Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Unofficial 2017/18 Off Season MBB's Thread
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Unofficial 2017/18 Off Season MBB's Thread
One of our posters has noted that two assistant coaches are not on the post-2017 roster of players and coaches.

http://emueagles.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
03-20-2017 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

emu steve Online
Legend

RE: Unofficial 2017/18 Off Season MBB's Thread
I will make a parenthetical comment that presuming that Brown and White are gone as suggested by the roster.

One of our posters a month ago wanted to fire Murphy and promote Brown to acting head coach.

Wow... Talk about being dead wrong...

BTW, I assume assistant coaches contracts expire end of March. The ass't coaches contracts not extended????

Let me SPECULATE:

Heather knew the end of last week that she might be leaving.

Did she opt to in effect say: Keep Murphy and let certain assistants go.

Kind of like wrap things up before going out the door to Pitt. Do leave things undone for the interim AD.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2017 12:22 PM by emu steve.)
03-20-2017 12:06 PM
EMUAARON Online
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
(03-20-2017 12:06 PM)emu steve Wrote:  One of our posters a month ago wanted to fire Murphy and promote Brown to acting head coach.

how can someone be wrong when they want something to happen? i want someone to walk up to me and hand me $1,000,000 today. if that doesn't happen it doesn't mean i'm wrong.
03-20-2017 12:43 PM
emu79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: emu
(03-20-2017 12:43 PM)EMUAARON Wrote:  
(03-20-2017 12:06 PM)emu steve Wrote:  One of our posters a month ago wanted to fire Murphy and promote Brown to acting head coach.

how can someone be wrong when they want something to happen? i want someone to walk up to me and hand me $1,000,000 today. if that doesn't happen it doesn't mean i'm wrong.

Correct Aaron, some aren't as quick to point out their own faulty crystal ball and some claim insider information yet not a peep from them about Heather's departure ahead of time. Mike Brown has been mentioned as a potential head coach candidate if Murphy left or was fired several times over the past few years. Again no insider gave us inside information regarding these departures of these assistants or the reasons why. I myself speculated that perhaps Murphy would change assistants although to be honest Mike Brown wasn't one of them I was thinking of re departures. Since we all speculating (the price of gold anyone?) did Spears have some input into these departures? How this impacts recruiting as I've said remains to be seen. And who will be the new assistants?
03-20-2017 12:50 PM

emu steve Online
Legend

I'm not sure those are comparable.

As I read the post, the poster was 'recommending' (suggesting) that Murphy be fired and Brown promoted on an interim basis.

In your case, you may want it to happen but you know it won't (happen). Kind of like dreaming out loud.
03-20-2017 12:52 PM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
(03-20-2017 12:00 PM)emu steve Wrote:  One of our posters has noted that two assistant coaches are not on the post-2017 roster of players and coaches.

http://emueagles.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Sorry I should have made this thread when I posted it.
03-20-2017 01:37 PM
EagleSam Online
Heisman

Not too sure what to make of this just yet, but I'm hoping it is a step in the direction of Murphy admitting he needs someone to bring a structured offense. I've always felt firing assistants in basketball is a bit of a cop out, and this seems like a last gasp for Murphy to save his job. But I'll take anything, as long as it improves our offensive efficiency and gets more out of our players than Murphy does currently.
03-20-2017 01:50 PM

emu steve Online
Legend

Let's put this into context:

We all make 'recommendations'. E.g., lot of folks here have posted they hope Spears gets the AD job. That is a public recommendation.

We also post all the time: "I hope we recruit player X or Y." That is a recommendation.

We also post I whom we'd like to see as the next FB coach (this was before C.C. was hired). That is a recommendation. Writing to the AD or Regents favoring a candidate for a head coaching job is a recommendation.

MBB posters make recommendations all the time about what type of defense or offense Murphy should employ. That is a recommendation.

All of this is different than saying I think Akron will beat Texas-Arlington tonight in the NIT. That is a prediction and probably a 50 - 50 type proposition at best.
03-20-2017 01:58 PM
RamyEMU Offline
2nd String

(03-20-2017 12:52 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

I'm not sure those are comparable.

As I read the post, the poster was 'recommending' (suggesting) that Murphy be fired and Brown promoted on an interim basis.

In your case, you may want it to happen but you know it won't (happen). Kind of like dreaming out loud.

Steve, you clearly misused the phrase "dead wrong" in this case. You may want to let this one go.
03-20-2017 03:22 PM
RamyEMU Offline
2nd String

(03-20-2017 01:50 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Not too sure what to make of this just yet, but I'm hoping it is a step in the direction of Murphy admitting he needs someone to bring a structured offense. I've always felt firing assistants in basketball is a bit of a cop out, and this seems like a last gasp for Murphy to save his job. But I'll take anything, as long as it improves our offensive efficiency and gets more out of our players than Murphy does currently.

I have no basis for saying this, but Brown and White may have seen the writing on the wall and sought other employment. Though, that would be odd that they would both find another job at the same time.

If it was Murphy firing, I agree this is a cop out. Wondering if it was the AD forcing the issue.
03-20-2017 03:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.