Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Why Should I Care About The Lawsons, Dudes Didn't Even Want To Be Here
Bookmark and Share
nutbushtiger Offline
The Trooper

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Why Should I Care About The Lawsons, Dudes Didn't Even Want To Be Here
Things ain't looking good, but after hearing all the junk today, I wish the Lawsons would have just followed Pastner, we would have been better off in the long run. Why in the hell wouldn't you leave? Guess he didn't want DL to sit out a year thinking he could come back and be a first rounder, guess that didn't work out. I guess I am changing my mind on this one and showing a little support for Tubby, do you realize how damn hard it has to be to reach players that don't even want to be here? If they were as good as they think they are, they wouldn't need an all-star surrounding cast just to be respectable. I'd rather watch Omar Sneed and Jermaine "broken back" Ousley out there hustlin than the Lawsons at this point, maybe they weren't as talented but they were tough. It will all be on Tubby from here on, but I just can't put this one all on him after Pastners last few years, the transfer thing is ingrained into the program right now, a clean slate might be what it takes to put a stop to it. He will have 100% his recruits the next two years and thats what I will judge him on, the end results over the next 2 seasons. Blast Away
04-10-2017 05:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigBlueTiger901 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Why Should I Care About The Lawsons, Dudes Didn't Even Want To Be Here
(04-10-2017 05:46 PM)nutbushtiger Wrote:  Things ain't looking good, but after hearing all the junk today, I wish the Lawsons would have just followed Pastner, we would have been better off in the long run. Why in the hell wouldn't you leave? Guess he didn't want DL to sit out a year thinking he could come back and be a first rounder, guess that didn't work out. I guess I am changing my mind on this one and showing a little support for Tubby, do you realize how damn hard it has to be to reach players that don't even want to be here? If they were as good as they think they are, they wouldn't need an all-star surrounding cast just to be respectable. I'd rather watch Omar Sneed and Jermaine "broken back" Ousley out there hustlin than the Lawsons at this point, maybe they weren't as talented but they were tough. It will all be on Tubby from here on, but I just can't put this one all on him after Pastners last few years, the transfer thing is ingrained into the program right now, a clean slate might be what it takes to put a stop to it. He will have 100% his recruits the next two years and thats what I will judge him on, the end results over the next 2 seasons. Blast Away

This move makes zero sense for their careers. Dedric will be 21 years old before he plays again and won't improve his stock much because of athletic limitations. KJ will be 23 or 24 by the time he's draft eligible - depending on whether or not he seeks a 6th year of eligibility. That all but eliminates him from having a NBA career. So 1 of 2 things happened:

1 - they care more about a giant two fingers up more than they did their long term interests

2 - they realized they may be European players and decided hey let's try and win a title first.
04-10-2017 05:53 PM
nutbushtiger Offline
The Trooper

(04-10-2017 05:53 PM)BigBlueTiger901 Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 05:46 PM)nutbushtiger Wrote:  Things ain't looking good, but after hearing all the junk today, I wish the Lawsons would have just followed Pastner, we would have been better off in the long run. Why in the hell wouldn't you leave? Guess he didn't want DL to sit out a year thinking he could come back and be a first rounder, guess that didn't work out. I guess I am changing my mind on this one and showing a little support for Tubby, do you realize how damn hard it has to be to reach players that don't even want to be here? If they were as good as they think they are, they wouldn't need an all-star surrounding cast just to be respectable. I'd rather watch Omar Sneed and Jermaine "broken back" Ousley out there hustlin than the Lawsons at this point, maybe they weren't as talented but they were tough. It will all be on Tubby from here on, but I just can't put this one all on him after Pastners last few years, the transfer thing is ingrained into the program right now, a clean slate might be what it takes to put a stop to it. He will have 100% his recruits the next two years and thats what I will judge him on, the end results over the next 2 seasons. Blast Away

This move makes zero sense for their careers. Dedric will be 21 years old before he plays again and won't improve his stock much because of athletic limitations. KJ will be 23 or 24 by the time he's draft eligible - depending on whether or not he seeks a 6th year of eligibility. That all but eliminates him from having a NBA career. So 1 of 2 things happened:

1 - they care more about a giant two fingers up more than they did their long term interests

2 - they realized they may be European players and decided hey let's try and win a title first.

If either makes an NBA roster I will eat my shorts.
04-10-2017 05:58 PM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
Who cares if they make NBA?

I don't care if King Tut makes the NBA, just hope he can average 10 and 10 one day.
04-10-2017 06:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hoots Offline
1st String

Transferring to Kansas is a "sexy" move more than anything. What difference it will make in the long term of their careers remains to be seen, but I'd be shocked if anything major comes of it. I don't wish them any ill will, and I'll be paying attention, but whatever happens happens.
04-10-2017 06:03 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
They transferred because dad was lied to by the administration -- demoted and ostracized by the coach that refuses to recruit. That is why he said he almost left before this past season.-----All that being said---they are now simply WHO'S.
04-10-2017 06:03 PM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
It's not really about them any more...Why are we pointing at any of 'thems' that left .

It's more how good talent didn't thrive here--- had to leave. Tubby didn't want them on the team, never mind their dad. That's what it looks like anyway.

Because if he did want that caliber of player, he wouldn't be going after JUCOs and D2s.

the end.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 06:09 PM by snowtiger.)
04-10-2017 06:05 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

04-cheers
04-10-2017 06:06 PM
airric2255 Offline
Special Teams

(04-10-2017 06:06 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  

04-cheers

In two years, this regime very well could be over.
04-10-2017 06:09 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(04-10-2017 06:09 PM)airric2255 Wrote:  

04-cheers

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-hissyfit03-banghead
04-10-2017 06:10 PM
Steve davis Offline
1st String

(04-10-2017 06:10 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  

04-cheers

04-chairshot03-weeping04-jawdrop Bye! Drops the mic!!!!!!! Geeezze!
04-10-2017 06:12 PM
Advertisement

airric2255 Offline
Special Teams

04-cheers

We'll see... I will be happy as hell to be wrong. FACT.
04-10-2017 06:13 PM
nutbushtiger Offline
The Trooper

04-cheers

I agree 100%
04-10-2017 06:14 PM
Steve davis Offline
1st String

(04-10-2017 06:12 PM)Steve davis Wrote:  

04-cheers

And that will not be good!03-puke
04-10-2017 06:14 PM
airric2255 Offline
Special Teams

(04-10-2017 06:14 PM)Steve davis Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 06:12 PM)Steve davis Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 06:06 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  04-cheers

And that will not be good!03-puke

Heck no it won't as we'll be starting over... again!
04-10-2017 06:21 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

04-cheers

Sadly so will the program.
04-10-2017 06:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(04-10-2017 06:03 PM)Hoots Wrote:  Transferring to Kansas is a "sexy" move more than anything. What difference it will make in the long term of their careers remains to be seen, but I'd be shocked if anything major comes of it. I don't wish them any ill will, and I'll be paying attention, but whatever happens happens.

Well, for starters they will probably get to play in the NCAA tournament and have a good chance to see the second weekend.
04-10-2017 07:09 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(04-10-2017 07:09 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 06:03 PM)Hoots Wrote:  Transferring to Kansas is a "sexy" move more than anything. What difference it will make in the long term of their careers remains to be seen, but I'd be shocked if anything major comes of it. I don't wish them any ill will, and I'll be paying attention, but whatever happens happens.

Well, for starters they will probably get to play in the NCAA tournament and have a good chance to see the second weekend.

Well, that's far beyond where Pastner took the team. Couldn't extend beyond the 1st round and received a huge payday for consecutive seasons of mediocrity.
04-10-2017 07:18 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(04-10-2017 07:18 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  

Well, that's far beyond where Pastner took the team. Couldn't extend beyond the 1st round and received a huge payday for consecutive seasons of mediocrity.

Pastner turned out to be a bad hire.

Tubby waited until year 2 to burn the program to the ground.

Horrible time to be a Tiger bb fan.

3 freshmen and a boatload of late period Jucos? WTF kind of rebuild is that?

I suppose all the planets could align and we could make the NCAA tournament next year but the more likely scenario is another shitshow.
04-10-2017 07:32 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(04-10-2017 07:32 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 07:18 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  

Pastner turned out to be a bad hire.

Tubby waited until year 2 to burn the program to the ground.

Horrible time to be a Tiger bb fan.

3 freshmen and a boatload of late period Jucos? WTF kind of rebuild is that?

I suppose all the planets could align and we could make the NCAA tournament next year but the more likely scenario is another shitshow.

All the former players are asking everyone to give Tubby a chance.
04-10-2017 07:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.