ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: UVA Transfer Reuter
Who are they?
What sport do they play?
What position do they play?
What year are they at in school?
How were they rated coming out of high school?
Where are they from?
03-22-2017 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
http://www.roanoke.com/sports/uva/report...9c54e.html

Quote:Reuter, a 6-foot-7, 245-pounder from Marion, Mass., did not start a game over his UVa tenure and was 10th on the team in playing time this past season. Reuter averaged 3.8 points and 2.2 rebounds this past season, with a high of 14 points in a November game against Iowa.

No disrespect, but I'm (maybe foolishly) hoping that we can do better. (Sounds like Denzell Taylor minus the rebounds).
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 04:06 PM by ODUBB35.)
03-22-2017 03:48 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

Unless the coaching staff sees something special, I don't see the point. If we just need a body to fill some non-critical minutes, I'd rather take on a freshman and bring them up through our system.
03-22-2017 04:00 PM
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

Reuter is OK....not great....not terrible. Of course, he's playing against ACC competition, so its a tougher field....but, I was never impressed watching his play.
03-23-2017 09:03 AM
BigBlue23 Offline
2nd String

(03-22-2017 02:56 PM)ConradODU10 Wrote:  Pursue, or nah?

Run as fast as we can away from this. I posted similar thoughts about this when we got BJ so I will state it again.

You can not build a program with transfers. It is a stop gap measure and it can distract fans from what is really going on in the program. Do not mistake this for me saying you can't win for a season or two (Ga State recently and most low majors in general), but you do not build long term successful programs with transfers.
03-23-2017 09:49 AM
Advertisement

757ODU Offline
All American

(03-23-2017 09:49 AM)BigBlue23 Wrote:  

Run as fast as we can away from this. I posted similar thoughts about this when we got BJ so I will state it again.

You can not build a program with transfers. It is a stop gap measure and it can distract fans from what is really going on in the program. Do not mistake this for me saying you can't win for a season or two (Ga State recently and most low majors in general), but you do not build long term successful programs with transfers.

Bingo

We have good core of recruited players, but we need more depth. Go after a freshman big man. At this point, I feel like I am begging.
03-23-2017 09:54 AM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

(03-23-2017 09:54 AM)757ODU Wrote:  
(03-23-2017 09:49 AM)BigBlue23 Wrote:  

Bingo

We have good core of recruited players, but we need more depth. Go after a freshman big man. At this point, I feel like I am begging.

Same here. Granted, you always want to be in a position to pick up a good quality transfer, but I think a lot of our issues with consistency is that we have too many transfers and not enough freshmen recruits.

The last good freshman big that we landed was Chris Cooper. That's been too long ago.
03-23-2017 09:58 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

Reuter was offered by Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Providence, etc. He is primarily a low post player. He would essentially replace Stith in 2 years. not a bad player, but based on our roster composition, I would prefer a freshman.......unless JJ has a grad transfer under his sleeve that could propel us into NCAA tourney discussion.
03-23-2017 10:01 AM
757ODU Offline
All American

(03-23-2017 10:01 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Reuter was offered by Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Providence, etc. He is primarily a low post player. He would essentially replace Stith in 2 years. not a bad player, but based on our roster composition, I would prefer a freshman.......unless JJ has a grad transfer under his sleeve that could propel us into NCAA tourney discussion.

That, I wouldn't mind either. We will have a bunch of scholarships open after next year. Go after the freshman big men. If we can land a good grad transfer, I will be extremely happy.
03-23-2017 10:14 AM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

(03-23-2017 10:14 AM)757ODU Wrote:  
(03-23-2017 10:01 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Reuter was offered by Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Providence, etc. He is primarily a low post player. He would essentially replace Stith in 2 years. not a bad player, but based on our roster composition, I would prefer a freshman.......unless JJ has a grad transfer under his sleeve that could propel us into NCAA tourney discussion.

That, I wouldn't mind either. We will have a bunch of scholarships open after next year. Go after the freshman big men. If we can land a good grad transfer, I will be extremely happy.

This is a bit of an interesting conundrum. I agree it would be nice to have a grad transfer this year, but that would also leave us with nothing but Arledge the following year. For the long term, I really think we need a freshman this year.
03-23-2017 10:27 AM
Advertisement

blewbyu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: odu
Don't think anyone has anything up there sleeve at this time... No freshman, Juco, or transfers....what you see is what you got.....Well, that's not true. We have at least one or two players leaving our program!
03-23-2017 10:28 AM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

(03-23-2017 10:28 AM)blewbyu Wrote:  Don't think anyone has anything up there sleeve at this time... No freshman, Juco, or transfers....what you see is what you got.....Well, that's not true. We have at least one or two players leaving our program!

Is this info, or your opinion of what is going on?
03-23-2017 10:30 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-23-2017 10:28 AM)blewbyu Wrote:  Don't think anyone has anything up there sleeve at this time... No freshman, Juco, or transfers....what you see is what you got.....Well, that's not true. We have at least one or two players leaving our program!

So you don't think they are going to fill the last scholarship plus leave 1 or 2 additional ones open when players leave? that would not be good.
03-23-2017 10:32 AM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

(03-23-2017 10:32 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

So you don't think they are going to fill the last scholarship plus leave 1 or 2 additional ones open when players leave? that would not be good.

It wouldn't. But adding 3 players late in the game would likely not be great either. It is hard to find one good player this late (for mid majors) let alone 3.
03-23-2017 10:34 AM
757ODU Offline
All American

That would be the tipping point.
03-23-2017 10:36 AM
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-23-2017 10:36 AM)757ODU Wrote:  

That would be the tipping point.

There are a couple that don't really play that can leave, no problem. We can't lose Stith(s),c aver, Porter, or Talley.
03-23-2017 10:41 AM
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

(03-23-2017 10:27 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  

This is a bit of an interesting conundrum. I agree it would be nice to have a grad transfer this year, but that would also leave us with nothing but Arledge the following year. For the long term, I really think we need a freshman this year.

We talking about a different GMU transfer? heh.
03-23-2017 10:45 AM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

(03-23-2017 10:45 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  
(03-23-2017 10:27 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  

We talking about a different GMU transfer? heh.

Hahaha. Oops. I would take Arledge though.
03-23-2017 10:56 AM
jumpshooter Offline
1st String

Please be wrong about this ...please
03-23-2017 11:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.