Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Open Practice at Elder
Bookmark and Share
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Open Practice at Elder
Anyone going today? I coach youth soccer and have a game today so I can't make it. Can someone give a full report if they go?

04-01-2017 06:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
RE: Open Practice at Elder
We have to different kids birthday parties or else I'd be checking this out. I think it's a great idea.

04-01-2017 06:54 AM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Any takeaways from the scrimmage?

04-01-2017 11:19 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
In the highlights I saw the crowd looked pretty sparse. Which is disappointing.

04-02-2017 07:08 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(04-02-2017 07:08 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  In the highlights I saw the crowd looked pretty sparse. Which is disappointing.

How would normal fans have known?

Email?
Radio?
Was it in the bird cage liner that no one gets anymore?

04-02-2017 08:09 AM
KCat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(04-02-2017 08:09 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 07:08 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  In the highlights I saw the crowd looked pretty sparse. Which is disappointing.

Email?
Radio?

04-02-2017 09:24 AM
Advertisement

KCat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Email?
Radio?

===============================================================================

I agree... There was nothing on Go Bearcats,, there was nothing put out by the Football Office about this..

I was thinking about going,, but I was not sure that it was open to the public...

04-02-2017 09:26 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
They said attendance of about 2,000 I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

04-02-2017 09:27 AM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
It was a shame that it was not well publicized but I am glad they did it. Maybe it was a last minute offer and decision to go? Sucks that the weather was crappy or the turnout of Westsiders probably wouldve been better.

Hoping they do one on the eastside (McNick/Anderson?) and Northside of town (Moe/Mason?) and would love to see them reach up into Dayton (Alter?) and into NKY (Gino might have ties to Highlands facilities).

I'd even consider reaching all the way up into Fickell's old hometown and try and hold a practice in suburban CBus...(maybe de Sales) I'm not sure Fickell would want to provoke Meyer's ire and it would poke the Buckeye fans in the eye to do it but who cares. tOSU hosted a spring game down here...turnabout is fair play.

04-02-2017 09:38 AM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

(04-02-2017 09:38 AM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  It was a shame that it was not well publicized but I am glad they did it. Maybe it was a last minute offer and decision to go? Sucks that the weather was crappy or the turnout of Westsiders probably wouldve been better.

Hoping they do one on the eastside (McNick/Anderson?) and Northside of town (Moe/Mason?) and would love to see them reach up into Dayton (Alter?) and into NKY (Gino might have ties to Highlands facilities).

I'd even consider reaching all the way up into Fickell's old hometown and try and hold a practice in suburban CBus...(maybe de Sales) I'm not sure Fickell would want to provoke Meyer's ire and it would poke the Buckeye fans in the eye to do it but who cares. tOSU hosted a spring game down here...turnabout is fair play.

I think Elder was the backup choice because La Salle wasn't available, so maybe this was last minute. On the radio coach explained that he wanted to go on the road and practice because they spend the entire month of September playing road games.

04-02-2017 09:52 AM
Bearcat1010 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(04-02-2017 09:26 AM)KCat Wrote:  How would normal fans have known?

Email?
Radio?

I agree... There was nothing on Go Bearcats,, there was nothing put out by the Football Office about this..

I was thinking about going,, but I was not sure that it was open to the public...

This was just a practice. The target audience was local coaches, local players, and fans who are interested in the program beyond the most basic level.

It was promoted via all the usual Bearcat social media outlets.
All the targeted recruits pushed the tweets and commented on the event.
There was an article in the Enquirer before the event.
It was discussed on this very board.
It was even mentioned last month on the OSU boards because of the Fickell connection.

It doesn't look like there were any add buys for this but I would not expect them to spend any money on that for a practice.

Should they have sent emails to all the donors and boosters? Probably? Would those same people be on this board today complaining about the parking/weather/food concessions/PA announcer/seating/etc? Definitely!

It was a practice that is significantly lower exposure than the spring game. If this had been heavily promoted and the turnout massive how many of those fans would have walked away unimpressed? Use the marketing to get people to the spring game which is more fan friendly for viewing and marketing the program.

04-02-2017 10:25 AM
Advertisement

marcuscan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats + UF
(04-02-2017 10:25 AM)Bearcat1010 Wrote:  

Email?
Radio?

This was just a practice. The target audience was local coaches, local players, and fans who are interested in the program beyond the most basic level.

It was even mentioned last month on the OSU boards because of the Fickell connection.

It doesn't look like there were any add buys for this but I would not expect them to spend any money on that for a practice.

Should they have sent emails to all the donors and boosters? Probably? Would those same people be on this board today complaining about the parking/weather/food concessions/PA announcer/seating/etc? Definitely!

It was a practice that is significantly lower exposure than the spring game. If this had been heavily promoted and the turnout massive how many of those fans would have walked away unimpressed? Use the marketing to get people to the spring game which is more fan friendly for viewing and marketing the program.

All of this.

There was plenty mention of this. No need to advertise this as it's only an open practice. come if you're really interested. they got some recruits and signees from the c/o2017. Seems to me it was mission accomplished for what it was supposed to be.

mc

04-02-2017 11:22 AM
bearcat72 Offline
2nd String

Marcus Freeman from Huber Heights Wayne would make that the obvious choice for the Dayton area. Wayne is probably the dominant Ohio Div. 1 program in the Miami Valley.

04-02-2017 12:47 PM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

(04-02-2017 10:25 AM)Bearcat1010 Wrote:  

Email?
Radio?

Speaking of which, I can't recall seeing any promotion of the spring game yet. Hopefully they ramp up these next two weeks.

04-02-2017 02:24 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Heard there will be a fish fry at the Spring Game. They really could have had huge attendance if they would have marketed this better. This community loves a good fish fry.

Too bad I will be out of town that weekend.

04-02-2017 02:29 PM
MercerCo_BearCat Offline
2nd String

(04-02-2017 02:29 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Heard there will be a fish fry at the Spring Game. They really could have had huge attendance if they would have marketed this better. This community loves a good fish fry.

It's also good Friday. I don't normally go to mass on good friday and will be there, but there will many who do

04-02-2017 02:32 PM
Advertisement

AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(04-02-2017 12:47 PM)bearcat72 Wrote:  Marcus Freeman from Huber Heights Wayne would make that the obvious choice for the Dayton area. Wayne is probably the dominant Ohio Div. 1 program in the Miami Valley.

Yes please. I live a mile from Wayne HS.

04-02-2017 07:32 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-02-2017 02:29 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Heard there will be a fish fry at the Spring Game. They really could have had huge attendance if they would have marketed this better. This community loves a good fish fry.

If that is true, it is a FANTASTIC idea.

04-02-2017 07:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crex043 Offline
All American

(04-02-2017 10:25 AM)Bearcat1010 Wrote:  Should they have sent emails to all the donors and boosters? Probably? Would those same people be on this board today complaining about the parking/weather/food concessions/PA announcer/seating/etc? Definitely!

They absolutely would have. I've seen some of the stuff these snowflakes have been posting about how terrible the premium food selection is up in the club seats. I'm sure the West Side location, along lack of valet parking and the requirement to sit in the concrete bowl at the Pit with the rest of the common folk was a big turnoff to many of the big-time complainers on this board.

04-03-2017 05:19 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(04-03-2017 05:19 AM)crex043 Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 10:25 AM)Bearcat1010 Wrote:  Should they have sent emails to all the donors and boosters? Probably? Would those same people be on this board today complaining about the parking/weather/food concessions/PA announcer/seating/etc? Definitely!

They absolutely would have. I've seen some of the stuff these snowflakes have been posting about how terrible the premium food selection is up in the club seats. I'm sure the West Side location, along lack of valet parking and the requirement to sit in the concrete bowl at the Pit with the rest of the common folk was a big turnoff to many of the big-time complainers on this board.

Some of that is true. Having spent my high school years living in the area I knew to not drive and park on the street a luxury car. The areas are the stadium are quite lower class.

There is a Skyline nearby but the Original Skyline I frequented was replaced.

The Pit is the HS equivalent of Wrigley or Nippert so the hardships are worth a visit.

04-03-2017 06:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.