Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CJ Bryce
Bookmark and Share
82hawk Offline
1st String

I Root For: UN CW
CJ Bryce
Hearing he has requested his release....
04-15-2017 06:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

BigDoubleU Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: CJ Bryce
03-puke
(04-15-2017 06:26 AM)82hawk Wrote:  Hearing he has requested his release....
04-15-2017 06:42 AM
CaptLou Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Well, that's not cool...wonder where he ends up?
04-15-2017 06:47 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
All American

CJ Bryce
I just don't get it....
04-15-2017 07:11 AM

CoastGuardHawk06 Offline
Chief Warrant Officer of the Board

CJ Bryce
(04-15-2017 07:11 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  I just don't get it....

Me either. But we don't know the whole story.

He's also a kid. You never know who's been talking to him and what they're saying. Certainly frustrating.
04-15-2017 07:25 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
All American

(04-15-2017 07:25 AM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  
(04-15-2017 07:11 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  I just don't get it....

Me either. But we don't know the whole story.

He's also a kid. You never know who's been talking to him and what they're saying. Certainly frustrating.

I wonder how much this would affect the team? He was obviously a leader on the floor with his play. Off the court, he always seemed to kind of keep to himself.
04-15-2017 07:43 AM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pepperdine
You have to think he has been actively recruited by someone. I think he can play at a higher level than the CAA but it is always a crap shoot and it seems to not workout more times than not for guys that want to move up in competition. I assume that is his plan-if he has one. I would not allow him to go to State under any circumstances if I am the AD. This is hard to fathom why he would think he should leave a place that has been so good for him.
04-15-2017 08:41 AM

CoastGuardHawk06 Offline
Chief Warrant Officer of the Board

CJ Bryce
(04-15-2017 08:41 AM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  You have to think he has been actively recruited by someone. I think he can play at a higher level than the CAA but it is always a crap shoot and it seems to not workout more times than not for guys that want to move up in competition. I assume that is his plan-if he has one. I would not allow him to go to State under any circumstances if I am the AD. This is hard to fathom why he would think he should leave a place that has been so good for him.

Agree. It seems unlikely he would file the request if he didn't already have something lined up. And yeah, likelihood it works out vs being an all time great at UNCW? Big time risk.
04-15-2017 08:59 AM
bricksnivy Offline
1st String

I'll wait for details before judging. He's a young man, and he has to make the best decision for himself. I hope he is surrounding himself with people that are advising him well. I hope he stays here, but as I get older, I just can't begrudge college students for looking out for themselves. I have full confidence that any staff UNCW hired was/is going to make Bryce a centerpiece, and I don't think he'll see that in the ACC.

As far as what he's thinking, I imagine he's trying to figure out which opportunity is going to give him the best shot at the NBA. Brian Urlacher had the philosophy out of high school that he wanted to go where he'd shine the brightest, rather than being 'just a guy' at a school with the biggest profile. I think that is good advice, but CJ hasn't asked me yet, or Urlacher as far as I know.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2017 09:06 AM by bricksnivy.)
04-15-2017 09:05 AM
herdfifteen Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: uncw
(04-15-2017 09:05 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  I'll wait for details before judging. He's a young man, and he has to make the best decision for himself. I hope he is surrounding himself with people that are advising him well. I hope he stays here, but as I get older, I just can't begrudge college students for looking out for themselves. I have full confidence that any staff UNCW hired was/is going to make Bryce a centerpiece, and I don't think he'll see that in the ACC.

As far as what he's thinking, I imagine he's trying to figure out which opportunity is going to give him the best shot at the NBA. Brian Urlacher had the philosophy out of high school that he wanted to go where he'd shine the brightest, rather than being 'just a guy' at a school with the biggest profile. I think that is good advice, but CJ hasn't asked me yet, or Urlacher as far as I know.
He is certainly not an NBA player, there are dozens like him available who won't be drafted.
04-15-2017 10:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.