Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pulling for conference mates
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Pulling for conference mates
1 thing I really noticed quickly about moving from SoCon to Sun Belt is now almost universally conference members pull for each other vs any non-conference opponent. That just wasn't true in the SoCon. The feeling that we are all in this together is much stronger here. I hope the Coastal fans see this.

In any postseason play I pull for any Belt team vs whoever. I know during conference seasons, especially in football, the rivalries are there but I have noticed great support for each other in bowls
03-13-2017 10:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

UTArlingtonMaverick Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UT Arlington
RE: Pulling for conference mates
(03-13-2017 10:17 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  1 thing I really noticed quickly about moving from SoCon to Sun Belt is now almost universally conference members pull for each other vs any non-conference opponent. That just wasn't true in the SoCon. The feeling that we are all in this together is much stronger here. I hope the Coastal fans see this.

In any postseason play I pull for any Belt team vs whoever. I know during conference seasons, especially in football, the rivalries are there but I have noticed great support for each other in bowls

Pulling for all Sunbelt teams where ever they are in the post-season.
03-13-2017 10:27 PM
ark30inf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
When Little Rock goes to the post-season I always grumble until tip-off and then I start pulling for them.

Sometimes its hard to pull for some of you, but we really are in this thing together.
03-13-2017 10:59 PM
hapapp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
You know what they say..."Together we rise."
03-14-2017 05:30 AM

rokamortis Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal
(03-13-2017 10:17 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  1 thing I really noticed quickly about moving from SoCon to Sun Belt is now almost universally conference members pull for each other vs any non-conference opponent. That just wasn't true in the SoCon. The feeling that we are all in this together is much stronger here. I hope the Coastal fans see this.

I think most of us see this and think the same way. It was one of the things that stood out to me as a positive when we were rumored to be in the conversation.
03-14-2017 05:33 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
I dont get the SEC doing it because they are at the top of college athletics, we on the other have a long way to go in perception and on the field. For the foreseeable future it is "together we rise". When one of us gets blown out by 40 it is "oh it was a Sun Belt team". I remember a time when the Sun Belt would get lumped in with FCS as if scheduling either was the same when folks would talk about scheduling. All of us dont have to be Boise but which ever teams are at the top at the time needs to start winning OOC and the bottom needs no FCS losses. We desparatley need to get to .500 OOC to start turning the perception around.
03-14-2017 07:36 AM
TrueBlueDrew Online
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
The best thing about the Sun Belt is that all the other schools actually have fans. The reason our rivalry with App got so heavy was partly due to the fact that they were the only other fanbase in the SoCon that even remotely cared.
03-14-2017 08:42 AM

slycat Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(03-14-2017 08:42 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  The best thing about the Sun Belt is that all the other schools actually have fans. The reason our rivalry with App got so heavy was partly due to the fact that they were the only other fanbase in the SoCon that even remotely cared.

The Southland was similar. Outside of SHSU and McNeese there wasn't much conversation. SFA had a couple active posters and a couple other schools had maybe one or two. There is much more conversation in this conference.
03-14-2017 09:45 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Texas State
I understand the sentiment and agree that we should pull for each other but it doesn't matter who wishes who to victory until fans start buying tickets to support other teams. That would be true conference solidarity, very unrealistic I understand.

Me and some friends made a last minute trip to the SBC Basketball Championship and there were about as many Troy and TXST fans as I expected but there were very few fans from other schools. In fact the only other non Troy or TXST shirt I saw was a Ragin Cajun one. I was hoping to see some UTA or GA State fans at least since those teams played in the Semis.
03-14-2017 09:58 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
(03-14-2017 05:30 AM)hapapp Wrote:  You know what they say..."Together we rise."

I thought it was, "The Sun Belt is not an easy conference."
03-14-2017 10:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.