Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

At what point is one considered trans?
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
At what point is one considered trans?
When you feel like you are the opposite sex?

When you begin transitioning?

After surgery?

I bring this up because of this article, about a "Transgender" athlete who (surprise) beat all the physical girls in her first track meet as a girl...

http://www.courant.com/sports/high-schoo...story.html

...but here's the catch. Andraya has not yet begun process toward sex reassignment surgery. She has not begun taking puberty/hormone blockers. Andraya is - physically - a boy competing against girls.

Is that fair to the girls? And if so, why even separate girls and boys athletics?
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2017 05:41 PM by Chappy.)
04-07-2017 05:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: At what point is one considered trans?
(04-07-2017 05:41 PM)Chappy Wrote:  When you feel like you are the opposite sex?

After surgery?

I bring this up because of this article, about a "Transgender" athlete who (surprise) beat all the physical girls in her first track meet as a girl...

...but here's the catch. Andraya has not yet begun process toward sex reassignment surgery. She has not begun taking puberty/hormone blockers. Andraya is - physically - a boy competing against girls.

Is that fair to the girls? And if so, why even separate girls and boys athletics?

For purposes of competition, I think that a doctors note, from a licensed medical doctor (including a medical psychologist with a Medical Degree) that the person is Transgender as a permanent state of affairs should suffice.

From a practical perspective, boys are not going to claim another gender in order to 'win' unfairly.
04-07-2017 05:51 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(04-07-2017 05:51 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  From a practical perspective, boys are not going to claim another gender in order to 'win' unfairly.

I agree Tom, but even if that is not their intent, if they have not transitioned at all they do have an unfair advantage, don't they?
04-07-2017 05:55 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
You're never trans. Just suffering from a mental disorder and should be treated by a legitimate professional, not these quacks physically altering a persons body instead of treating the mental problem.
04-07-2017 06:00 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(04-07-2017 05:51 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 05:41 PM)Chappy Wrote:  When you feel like you are the opposite sex?

After surgery?

For purposes of competition, I think that a doctors note, from a licensed medical doctor (including a medical psychologist with a Medical Degree) that the person is Transgender as a permanent state of affairs should suffice.

From a practical perspective, boys are not going to claim another gender in order to 'win' unfairly.

So you think they should have a note from a doctor to compete, but should be allowed to shower and pee with the opposite sex if they "feel" like it?
04-07-2017 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(04-07-2017 06:00 PM)Paul M Wrote:  You're never trans. Just suffering from a mental disorder and should be treated by a legitimate professional, not these quacks physically altering a persons body instead of treating the mental problem.
+1...Well said
04-07-2017 06:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
When you have an ear worm for this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voufbcx2nRI
04-07-2017 06:23 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(04-07-2017 05:51 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  For purposes of competition, I think that a doctors note, from a licensed medical doctor (including a medical psychologist with a Medical Degree) that the person is Transgender as a permanent state of affairs should suffice.

If all you need is a note and you can get a 200K educational experience for free you can bet your bottom dollar someone will.

It would not be a mass thing, but it would only take a few to undermine everything title IX has accomplished.
04-07-2017 07:18 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
Here's the thing... There is an inherent advantage fo having a male anatomy"

"With family, friends and teammates cheering her on at her first high school track meet, Andraya won the girls 100- and 200-meter dashes, and helped her 4x100-meter relay team take second place. She ran 11.99 seconds in the 100 and 26.34 in the 200."

For the reference... This is a *Freshman* putting up 100 times twi seconds faster than the highest rated seniors in the state.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/D...2&Event=19

think about it... If the stats are true there are about 55K trans kids graduating who can now compete in womens track. There are only 12,000 womens D1 track scholarships.
04-07-2017 07:42 PM
LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
When you can no longer **** yourself.
04-07-2017 07:43 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(04-07-2017 05:51 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  For purposes of competition, I think that a doctors note, from a licensed medical doctor (including a medical psychologist with a Medical Degree) that the person is Transgender as a permanent state of affairs should suffice.

If a doctor's note suffices, then Lauren Southern is trans. I must say, he's quite a handsome, young man.

04-07-2017 07:59 PM
Advertisement

dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-07-2017 07:59 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

If a doctor's note suffices, then Lauren Southern is trans. I must say, he's quite a handsome, young man.

Slippery slope my friend.
04-07-2017 08:45 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
Trannies vs real females is the current SJW train wreck to watch. It's going to be beautiful.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
04-07-2017 08:59 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(04-07-2017 06:00 PM)Paul M Wrote:  You're never trans. Just suffering from a mental disorder and should be treated by a legitimate professional, not these quacks physically altering a persons body instead of treating the mental problem.

250,000 practicing and degreed medical professionals in the USA agree with me. Your side, claims 500, but I suspect the number is closer to 100.

So for every medical professional that agrees with you...500-2500 agree with me.
04-08-2017 01:56 AM
Stick4489 Offline
Gaseous Clay

I Root For: The Herd

CrappiesCrappies
(04-08-2017 01:56 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

250,000 practicing and degreed medical professionals in the USA agree with me. Your side, claims 500, but I suspect the number is closer to 100.

So for every medical professional that agrees with you...500-2500 agree with me.

Poppycock.
04-08-2017 07:51 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Silly Tom, nobody really agrees with you. Actually they don't agree with you. You agree with some of their findings.
04-08-2017 07:57 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

I came to the same conclusion long ago and see no evidence to make me change that view.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 08:35 AM by Fo Shizzle.)
04-08-2017 08:35 AM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU

social pressure from the SJW mobs more than anything.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
04-08-2017 08:44 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU

Let me clear an apparent misunderstanding up.

I don't give a flying **** how many quacks are out there mutilating perfectly healthy physical bodies because of a mental disorder.

Your post was pure bs anyway. You're just quoting membership of two groups. APA, 250,000 and one of the smaller orgs you don't like. You can fill in the name. Membership is by individuals, not sheep. They don't all agree with every stand the APA takes. You and whatever percentage of the APA prefer to be wrong are free to be wrong. Just a shame that their right to be wrong leads to unnecessary body mutilation. Should be criminal.

No matter how many hormones are given nor how extensive the mutilation, one can NOT change their sex. And all the wasted effort and expense does nothing to address the mental disorder. YOU AREN'T HELPING PEOPLE.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 09:18 AM by Paul M.)
04-08-2017 09:17 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(04-08-2017 09:17 AM)Paul M Wrote:  

Let me clear an apparent misunderstanding up.

I don't give a flying **** how many quacks are out there mutilating perfectly healthy physical bodies because of a mental disorder.

Your post was pure bs anyway. You're just quoting membership of two groups. APA, 250,000 and one of the smaller orgs you don't like. You can fill in the name. Membership is by individuals, not sheep. They don't all agree with every stand the APA takes. You and whatever percentage of the APA prefer to be wrong are free to be wrong. Just a shame that their right to be wrong leads to unnecessary body mutilation. Should be criminal.

No matter how many hormones are given nor how extensive the mutilation, one can NOT change their sex. And all the wasted effort and expense does nothing to address the mental disorder. YOU AREN'T HELPING PEOPLE.
Ding ding ding ding.

Just cause I feel like a Miller Lite doesn't make me a bottle of tasty beer.
04-08-2017 09:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.