Printz Transferring?
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Printz Transferring?
Saw this tweet today:

Quote:SEU Women's B-Ball @SEUFireWBB 9h

Big time Commit Coming from the MAC Champion Toledo Rockets...Welcome to the #Firefamily 5'11 G Halee Printz!!

Southeastern is an NAIA school in FLA. Seems to have a nationally ranked WBB program.

Hate to see her go, as she made some meaningful contributions this year at times, and has a great BB IQ. But it's not surprising with 3 highly touted guards coming in that someone was going to be the odd player out. If this is true, good luck to Halee.

On the other hand, this would open up a slot for another big? Any good JUCO or International players out there without a home yet?
03-30-2017 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: Printz Transferring?
(03-30-2017 07:44 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Saw this tweet today:

Big time Commit Coming from the MAC Champion Toledo Rockets...Welcome to the #Firefamily 5'11 G Halee Printz!!

Southeastern is an NAIA school in FLA. Seems to have a nationally ranked WBB program.

Hate to see her go, as she made some meaningful contributions this year at times, and has a great BB IQ. But it's not surprising with 3 highly touted guards coming in that someone was going to be the odd player out. If this is true, good luck to Halee.

On the other hand, this would open up a slot for another big? Any good JUCO or International players out there without a home yet?

Printz was making progress-I always thought she tried to be a little to cute with some passes but she was hard nosed and had a couple nice games shooting from three. Good luck, Halee.
03-30-2017 08:00 AM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-30-2017 07:44 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Saw this tweet today:

She never really lived up to her potential here. Maybe a lower level will be the right fit.
03-30-2017 08:03 AM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
This transfer makes sense from Halee's point of view. It was only going to get more difficult to get playing time at her position. She worked hard for the Rockets in her two years here, and she made some contributions on the court. I hope she has great success at the DII level. I agree with northcoast that the coaching staff should now be focused solely on getting another player who can play the 4 and 5 positions. As deep as next year's team should be, we could use some help at those positions.
03-30-2017 02:14 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
I imagine that she wants more floor time than she would realistic see at Toledo so I fully understand her motivation. She was definitely a role player here, usually with limited floor time, but she did have her moments. I am fully convinced that the Rockets would have never defeated CMU at Savage this year without her coming off the bench and lighting it up with 4 for 4 from three point land. I wish her well and hope that they can recruit a player at least as good and hopefully even better using her scholarship.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2017 10:22 PM by T-Town.)
03-30-2017 10:20 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Losing a recruit from one of Ohio's best programs, Tipp City, is never good.

What is the advantage to the player to move of their own choice to a program that far from home, lower division, less exposure to higher competition? If pro-ball is the goal, is hopefully more playing time at this program the better bet than bench time at UToledo? Seems far fetched. Does this NAIA program have that kind of exposure? Photos of their campus look pretty cool.

Wish her all the best.
03-31-2017 05:43 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Faith-based education. Largest Assemblies of God University/College in the US. Enrollment about 4,500.
03-31-2017 09:26 AM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-31-2017 05:43 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Losing a recruit from one of Ohio's best programs, Tipp City, is never good.

What is the advantage to the player to move of their own choice to a program that far from home, lower division, less exposure to higher competition? If pro-ball is the goal, is hopefully more playing time at this program the better bet than bench time at UToledo? Seems far fetched. Does this NAIA program have that kind of exposure? Photos of their campus look pretty cool.

Wish her all the best.

Pro Ball?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
03-31-2017 10:13 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-31-2017 10:13 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(03-31-2017 05:43 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Losing a recruit from one of Ohio's best programs, Tipp City, is never good.

Wish her all the best.

Don't quite a few of these players land overseas making a living playing ball?

Unless a player's scholarship was being threatened, what other advantage would there be for a women to transfer to a lower level just for "playing time" if it doesn't have either an educational or professional upside?

For someone from Ohio, what advantage would a SEF degree have over a UToledo degree?
03-31-2017 10:20 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I only know of three Rockets in recent years who played overseas: Goodell, Shafir and Inma and, obviously, two lived overseas where they played. Not sure if Dola played pro or not but I can't think of any others that would be good enough or look to that as a career. Athletes want to play. The degree from Fla is the same degree as here but sitting for two years is tough to do.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 10:57 AM by H2Oville Rocket.)
03-31-2017 10:54 AM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
(03-31-2017 10:20 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  

Wish her all the best.

Unless a player's scholarship was being threatened, what other advantage would there be for a women to transfer to a lower level just for "playing time" if it doesn't have either an educational or professional upside?

For someone from Ohio, what advantage would a SEF degree have over a UToledo degree?

Florida Sunshine........ 03-cool
03-31-2017 11:56 AM
Advertisement

FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

(03-31-2017 11:56 AM)Terry Wrote:  
(03-31-2017 10:20 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  

Wish her all the best.

Florida Sunshine........ 03-cool
She wants to play basketball now, if she would have stayed at UT, her time would have got to zero. Had high hopes for her, but, she never seemed to get better.
03-31-2017 12:46 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

BTW, Dortch did play in Russia for a team from Minsk.
03-31-2017 02:11 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-31-2017 02:11 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  BTW, Dortch did play in Russia for a team from Minsk.

Yep, and Brea Harris is still playing (I think) for a team in the Canary Islands (Spanish League). Also, everyone forgets (expectedly) Ana Sonka who played for several years in Latvia.

But yes, very few college athletes of any sport are in it expecting to turn pro. WBB is especially true, because there just aren't that many good opportunities, and the pay is peanuts in most leagues.

They want to play while they can, and get their education paid for. Printz could get way more minutes, at the same time playing for a team that finished #5 in the country in the NAIA rankings. And the FLA sunshine, as was mentioned above.
03-31-2017 04:19 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(03-31-2017 12:46 PM)FrickerRon Wrote:  She wants to play basketball now, if she would have stayed at UT, her time would have got to zero. Had high hopes for her, but, she never seemed to get better.

I had really high hopes for Printz after watching her play her freshman season. Was surprised to see her spend so much time on the bench her sophomore season, I think the other true freshman (not Santucci) played more than Printz.
03-31-2017 10:45 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-31-2017 10:45 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(03-31-2017 12:46 PM)FrickerRon Wrote:  She wants to play basketball now, if she would have stayed at UT, her time would have got to zero. Had high hopes for her, but, she never seemed to get better.

I had really high hopes for Printz after watching her play her freshman season. Was surprised to see her spend so much time on the bench her sophomore season, I think the other true freshman (not Santucci) played more than Printz.

Printz averaged 14 minutes a game this season, most of any player outside the top 5 - slightly more than Cunningham even. She and St. Fort were the only 2 bench players to play every game. She didn't score a lot, but had the highest assist-to-turnover ratio on the team - a very impressive 2.5.
04-01-2017 02:10 AM
Advertisement

T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-01-2017 02:10 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  

Printz averaged 14 minutes a game this season, most of any player outside the top 5 - slightly more than Cunningham even. She and St. Fort were the only 2 bench players to play every game. She didn't score a lot, but had the highest assist-to-turnover ratio on the team - a very impressive 2.5.

There is no doubt that Printz contributed to the overall success of the program. I suspect that a lot of her assists came on getting the ball inside to McIntyre which she was adept at doing. Still she was a role player not a star and the extent to which the program may or may not be hurt by her departure will depend largely on who the staff decides to recruit to fill her scholarship.
04-01-2017 08:13 AM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-01-2017 02:10 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  

I thought she was going to be an all-freshman type of recruit. The only more puzzling recent recruit is Michaela Rasmussen. She has great size, and early in her freshman year had 19/8 against Virginia and made the FIU Classic all-tournament team. She has completely disappeared since then.
04-01-2017 08:16 AM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:

Wish her all the best.

Pro Ball---many are called (i.e., aspire), but few are chosen.
04-01-2017 08:16 AM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

(03-31-2017 02:11 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  BTW, Dortch did play in Russia for a team from Minsk.

Minsk is not in Russia... 05-duck
04-03-2017 11:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.