Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hawaii Considering Bill To Force Church, Pro-Life Centers To Promote Abortion
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
[Image: mimcfr.jpg]

Freedom of religion?

Quote:Hawaii is considering legislation that would require all pregnancy centers to refer patients to clinics that provide abortions, — a move pro-life centers say will violate their religious beliefs and their free speech rights.

In a 22-3 vote, the state’s Democrat-controlled Senate approved SB 501, which would direct “all limited service pregnancy centers to disclose the availability of and enrollment information for reproductive health services.”
For the Rev. Derald Skinner, pastor at Calvary Chapel Pearl Harbor, that would mean putting a sign advertising abortion in his church.

“They want to mandate all pro-life centers to put an abortion referral sign in our reception areas,” Mr. Skinner said in a video published to the church’s Vimeo account. “Now our particular pro-life center is in our church. So it’s very important to realize that they are dictating to us what we can and cannot say. Will they give me my sermon next and tell me what I can preach?”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017...-abortion/
03-13-2017 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: Hawaii Considering Bill To Force Church, Pro-Life Centers To Promote Abortion
now that is just foollish.
03-13-2017 06:56 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Hawaii Considering Bill To Force Church, Pro-Life Centers To Promote Abortion
Another opportunity for the ACLU to prove that it is a real boy.
03-13-2017 07:23 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
In before someone tells me if you get a dime from the government, then the government owns you..
03-13-2017 07:27 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
(03-13-2017 07:27 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  In before someone tells me if you get a dime from the government, then the government owns you..

It's true, as is that government is too big and too involved.
03-13-2017 07:53 PM
Advertisement

mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
Is any one shocked?
The ACA forced religious organizations to pay for abortion inducing drugs, something totally against their beliefs......
is it a stretch to think the government would force a religious organization to promote abortion in their facilities, something totally against their beliefs...
is it a stretch to think the government would force Churches to perform gay marriages, something totally against their beliefs......
there is no reach too far for the government's tentacles.
03-13-2017 08:02 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(03-13-2017 07:53 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  
(03-13-2017 07:27 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  In before someone tells me if you get a dime from the government, then the government owns you..

While I agree we have too much, the logic ends up.... If you have a kids with federal loans at your school you have no rights even as a private school...
03-13-2017 08:05 PM
Advertisement

Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
(03-13-2017 08:05 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(03-13-2017 07:53 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  

While I agree we have too much, the logic ends up.... If you have a kids with federal loans at your school you have no rights even as a private school...

that's part of why I believe that gov't has no business in the loan business whatsoever. you know it's coming. anytime you take federal money it comes back to haunt you somehow.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
03-13-2017 08:45 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I'm wondering what affect this would actually have. I mean, it's not like people haven't heard of abortion, and people going to religious-based pregnancy support centers would presumably be looking for options other than aborting their pregnancy.

The bill seems like a total waste.
03-13-2017 09:25 PM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
the OP literally has no shame. you have completely editorialized the title of what was already a partisan source.
03-13-2017 09:29 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(03-13-2017 09:29 PM)john01992 Wrote:  the OP literally has no shame. you have completely editorialized the title of what was already a partisan source.

[Image: 1cx42e.jpg]
03-13-2017 10:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.