Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gorsuch confirmation hearings begin today
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Gorsuch confirmation hearings begin today
Say what you want about the left wing, but ultimately they're doing their job. I expect Gorsuch to be confirmed, probably by next month sometime in a narrow victory. My guess is 2-3 Democrats will vote to confirm him - the senator from West Virginia being one of them.
03-20-2017 06:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

stinkfist Online
laughing at MSM meltdown

I Root For: StL Cards & USM
RE: Gorsuch confirmation hearings begin today
(03-20-2017 06:40 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Say what you want about the left wing, but ultimately they're doing their job. I expect Gorsuch to be confirmed, probably by next month sometime in a narrow victory. My guess is 2-3 Democrats will vote to confirm him - the senator from West Virginia being one of them.

how are they doing their job exactly?....he's as solid a jurist as could've been nominated...

so please expound how the leftist hem-haws are doing their 'job'

disclaimer: don't even come with the obummer attempt during his last year....that was simply politics that would have occurred in any scenario....
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2017 06:55 AM by stinkfist.)
03-20-2017 06:55 AM
LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
(03-20-2017 06:40 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Say what you want about the left wing, but ultimately they're doing their job. I expect Gorsuch to be confirmed, probably by next month sometime in a narrow victory. My guess is 2-3 Democrats will vote to confirm him - the senator from West Virginia being one of them.

He'll need 8 Democratic votes.
03-20-2017 07:28 AM
stinkfist Online
laughing at MSM meltdown

(03-20-2017 07:28 AM)LeFlâneur Wrote:  

the 'nuculer' precedent has been set by the left....so there's that...

if that 'has' to happen from the right??? look out.....the wheels will all flatten moving forward in the sand

the god fearing folk will need to start praying heavily at that point....
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2017 07:37 AM by stinkfist.)
03-20-2017 07:36 AM

LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
(03-20-2017 07:36 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

if that 'has' to happen from the right??? look out.....the wheels will all flatten moving forward in the sand

I agree with McConnell that the nuclear option should be avoided. I also think that with 10 Dem Senators facing 2018 in states that went to Trump, they can vote for cloture and still vote no on the nomination, thus appeasing both sides. Hopefully that will be the way it plays out.

The nuke will almost certainly be needed if Ginsberg croaks or resigns. There would even be a battle over a Kennedy replacement, who I believe is likely to resign after the 2018 term.
03-20-2017 07:45 AM
stinkfist Online
laughing at MSM meltdown

(03-20-2017 07:45 AM)LeFlâneur Wrote:  
(03-20-2017 07:36 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

I agree with McConnell that the nuclear option should be avoided. I also think that with 10 Dem Senators facing 2018 in states that went to Trump, they can vote for cloture and still vote no on the nomination, thus appeasing both sides. Hopefully that will be the way it plays out.

The nuke will almost certainly be needed if Ginsberg croaks or resigns. There would even be a battle over a Kennedy replacement, who I believe is likely to resign after the 2018 term.

XACLY! ....this one is Yuge in scope
03-20-2017 07:48 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Three Floyds

Donators
Kennedy may hang it up after this summer term.
03-20-2017 08:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Three Floyds

Donators

Joe Manchin, Heidi Heitkamp, Jon Tester, Joe Donnelly and Jeanne Shaheen will support him.

Only need 3 others.
03-20-2017 08:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Niner National Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
If he needs 8 dem votes I see this carrying on for a long time.
03-20-2017 09:21 AM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
if the democrats decide to filibuster, the republicans will just have to change the rules
03-20-2017 09:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.