Season Tickets

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Once again...
Bookmark and Share
BlazintheATL Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Once again...
It looks like MTSU will advance in the NCAA Tournament. As happy as I am for their players, fans, and the league, I can't help but feeling like that should have been us for the last two seasons.
03-16-2017 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
RE: Once again...
Except that last year we choked away the Vance in march...and this year we did it much earlier
03-16-2017 04:39 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

MTSU is still in a dog fight with Minn. Most of the fouls are going against the Blues. They had a 17 point lead but it got down to 4 points. Now back up to 6. Reggie Upshaw just scored 7 straight points.
03-16-2017 05:06 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

Congrats to MT and C-USA!

31-4, incredible.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 05:26 PM by KevMo4UAB.)
03-16-2017 05:23 PM

KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(03-16-2017 04:37 PM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  It looks like MTSU will advance in the NCAA Tournament. As happy as I am for their players, fans, and the league, I can't help but feeling like that should have been us for the last two seasons.

I can understand that feeling a year ago as UAB beat MT twice, but this season we went 0-2 against MT.
03-16-2017 05:32 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Lifelong member of the general public

I Root For: Acts grown old

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-16-2017 04:37 PM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  It looks like MTSU will advance in the NCAA Tournament. As happy as I am for their players, fans, and the league, I can't help but feeling like that should have been us for the last two seasons.

Maybe last year we were the better team that choked it away, but this year, even if we were playing at peak efficiency, I think they were the better team. They dominated the conference more than anyone since Memphis.
03-16-2017 05:32 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Heisman

Survivor Runner-up

Could've been last year. The wheels fell off this year for whatever reason. At this point I just want to see a couple teams get in and do well. That is three years in a row we get an extra credi right?
03-16-2017 05:34 PM

BlazintheATL Offline
All American

I agree MTSU was absolutely the best team in the conference this year, and they probably had the best season of any team since CUSA 3.0 began. I just mean i feel like we were supposed to be at that level this season and we just fell apart from the beginning.
03-16-2017 05:41 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Lifelong member of the general public

I Root For: Acts grown old

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Middle Tennessee really has a chance to go deep. They play 4 Butler next, a game I think they can win. Next would probably be #1 North Carolina, but that game will be in Memphis and MTSU would probably have a really good home court advantage.
03-16-2017 05:47 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
This is the 3rd straight year the CUSA champion has advanced as a lower seed over a higher seed (12 over a 5, 15 over a 2, 14 over a 3).

While I understand the seeding of our champions over the last few years given the level of play in CUSA, I wonder if the committee will reassess their seeding of CUSA teams given the consistent performance over the last few years. I'd say it's doubtful, but it makes you wonder.

Congrats to MTSU. It's good for them and good for the league. I think we have a legitimate shot to be back in the NCAA next year.
03-16-2017 06:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.