Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

University Arkansas of Little Rock Doing A Feasibility Study To Add Football
DavidSt Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ATU, P7
University Arkansas of Little Rock Doing A Feasibility Study To Add Football
http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Could...s-52242934

If it goes? Sun Belt Conference will gain a 11th football team in the near future.
04-12-2017 02:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

AZcats Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: stAte, af, zona
RE: University Arkansas of Little Rock Doing A Feasibility Study To Add Football
There has been several threads on this topic. It ain't happenin'. The pigs won't give their blessing and too many people in the state are brainwashed to worship the almighty hog. I'm glad I was cured a long time ago.
04-12-2017 05:05 AM
MplsBison Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
RE: University Arkansas of Little Rock Doing A Feasibility Study To Add Football
Seems like a no-brainer, with support from students and a stadium ready to use. Very similar to U of S Alabama.

And if UALR becomes the Sun Belt's 11th football team ... does that open the door for Missouri St?
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 10:22 AM by MplsBison.)
04-12-2017 10:17 AM
DavidSt Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ATU, P7
I think Little Rock dropped Arkansas from the first part and are known as University of Little Rock. Looks like they are moving away on their own from the people from Fayetteville to be their own like South Alabama did.
04-12-2017 10:31 AM

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(04-12-2017 10:31 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  I think Little Rock dropped Arkansas from the first part and are known as University of Little Rock. Looks like they are moving away on their own from the people from Fayetteville to be their own like South Alabama did.

Mobile and Little Rock both have city owned stadiums where a team can play. Both also are in a conference with an automatic ticket to FBS.

The similarities end there.

USA has its own board. UALR does not. Even worse, UALR's board is controlled by the Univ of Arkansas. Politically, its going to be very difficult for UALR.
04-12-2017 10:41 AM
MplsBison Online
Hall of Famer

But here is one thing to counter that, Tom: Arkansas has been able to deny UALR a football team for decades under the premise that "Arkansas" is their football team ... with the proof being the yearly Little Rock game.

Now that game is in jeopardy.

That could be the --- yes, small --- window of opportunity.
04-12-2017 10:53 AM
ShockerDR Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Wichita, KState
Wouldn't the fact that they've reached a "feasability study" give credence to Arkansas potentially signing off on this?
04-12-2017 11:44 AM

Blue_Trombone Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(04-12-2017 11:44 AM)ShockerDR Wrote:  Wouldn't the fact that they've reached a "feasability study" give credence to Arkansas potentially signing off on this?

Maybe. Could also be a "Well we tried" kinda measure where the actually feasibility study has no chance at all.
04-12-2017 11:59 AM
billybobby777 Offline
Fighting the cartel 5

I Root For: ECU, Army
(04-12-2017 10:53 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  But here is one thing to counter that, Tom: Arkansas has been able to deny UALR a football team for decades under the premise that "Arkansas" is their football team ... with the proof being the yearly Little Rock game.

Now that game is in jeopardy.

That could be the --- yes, small --- window of opportunity.

When I was a kid, I remember Arkansas would play 3 games a year in Little Rock...I hadn't heard the game is in jeopardy now? Please explain?
04-12-2017 12:21 PM
MplsBison Online
Hall of Famer

With big dollar upgrades to the stadium in Fayetteville, which only gets used for football games and sits empty most of the year, and now a yearly game in AT&T Stadium vs Texas A&M, why does the Arkansas football team want to play a yearly "home" game in ho-hum Memorial Stadium?

The current contract only goes through 2018.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 12:46 PM by MplsBison.)
04-12-2017 12:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.