04-12-2017 06:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

I Root For: Memphis

Donators
RE: Article Blaming Tubby For Everything
Well, when you get paid a lot of money -- and it is a lot of money -- there are expectations that you don't completely burn the business to the ground.
04-12-2017 06:31 AM
Blue Tiger15 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Can you point out where this article is factually wrong?
04-12-2017 06:33 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

Sigh. Today showed such promise.

Okay. Making popcorn.
04-12-2017 06:39 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

University of Memphis graduate Gary Parrish who gives a disproportionate amount of attention to the Memphis Tigers is an idiot & hater and just wants to see the destruction of the University of Memphis basketball program.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 06:41 AM by Latilleon.)
04-12-2017 06:41 AM
boyce Offline
Banned

Orlando demoted an assistant coach who has 4 top 100 talented sons and replaced him with his own son who was a video coordinator at Texas Tech. That alone should tell you everything. Not to mention, the AD and President allowed it to happen. That should tell you they totally deferred to the billionaire booster who chose Smith.
04-12-2017 06:41 AM
Advertisement

Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(04-12-2017 06:41 AM)boyce Wrote:  Orlando demoted an assistant coach who has 4 top 100 talented sons and replaced him with his own son who was a video coordinator at Texas Tech. That alone should tell you everything. Not to mention, the AD and President allowed it to happen. That should tell you they totally deferred to the billionaire booster who chose Smith.

Who chose Tubby and why?
04-12-2017 06:42 AM
boyce Offline
Banned

(04-12-2017 06:42 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  
(04-12-2017 06:41 AM)boyce Wrote:  Orlando demoted an assistant coach who has 4 top 100 talented sons and replaced him with his own son who was a video coordinator at Texas Tech. That alone should tell you everything. Not to mention, the AD and President allowed it to happen. That should tell you they totally deferred to the billionaire booster who chose Smith.

Who chose Tubby and why?

Chief amongst them were Laurie. As to the why...his experience and winning pedigree wherever he's been, although I take issue with that assessment. Stability was sought.
04-12-2017 07:01 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(04-12-2017 07:01 AM)boyce Wrote:  

Who chose Tubby and why?

Chief amongst them were Laurie. As to the why...his experience and winning pedigree wherever he's been, although I take issue with that assessment. Stability was sought.

Did Laurie actually start getting hands on?

If it was Laurie, Laurie has the money to buyout if he was wrong.
04-12-2017 07:10 AM
boyce Offline
Banned

(04-12-2017 07:10 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  

Who chose Tubby and why?

Folks in Laurie's position hardly ever admit they were wrong in these situations. Unfortunately, we're stuck with the current situation for the next 2/3 years.
04-12-2017 07:14 AM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

It's equally ironic that this imbecile has it in for TS and he's driving a hard bargain. Not once, was he critical of JP even after the drastic decline in ticket sales or the dwindling of fan attendance to the games. I sincerely hope the boosters are not influenced by the negative spearheaded campaign this guy has launched. He never once was critical of his best friend JP. He should receive a reprimand for biased and unobjective reporting. How unfair is this article? I guess he conveniently did not notice the program's downward spiral prior to TS's arrival. GP's short-man's complex is on a tear. These distractions are brutal and does not help recruiting efforts at all. #Conspiracy
04-12-2017 07:32 AM
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(04-12-2017 06:28 AM)ADallasTiger Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketb...-one-year/

Article only partially right. It is mostly Olrando's fault for the mess we now see. It is also Bowen fault for not standing up to Orlando and honoring the agreement he made with Keelon.
04-12-2017 07:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
(04-12-2017 07:34 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(04-12-2017 06:28 AM)ADallasTiger Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketb...-one-year/

Article only partially right. It is mostly Olrando's fault for the mess we now see. It is also Bowen fault for not standing up to Orlando and honoring the agreement he made with Keelon.

Tubby Smith has every right to decide who is on his staff, and who is on his roster.

The fact that he chose badly in both cases, with no plan for improvement, is the problem.
04-12-2017 07:37 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Objectively, it is interesting seeing the disasterous effects from just one bad decision (i.e., demotion of Keelon and Saul's elevation). Subjectively, it frustrates me because the opportunity for gaining relevancy quickly has slipped away quite unnecessarily.
04-12-2017 07:41 AM
Chicago23 Offline
Water Engineer

I never thought tubby would destroy our program this fast or do a worst job then that other guy!!!
04-12-2017 07:43 AM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(04-12-2017 07:37 AM)bubbapt Wrote:  

Tubby Smith has every right to decide who is on his staff, and who is on his roster.

The fact that he chose badly in both cases, with no plan for improvement, is the problem.

Agree 100%
04-12-2017 07:46 AM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(04-12-2017 07:14 AM)boyce Wrote:  
(04-12-2017 07:10 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  

Who chose Tubby and why?

Folks in Laurie's position hardly ever admit they were wrong in these situations. Unfortunately, we're stuck with the current situation for the next 2/3 years.

Welcome back
04-12-2017 07:51 AM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

Memphis football has a kid from a NAIA school that is "climbing in the ranks as a DB" according to the CA. And not a bad thing is said by media or fans. Basketball is looking at a kid that might be a D2 player and its the end of the world.
04-12-2017 08:00 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

Who chose Tubby and why?

What were the reason(s) for the importance of stability? Thx.
04-12-2017 08:00 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(04-12-2017 07:37 AM)bubbapt Wrote:  

NOT when one of the stipulations in his hiring is to keep Keelon on as a coach. He had the option to walk away from the deal before making it. He accepted it and then backed out on the deal. So get your nose out of Orlando's rear end. He knew the terms, agreed to them and then went back on the deal.

You people seem to forget that one of the stipulations that Kirk had to abide by was to have Finch on as a member of his staff. Finch was hired as an assistant BEFORE the head coach was hired. Kirk stood by his agreement. Orlando did not.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 08:05 AM by ncrdbl1.)
04-12-2017 08:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.