-2017 07:00 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(04-17-2017 07:00 PM)bronco1988 Wrote:  I guarantee you neither he nor Spillane will land in a better spot than they had here. This is young inexperienced folks making life long decisions that won't end up being in their best interests.

That is the unfortunate truth.
04-17-2017 08:26 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(04-17-2017 08:26 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  
(04-17-2017 07:00 PM)bronco1988 Wrote:  I guarantee you neither he nor Spillane will land in a better spot than they had here. This is young inexperienced folks making life long decisions that won't end up being in their best interests.

That is the unfortunate truth.

They both seem to have made an error. Very unfortunate for them.
04-17-2017 10:47 PM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin

Guy on Facebook seems to think he is transferring to St. Francis in Fort Wayne, but I ihaven't seen any confirmation of that.

[/quote]

With all due respect, you sound like CMU fans did when JJ Watt left Mount Pleasant.

For all we know, these departures are about more than football. If they do not want to be at WMU/Kalamazoo, God Bless and good luck!
04-18-2017 07:51 AM
Advertisement

WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

Who takes his spot?
According to ourlads their depth chart lists Balabani as Braster's backup. And no backup is listed behind assoua. The only 2017 DE recruits are Matthias and Fayad. This group is now very thin unless a DT can move out or an LB can move forward. If this defensive scheme attacks similar to Don Browns at Michigan maybe there's a LB or S that can play up near the line in the Viper ala Jabrill Peppers.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-dep...igan/92522
04-18-2017 08:10 AM
ITalian83i Offline
2nd String

RE: Braster to transfer. Who do we have at DE?
(04-18-2017 08:10 AM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  According to ourlads their depth chart lists Balabani as Braster's backup. And no backup is listed behind assoua. The only 2017 DE recruits are Matthias and Fayad. This group is now very thin unless a DT can move out or an LB can move forward. If this defensive scheme attacks similar to Don Browns at Michigan maybe there's a LB or S that can play up near the line in the Viper ala Jabrill Peppers.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-dep...igan/92522

Andre Turner can slide inside and has played DE. The Young guys will have to play. Might see a graduate transfer here to provide depth. It's rare a freshman in the MAC can play DE and hold up. Generally DE in the MAC are undersized that need a year in the weight room.
04-18-2017 05:52 PM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Wish Mr. Braster the best and thank him for his efforts at WMU.

Having said that, I would be very happy if he and Spillane made a turn around in their thinking.

They were great Broncos and Coach Lester is a good man whom that they would benefit from.
04-18-2017 06:34 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I would have been happy to get a grad transfer at LB even before Spillane left, but we could really use one now at the very least to bolster depth.

I wouldn't mind seeing one at DE now that Braster is gone, or at DT so that Turner could slid back outside. He'll probably end up doing that anyway. We've got Matich, Finley, Aquirre and Jackson in the middle.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 06:46 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
04-18-2017 06:39 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(04-18-2017 06:39 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  I would have been happy to get a grad transfer at LB even before Spillane left, but we could really use one now at the very least to bolster depth.

I wouldn't mind seeing one at DE now that Braster is gone, or at DT so that Turner could slid back outside. He'll probably end up doing that anyway. We've got Matich, Finley, Aquirre and Jackson in the middle.

Jackson I think is going to slide outside.
04-18-2017 07:42 PM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

That would have been my second guess. Regardless, I think we're still okay on the line. Less experienced, but good size and talent.

LB worries me way more.
04-18-2017 07:50 PM
Broncos83 Offline
All American

Funny you guys mention moving Turner to DE. In looking at him at the Spring game (he was in shorts and his game jersey), I mentioned to my son that Turner looked like he'd dropped some weight and that he "sure looked more like a DE than a DT!". Hate to see Braster leave. With Adams moving on too, tough to replace 2 really solid guys.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 08:13 PM by Broncos83.)
04-18-2017 08:11 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(04-18-2017 08:11 PM)Broncos83 Wrote:  Funny you guys mention moving Turner to DE. In looking at him at the Spring game (he was in shorts and his game jersey), I mentioned to my son that Turner looked like he'd dropped some weight and that he "sure looked more like a DE than a DT!". Hate to see Braster leave. With Adams moving on too, tough to replace 2 really solid guys.

I feel like the roster is updated pretty well with players info and it has Turner at 280 and Jackson at 270. We will see. I imagine the staff will mix and match what they have to.
04-18-2017 08:43 PM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

(04-18-2017 07:51 AM)GullLake Wrote:  

With all due respect, you sound like CMU fans did when JJ Watt left Mount Pleasant.

For all we know, these departures are about more than football. If they do not want to be at WMU/Kalamazoo, God Bless and good luck!

I was thinking the same thing. None of know everything going on in this kid's life (football or otherwise); we have no way to know what is or isn't in his best interest.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 09:32 AM by moe24.)
04-19-2017 09:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doo Offline
1st String

It's not always the player that wants to leave.
04-19-2017 10:37 AM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

“I think I made a huge mistake.” - Nathan Braster on twitter today.
04-19-2017 09:18 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-19-2017 09:18 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  “I think I made a huge mistake.” - Nathan Braster on twitter today.

Wonder how soon he returns... especially watching how the team reacted to Spillane's return... curious as to why Nathan left in the first place...
04-19-2017 09:33 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

(04-19-2017 09:33 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  
(04-19-2017 09:18 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  “I think I made a huge mistake.” - Nathan Braster on twitter today.

Wonder how soon he returns... especially watching how the team reacted to Spillane's return... curious as to why Nathan left in the first place...

I didn't see that on there anymore. But he had a couple vague tweets Tuesday night

"**** just got a interesting lol"

"Stay tuned..."

Could've been referring to something on TV, NBA playoffs?
04-19-2017 11:50 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I just saw that one of our 2017 recruiting targets, Justin Ellis of GA, just committed to Syracuse. I wonder how much effort went into trying to get him here especially with Braster's departure? I think going into the season with 4 DEs (2 true Fr.) is suboptimal. If there are any injuries we would have to move LBs into DE.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2017 11:11 PM by WMUlaxer97.)
04-23-2017 11:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.