Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

House Den introduced anti "fake news" bill
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
House Den introduced anti "fake news" bill
03-lmfao Trump is truly a real estate master. He owns all the space in Democrat heads.

https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hres1...s191ih.pdf

Quote:Mr. ESPAILLAT (for himself, Mr. TED LIEU of California, and Mr. LEWIS of Georgia) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

Why is John Lewis such a dumbas$?

Quote:Whereas the United States is a democracy

wrong.

Quote:Resolved, That it is the sense of the House of Representatives that—

(1) it is Congress’ duty to uphold the Constitution of the United States and all of the fundamental rights, including the freedom of the press;

(2) the President must immediately acknowledge his support of the First Amendment and express his support for United States democracy;

(3) the United States should continue being a democracy, not an autocracy;

(4) White House spokespersons should not issue fake news; and

(5) White House spokespersons who offer alternative or inaccurate facts should retract their statements immediately.

It's sad that these idiots...

1. Think US is a Democracy.
2. Claim to support free speech here but seek to limit what the administration can say. They go further than that in I'm trying to force Trump to make a statement.
3. Think freedom of the press entitles all press to sit in for Q&A.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
03-14-2017 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: House Den introduced anti "fake news" bill
Total Loons
03-14-2017 10:41 AM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
1. the US is a democracy. it's pathetic that you don't know this and claim that you are right.

2. I still don't get why cons take so much pride in this (flawed assumption) being true. that's as fascist as it gets.
03-14-2017 10:57 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
We are not a direct democracy, we are a representative democracy and a constitutional republic. At least that is what John Adams and John Marshall wrote. They could be wrong though.
03-14-2017 11:03 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(03-14-2017 10:57 AM)john01992 Wrote:  1. the US is a democracy. it's pathetic that you don't know this and claim that you are right.

2. I still don't get why cons take so much pride in this (flawed assumption) being true. that's as fascist as it gets.

and to the republic for which it stands, jeez Johnny did you miss elementary school or something?
03-14-2017 11:06 AM
john01992 Offline

(03-14-2017 11:06 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 10:57 AM)john01992 Wrote:  1. the US is a democracy. it's pathetic that you don't know this and claim that you are right.

and to the republic for which it stands, jeez Johnny did you miss elementary school or something?

No I clearly had more education on this topic than you ever did. the terms republic and democracy are not mutually exclusive. this entire attitude that the US is not a democracy rests on that one flawed assumption.
03-14-2017 11:13 AM
john01992 Offline

(03-14-2017 11:03 AM)fsquid Wrote:  We are not a direct democracy, we are a representative democracy and a constitutional republic. At least that is what John Adams and John Marshall wrote. They could be wrong though.

winner winner chicken dinner.
03-14-2017 11:14 AM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo

Civics... Learn it..

The key difference between a democracy and a republic lies in the limits placed on government by the law, which has implications for minority rights. Both forms of government tend to use a representational system — i.e., citizens vote to elect politicians to represent their interests and form the government. In a republic, a constitution or charter of rights protects certain inalienable rights that cannot be taken away by the government, even if it has been elected by a majority of voters.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Democracy_vs_Republic

Quote:2. I still don't get why cons take so much pride in this (flawed assumption) being true. that's as fascist as it gets.

Democracy is mob rule, with no set rights... Realizing our founders were wiser than that is something to take pride in.
03-14-2017 11:48 AM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
If you don't see the irony in you calling us "a democracy" 2 months after instilling a president who did not win the popular vote, well.... I don't think Obama or Trump care can cure that kind of stupid...
03-14-2017 12:15 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(03-14-2017 11:13 AM)john01992 Wrote:  

No I clearly had more education on this topic than you ever did. the terms republic and democracy are not mutually exclusive. this entire attitude that the US is not a democracy rests on that one flawed assumption.
Lmao
03-14-2017 03:47 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
[Image: 199046_image.jpg]
03-15-2017 01:02 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(03-14-2017 03:47 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Lmao

I'm really going to miss John. He was the salty partisan hackiness to Mach 's sweet conspiracy whackiness.
03-15-2017 01:53 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(03-15-2017 01:53 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 03:47 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Lmao

I'm really going to miss John. He was the salty partisan hackiness to Mach 's sweet conspiracy whackiness.

you got to hand it to John. When he decided to go run face first into a wall, he made sure he was wearing his Jordans and had 30 yards to build up maximum speed.
03-15-2017 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.