Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Senderoff to Dayton?
Bookmark and Share
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
Senderoff to Dayton?
The Record Pub and Herosports.com report that Senderoff is a candidate for the Dayton job. I doubt it's serious.

But just imagine this - Senderoff takes the job at Dayton, which was 1st in the Atlantic 10 this year, and Dambrot takes a job at the A-10's last place team in Duquense. I guess winning the MAC this year meant something
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2017 11:00 AM by Slinkin Street Flash.)
03-27-2017 09:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
RE: Senderhoff to Dayton?
(03-27-2017 09:16 PM)Slinkin Street Flash Wrote:  The Record Pub and Herosports.com report that Senderoff is a candidate for the Dayton job. I doubt it's serious.

But just imagine this - Senderhoff takes the job at Dayton, which was 1st in the Atlantic 10 this year, and Dambrot takes a job at the A-10's last place team in Duquense. I guess winning the MAC this year meant something

I miss the days when losing a coach was the result of winning an NCAA Tourney game.
03-27-2017 09:56 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(03-27-2017 09:56 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  
(03-27-2017 09:16 PM)Slinkin Street Flash Wrote:  The Record Pub and Herosports.com report that Senderoff is a candidate for the Dayton job. I doubt it's serious.

But just imagine this - Senderhoff takes the job at Dayton, which was 1st in the Atlantic 10 this year, and Dambrot takes a job at the A-10's last place team in Duquense. I guess winning the MAC this year meant something

I miss the days when losing a coach was the result of winning an NCAA Tourney game.

Rob isn't going to Dayton.
03-27-2017 09:57 PM
Muskrat Offline
Bench Warmer

Even more certain than rain and crocuses in the spring is mid-major coaches who had some recent successes being mentioned as possible candidates for better jobs. Just a couple of months ago there was talk of Senderoff's job here being in jeopardy (even though it wasn't). and now comes the first rumor of his moving up. That turnaround is even more stark than was the basketball team's!!
03-28-2017 07:12 AM

ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I'm surprised his name hasn't come up sooner for some other jobs. I guess nothing was quite the right fit or step up.

Lets be honest the MAC is continuing to decline basketball wise and any of the 12 coaches would jump at almost all opportunities to move up the conference ladder. Cant blame them when resources are paper thin as we continue to throw $$ at football.

I like to understand what if anything the conference commish has done for basketball. crickets....
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2017 09:49 AM by ksu315.)
03-28-2017 09:48 AM
burden Offline
All American

I Root For:
I think money in general is thin. I'm not sure it's all due to overspending on football.
There are other signs. Ten years ago, I think if our women's team had a season like they did a home WNIT game would have happened. The gymnastics team has been caught by the rest of the league. I doubt other MAC teams decided to pour money into gymnastics. It more than likely is because we have backed off a bit. Luckily the golf teams and maybe baseball are in better shape due to more endowments but I think all the other sports our operating on a thread including football. Those 1000000 dollar pay days only get football to a minimum level.
03-28-2017 10:19 AM
Kentville Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Dayton students and alumni would blow a gasket if they hired Senderoff. They're expecting someone with high major ties.
03-28-2017 03:50 PM

OLNWFLSH Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: KSU
(03-28-2017 10:19 AM)burden Wrote:  I think money in general is thin. I'm not sure it's all due to overspending on football.
There are other signs. Ten years ago, I think if our women's team had a season like they did a home WNIT game would have happened. The gymnastics team has been caught by the rest of the league. I doubt other MAC teams decided to pour money into gymnastics. It more than likely is because we have backed off a bit. Luckily the golf teams and maybe baseball are in better shape due to more endowments but I think all the other sports our operating on a thread including football. Those 1000000 dollar pay days only get football to a minimum level.

Agree the dollars are an issue - lets face it most MAC schools were built up to meet the needs of us baby boomers. Schools built up curricula, hired faculty and expanded sports in response to Title 9. Look at the size of OUs Convo and other facilities built in the 70s for example. Now the Rust Belt has an ageing population, declining overall high school graduations, along with high school consolidations (look no further than Akron) and the states are not likely to increase but will only decrease support. Heck Illinois hasn't even had an approved state budget in a couple of years and I understand from friends things are uncertain at places like Western Illinois. It obviously doesn't help to lose money on football
03-28-2017 05:00 PM
fallsdog Offline
1st String

Kentville....and they probably deserve it. That may be ohio's premiere program over the last few years
03-28-2017 06:05 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-28-2017 06:05 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  Kentville....and they probably deserve it. That may be ohio's premiere program over the last few years

I'd say Xavier, but UD did have that run last year?

No way they hire Sendy now, though, I agree.
03-28-2017 06:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.