Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thank You!
Bookmark and Share
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Thank You!
Just wanted to take a moment and thank some UC fans for the chuckle.

Its an annual event to listen to the the hand wringing and moaning from some UC fans after the brackets are announced, and to those I am speaking to, you know who you are.

And You didn't disappoint again this year!

No matter what we are seeded and no matter who we play you can always guarantee that some UC fans will say one or more of the following:

1. Claim our seeding is wrong (too high or too low) just to screw us
2. Claim our first round opponent is seeded poorly on purpose (just to screw us)
3. Claim our second round opponent is really the best team in the tourney and we were purposefully matched up with them because once again, there is a conspiracy to screw UC in the ncaa tourney.

And this year we have a new edition to the family:
4. Mick's whining caused the Cats to be screwed in the ncaa seeding/pairings

Welcome to the lineup #4! I'm sure we will see you annually now!

Sadly, we did have a miss this year:
I didn't see any comments centered around an XU rep or an Ohio State rep who sits on the selection board and is the mastermind behind screwing UC in the seedings/pairings. That one is my favorite of all time and doggonit, you missed it this time around. There's always next year though.

go Cats....SMH

03-13-2017 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Thank You!
And on cue we get the smug "Look at all the whining post".

Thanks! It would not be complete here without it.

03-13-2017 09:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(03-13-2017 09:43 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Just wanted to take a moment and thank some UC fans for the chuckle.

Its an annual event to listen to the the hand wringing and moaning from some UC fans after the brackets are announced, and to those I am speaking to, you know who you are.

No matter what we are seeded and no matter who we play you can always guarantee that some UC fans will say one or more of the following:

2. Claim our first round opponent is seeded poorly on purpose (just to screw us)
3. Claim our second round opponent is really the best team in the tourney and we were purposefully matched up with them because once again, there is a conspiracy to screw UC in the ncaa tourney.

I didn't see any comments centered around an XU rep or an Ohio State rep who sits on the selection board and is the mastermind behind screwing UC in the seedings/pairings. That one is my favorite of all time and doggonit, you missed it this time around. There's always next year though.

go Cats....SMH

So what?

03-13-2017 09:51 AM
DownOnRohs Online
Heisman

(03-13-2017 09:43 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Just wanted to take a moment and thank some UC fans for the chuckle.

go Cats....SMH

It's not that they're out to get us it's just that we are a second class citizen.

Not only underseeded (which I could understand), playing a team that is also underseeded, but also shipped way further away than any other top 25 team, making it extremely difficult for our fans to travel with the team.

03-13-2017 09:52 AM
DownOnRohs Online
Heisman

(03-13-2017 09:48 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  And on cue we get the smug "Look at all the whining post".

Smug as fuc*. This board is his life it seems like so I guess it's understandable.

03-13-2017 09:53 AM
CincyBearcatFan86 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC/USC/Miami-FL
It's like last season when guys on here was crying about playing Oregon in the 2nd round but forgot about the first round game. When UC lost to st.joes guys started crying about the refs and mick.

03-13-2017 09:55 AM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(03-13-2017 09:51 AM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  

go Cats....SMH

So what?

huh? lol

I was thanking the UC fans I referenced in this post for the chuckle.

03-13-2017 10:07 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators

go Cats....SMH

Oh, man. The meds need to be dialed back.

03-13-2017 10:28 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(03-13-2017 09:48 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  And on cue we get the smug "Look at all the whining post".

And equally, things would not have been complete around here had we not had the paranoid delusions of some fans who think there is a vast ncaa conspiracy against UC....

03-13-2017 01:56 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(03-13-2017 10:28 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

go Cats....SMH

Probably needs his GPS reprogrammed too.

03-13-2017 02:41 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(03-13-2017 02:41 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  
(03-13-2017 10:28 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

go Cats....SMH

Probably needs his GPS reprogrammed too.

ouch

03-13-2017 02:52 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
I'm with you Bearcats #1... the everyone is out to get UC nonsense around here always makes me laugh. It's been going on forever. It was either Mick's first or second year in the tournament when we drew a Missouri team that had to force turnovers to win and we were a team that took great care of the basketball and people here were talking about what a terrible draw they were. They were almost the perfect team for that UC team to play and UC took care of business but everyone acted like the committee was trying to screw UC.

Like all tournament teams UC has had good draws and bad draws. This year I'd describe as in between. I think we probably will have the most difficult first round opponent of the 11 seeds, but I think UCLA is the kind of team that could struggle in the tournament and not as strong a 3 seed as many believe. I think UC matches up pretty well with them as well. It is what it is. When you make the tournament you have to play good teams. Lets take care of business on Friday and then Sunday could be pretty fun.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2017 02:57 PM by bearcatmark.)
03-13-2017 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
Hey, it's a sports fan's job to b!tch. For example, does anyone find it amusing how in one moment a Cincinnati fan(or sports writer) is whining about how the Reds suck because they gave too many big contracts to fan favorites and now they're stuck overpaying a lot of injured and aging players, while in the next breath attack the Bengals because they let a 35 year old OT walk rather than overpay to keep him after they drafted tackles #1 and #2 two years ago in anticipation of this possibly happening.

03-13-2017 03:18 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
(03-13-2017 03:18 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Hey, it's a sports fan's job to b!tch. For example, does anyone find it amusing how in one moment a Cincinnati fan(or sports writer) is whining about how the Reds suck because they gave too many big contracts to fan favorites and now they're stuck overpaying a lot of injured and aging players, while in the next breath attack the Bengals because they let a 35 year old OT walk rather than overpay to keep him after they drafted tackles #1 and #2 two years ago in anticipation of this possibly happening.

+2
Right on Jackie Treehorn. We all forget fan is short for FANATIC, it's what we are supposed to do.

03-13-2017 03:54 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(03-13-2017 03:54 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  
(03-13-2017 03:18 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Hey, it's a sports fan's job to b!tch. For example, does anyone find it amusing how in one moment a Cincinnati fan(or sports writer) is whining about how the Reds suck because they gave too many big contracts to fan favorites and now they're stuck overpaying a lot of injured and aging players, while in the next breath attack the Bengals because they let a 35 year old OT walk rather than overpay to keep him after they drafted tackles #1 and #2 two years ago in anticipation of this possibly happening.

+2
Right on Jackie Treehorn. We all forget fan is short for FANATIC, it's what we are supposed to do.

How many on here predicted anything below a 5 seed? I may be wrong, but I don't think there were any. Mostly it was a debate between 4 and 5 - one person thought a 3 seed - but did anyone think a 6 was coming down the pike?

Most fans think their team, their school is better than it actually is, so when reality slaps them upside the head they are going to complain. It's like the two posters above said, it's what fans do.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2017 04:06 PM by BearcatsUC.)
03-13-2017 04:04 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I hear ya Jackie....Go Cats!

03-13-2017 04:32 PM
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
One thing for certain, looking at our draw compared to Smu's, we have no reason to be unhappy if they are the benchmark. Clearly winning the tourney gave them nothing at all.

03-13-2017 04:44 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Losing a ton of games in a row didn't hurt X either. I'd switch seeds and draws with them in a second.

03-13-2017 04:52 PM
colohank Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincy
(03-13-2017 09:52 AM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  

go Cats....SMH

It's not that they're out to get us it's just that we are a second class citizen.

Not only underseeded (which I could understand), playing a team that is also underseeded, but also shipped way further away than any other top 25 team, making it extremely difficult for our fans to travel with the team.

UC is a second class citizen only if it accepts that role. The quickest way to dispel any such notions of our inferiority is to win. The more P5s we beat, the more enhanced will be our reputation. Simple as that...

03-13-2017 05:01 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

the best way for UC to help UC is to GO ON A RUN in the ncaa....that will fix a LOT of things.

03-13-2017 05:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.