Rice 7
Tech 5
USM 4
Marshall 3
UNT 3
UAB 2
UTEP 2
WKU 1 ***

***going to go ahead had give WKU their first 1st round pick under the assumption that's where Forrest Lamp ends up*** congrats Toppers

http://www.winsipedia.com/ranking/first-...raft-picks
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 06:35 PM by techdawg88.)
04-12-2017 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
RE: NFL Draft: CUSA teams all-time 1st round picks
Interesting that the five holdover schools from CUSA 2.0 have more drafted 1st round players compared to the nine schools added. Also the current west schools have 23 of the 26 players drafted.
04-13-2017 08:27 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
(04-13-2017 08:27 AM)JCMiner Wrote:  Interesting that the five holdover schools from CUSA 2.0 have more drafted 1st round players compared to the nine schools added. Also the current west schools have 23 of the 26 players drafted.

Not really that interesting. It should be assumed considering the variance in program lengths between the old guard and the new. The new additions include 5 programs that are some of the youngest in FBS. Same goes for east (4 young programs) and west (1 young program).
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 08:39 AM by Monarchist13.)
04-13-2017 08:36 AM
JCMiner Offline
All American

(04-13-2017 08:36 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(04-13-2017 08:27 AM)JCMiner Wrote:  Interesting that the five holdover schools from CUSA 2.0 have more drafted 1st round players compared to the nine schools added. Also the current west schools have 23 of the 26 players drafted.

Not really that interesting. It should be assumed considering the variance in program lengths between the old guard and the new. The new additions include 5 programs that are some of the youngest in FBS. Same goes for east (4 young programs) and west (1 young program).

Is there an NFL rule that states universities must play FBS football for X amount of time before being eligible to have a 1st round draft pick?
04-13-2017 09:16 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
One of those 7 for Rice was the first player taken in the draft that year. We have also had the first player taken in the MLB draft. Only one school has had the first player taken in the draft in all three major pro sports, NFL, NBA, and MLB. Want to guess?
04-13-2017 09:21 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(04-13-2017 09:16 AM)JCMiner Wrote:  

Is there an NFL rule that states universities must play FBS football for X amount of time before being eligible to have a 1st round draft pick?

No but how is it interesting that the teams who have been around the longest have the most picks?
04-13-2017 09:27 AM
Advertisement

JCMiner Offline
All American

(04-13-2017 09:27 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  

No but how is it interesting that the teams who have been around the longest have the most picks?

I personally found it intersting because it seems that some of the newer east programs are ready to split off and separate themselves from the older west teams. Reminds me of the old saying learn how to walk before you run.
04-13-2017 09:31 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(04-13-2017 09:21 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  One of those 7 for Rice was the first player taken in the draft that year. We have also had the first player taken in the MLB draft. Only one school has had the first player taken in the draft in all three major pro sports, NFL, NBA, and MLB. Want to guess?

LSU. Shaq, Jamarcus and Ben McDonald.
04-13-2017 09:31 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(04-13-2017 09:31 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(04-13-2017 09:21 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  One of those 7 for Rice was the first player taken in the draft that year. We have also had the first player taken in the MLB draft. Only one school has had the first player taken in the draft in all three major pro sports, NFL, NBA, and MLB. Want to guess?

My guess was going to be UCLA
04-13-2017 09:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TribeNiner Offline
1st String

I Root For: Niners/WM/Hoyas

I'll guess LSU. Others I'd consider: Michigan, UCLA and NC State.

NVM: just saw the answer
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 09:34 AM by TribeNiner.)
04-13-2017 09:34 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(04-13-2017 09:31 AM)JCMiner Wrote:  

I personally found it intersting because it seems that some of the newer east programs are ready to split off and separate themselves from the older west teams. Reminds me of the old saying learn how to walk before you run.

But splitting has nothing to do with a feeling of superioty over the west which would make this interesting (and is an absolute asinine thought). When you have declining revenues, you look for options to try and cut costs; reorganizing to a bus league is one of those options.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 09:37 AM by Monarchist13.)
04-13-2017 09:35 AM
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

While i am not particularly inclined with the split that some seems to be interested in, that "walk before run" quote is not universally true. Sometimes you've got to hit the ground running, there simply is no time to crawl and walk. You can't compare USM with Charlotte/ODU/UTSA who doesn't have a FB program a decade ago. Are outsiders not judging the conference by the performances put in by the newbies? certainly not. We are in a time where you have to perform immediately if not you'll be held to the same standards as the rest and be laughed at which is happening in the form of lowered perception and reduced revenue etc. Who knows ODU might end up in mediocrity for a while and end up as a liability instead of a contributor but for now that is not the case. This separation issue is whole different thing and is not directly tied to performance as there are bottom feeders in our division too.
04-13-2017 10:24 AM
JCMiner Offline
All American

(04-13-2017 09:35 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(04-13-2017 08:36 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  Not really that interesting. It should be assumed considering the variance in program lengths between the old guard and the new. The new additions include 5 programs that are some of the youngest in FBS. Same goes for east (4 young programs) and west (1 young program).

But splitting has nothing to do with a feeling of superioty over the west which would make this interesting (and is an absolute asinine thought). When you have declining revenues, you look for options to try and cut costs; reorganizing to a bus league is one of those options.
Good things take time to built. It took some of the older programs decades upon decades to finally have some 1st rounders drafted. We've only completed three seasons as a current league and some already want to burn it down.

Several teams are making the necessary investments to improve. The Florida schools should be winning soon with the coaching shires they made. The two new Texas schools have hired both football and basketball coaches and will be better going forward. UTEP is set to announce multi million dollar improvements to the Sun Bowl soon. Kugler and Bailiff seats are hot and without a bowl season will be upgraded. La Tech just gave an extension to Holtz. UAB is planning on building a brand new stadium. UTSA just finished spending a boatload of money with renovations to the Alamodome. UNT has a recently built beautiful stadium.

It seems we are all doing our part to contribute now or in the near future. Instead of returning to the 50's where we used buses to transport teams we should support each other. Both east and west have have a lot of potential to turn this league into an annual contender for the Access bowl and multiple NCAA bids.

As far as revenue goes we still don't know what the new AAC and MW tv contracts will look like. It's safe to assume that an all eastern conference composed of newly turned FBS programs would result in even smaller tv payouts than the current CUSA contract. If you insist on turning the east into a bus league to save a few dollars go ahead I feel safe with our western partners.
04-13-2017 10:29 AM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
[Image: f0d88f482a2d8e2475de6db16d6c08aa.jpg]
04-13-2017 10:43 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators

04-bow Also Billy Cannon, I think.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 11:06 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
04-13-2017 11:05 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(04-13-2017 10:29 AM)JCMiner' Wrote:  Good things take time to built. It took some of the older programs decades upon decades to finally have some 1st rounders drafted. We've only completed three seasons as a current league and some already want to burn it down.

Several teams are making the necessary investments to improve. The Florida schools should be winning soon with the coaching shires they made. The two new Texas schools have hired both football and basketball coaches and will be better going forward. UTEP is set to announce multi million dollar improvements to the Sun Bowl soon. Kugler and Bailiff seats are hot and without a bowl season will be upgraded. La Tech just gave an extension to Holtz. UAB is planning on building a brand new stadium. UTSA just finished spending a boatload of money with renovations to the Alamodome. UNT has a recently built beautiful stadium.

It seems we are all doing our part to contribute now or in the near future. Instead of returning to the 50's where we used buses to transport teams we should support each other. Both east and west have have a lot of potential to turn this league into an annual contender for the Access bowl and multiple NCAA bids.

As far as revenue goes we still don't know what the new AAC and MW tv contracts will look like. It's safe to assume that an all eastern conference composed of newly turned FBS programs would result in even smaller tv payouts than the current CUSA contract. If you insist on turning the east into a bus league to save a few dollars go ahead I feel safe with our western partners.

Hey now, I said it was an option. I didn't say it was the only option. There are lots of things we can do to improve this league. But without a commissioner that thinks out of the box or is willing to take risks, I dont see much changing. The problems we are facing as a league are ever-changing and we need someone to develop a brand new plan of attack to help all the teams. Can Judy be that? I don't know but I doubt it.
04-13-2017 11:51 AM
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(04-13-2017 11:05 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

04-bow Also Billy Cannon, I think.

and Ben Simmons
04-13-2017 12:02 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(04-13-2017 10:29 AM)JCMiner Wrote:  
(04-13-2017 09:16 AM)JCMiner Wrote:  Is there an NFL rule that states universities must play FBS football for X amount of time before being eligible to have a 1st round draft pick?

Good things take time to built. It took some of the older programs decades upon decades to finally have some 1st rounders drafted. We've only completed three seasons as a current league and some already want to burn it down.

You are right Miner. Though some of their naivety of wanting to create a bus league by combining with a inferior conference is just from being newbies.
04-13-2017 12:09 PM
techdawg28 Offline
1st String

(04-13-2017 10:29 AM)JCMiner Wrote:  
(04-13-2017 09:16 AM)JCMiner Wrote:  Is there an NFL rule that states universities must play FBS football for X amount of time before being eligible to have a 1st round draft pick?

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-13-2017 05:00 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(04-12-2017 06:34 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Rice 7
Tech 5
USM 4
Marshall 3
UNT 3
UAB 2
UTEP 2
WKU 1 ***

***going to go ahead had give WKU their first 1st round pick under the assumption that's where Forrest Lamp ends up*** congrats Toppers

http://www.winsipedia.com/ranking/first-...raft-picks

Excuse me.....but where is FAU? This MUST BE A MISTAKE!! 03-lmfao
04-13-2017 08:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.