Hockey field of 16 set-Penn St makes it for the first time
Atlantic Hockey - Air Force

B1G - Minny, tOSU, Penn St

ECAC - Harvard, Union, Cornell
Hockey East - UM LOWELL, BU, Notre Dame, Providence

NCHC - Denver, UMDuluth, WMU, UND

WCHA - Mich Tech

The #1 seeds will be Denver, UMDuluth, Harvard, Minnesota

Regionals at Fargo, Cincinnati, Manchester, and Providence. Frozen Four in Chicago
03-18-2017 11:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: Hockey field of 16 set-Penn St makes it for the first time
(03-18-2017 11:25 PM)NoDak Wrote:  Atlantic Hockey - Air Force

WCHA - Mich Tech

Regionals at Fargo, Cincinnati, Manchester, and Providence. Frozen Four in Chicago

I thought that ND was in the B1G now (or dies that start next season?)

Either way, the B1G is going to be a force to be reckoned w/ in hockey in the very near future - even more so than it already is.
03-18-2017 11:32 PM
NoDak Offline
All American

I Root For: UND
(03-18-2017 11:32 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(03-18-2017 11:25 PM)NoDak Wrote:  Atlantic Hockey - Air Force

WCHA - Mich Tech

I thought that ND was in the B1G now (or dies that start next season?)

Either way, the B1G is going to be a force to be reckoned w/ in hockey in the very near future - even more so than it already is.
ND to the B1G starts next year. The B1G championship game at Joe Louis Arena had less that 500 people according to Gopher fans that were there. It goes to campus sites next year. The Michigan's this year were horrible but at least Bucky returned to strength with a new coach. The NCHC tournament at the Target Center gets great UND crowds.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2017 11:40 PM by NoDak.)
03-18-2017 11:37 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Jen Bielema
500 people? Wow, the Big Ten hockey thing was a bust. I remember the WCHA drawing sellouts. Also Wisconsin used to draw even with hoops until about 5 years ago, I believe?

Who was the first team out this year?

Also how has Miami been doing in lately? I recall they were a national power with Enrico's "brotherhood" a short while ago but haven't heard much.

Used to casually follow college hockey when I had more time.
03-18-2017 11:43 PM

NoDak Offline
All American

(03-18-2017 11:43 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  500 people? Wow, the Big Ten hockey thing was a bust. I remember the WCHA drawing sellouts. Also Wisconsin used to draw even with hoops until about 5 years ago, I believe?

Also how has Miami been doing in lately? I recall they were a national power with Enrico's "brotherhood" a short while ago but haven't heard much.

BC, Vermont, and Wisconsin were last out by pairwise and it was very close. BC, Wisconsin and BGSU would have made it in with championship games wins. Committees don't decide who gets in. Pairwise ratings solely decides. A committee decides the brackets though, as host teams get placed there and often times local teams with attendance gets preference. UND and Providence will get placed in very friendly venues.

Miami is still young, but finished 7th. Cincinnati has been bidding on regionals because they have been expecting Miami, but that hasnt happened for a few years. WMU almost had a #1 seed, but lost twice in the NCHC tournament.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017 12:11 AM by NoDak.)
03-18-2017 11:57 PM
DefCONNOne Online
Cheap Seat Sharpshooter

I Root For: UCONN
(03-18-2017 11:57 PM)NoDak Wrote:  
(03-18-2017 11:43 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  500 people? Wow, the Big Ten hockey thing was a bust. I remember the WCHA drawing sellouts. Also Wisconsin used to draw even with hoops until about 5 years ago, I believe?

BC, Vermont, and Wisconsin were last out by pairwise and it was very close. BC, Wisconsin and BGSU would have made it in with championship games wins. Committees don't decide who gets in. Pairwise ratings solely decides. A committee decides the brackets though, as host teams get placed there and often times local teams with attendance gets preference. UND and Providence will get placed in very friendly venues.

Miami is still young, but finished 7th. Cincinnati has been bidding on regionals because they have been expecting Miami, but that hasnt happened for a few years. WMU almost had a #1 seed, but lost twice in the NCHC tournament.

Pairwise needs to be scrapped yesterday. Any "system" that says UND deserves to get in in, and runner-up Quinnipiac doesn't, is prehistoric and needs to go.
03-19-2017 09:37 AM
MplsBison Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
(03-18-2017 11:37 PM)NoDak Wrote:  The NCHC tournament at the Target Center gets great UND crowds.

Would think the UND vs UM-Duluth final at Target Center, is about the best the NCHC can ever expect to do.

Both should be added to the Big Ten as hockey affiliates.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017 09:55 AM by MplsBison.)
03-19-2017 09:55 AM

gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
would they put North Dakota, Duluth and Minnesota in Fargo? what are the seeds?
Providence in Providence would certainly be favorable. Not bad for a team left for dead earlier in the season
03-19-2017 10:13 AM
NoDak Offline
All American

(03-19-2017 09:37 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(03-18-2017 11:57 PM)NoDak Wrote:  

Pairwise needs to be scrapped yesterday. Any "system" that says UND deserves to get in in, and runner-up Quinnipiac doesn't, is prehistoric and needs to go.

UND is seeded tenth overall. We lost more than ten times to #1 seeds Denver and UMD and nearly #1 WMU. The NCHC was by far the toughest conference in strength as St Cloud and OMaha nearly had losing records bUT their RPI was high.. We beat BC in MSG which knocked them out in the end and Union at their place. We dominated eastern teams. If QU had won more, against good teams, they would have been in. UND was 2nd in the NCHC tounament, needing only to win 1 game to qualify.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017 10:42 AM by NoDak.)
03-19-2017 10:34 AM
NoDak Offline
All American

(03-19-2017 10:13 AM)gosports1 Wrote:  would they put North Dakota, Duluth and Minnesota in Fargo? what are the seeds?
Providence in Providence would certainly be favorable. Not bad for a team left for dead earlier in the season

The brackets will be announced at 12 ET.
03-19-2017 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.