Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Time for the American to move away from ESPiN, it hurts too much to be judged by them
BEAST Football Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The American
MyBB Time for the American to move away from ESPiN, it hurts too much to be judged by them
The American affiliation with ESPiN has turned into a disaster, all the alleged exposure from your media partner is only good if your media partner promotes you.

In the case of the American Athletic Conference and its relationship with ESPiN this is not the case. The "Mickey Mouse" networks have gone out of their way to discredit the American and promote the conferences affiliated with the "Pompass5".

----------------------------------------------------------------

Full disclose I blame the colluted efforts of ESPiN and the ACC for the destruction of the old BIG EAST dating back to 2001 when they were embarrassed by the success of the Football group and the continued success of the basketball schools.
03-12-2017 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lollaperuna Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
RE: Time for the American to move away from ESPiN, it hurts too much to be judged by them
Every game televised and most on ESPN is the best thing going for us.
03-12-2017 11:11 PM
hand solo Offline
Banned

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Time for the American to move away from ESPiN, it hurts too much to be judged by them
That would be a bad move in the current broadcasting scheme of things; espn still runs the show...maybe in 20 years down the road, when the medium has changed to a more al la carte digital streaming model, but not now.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2017 01:10 AM by hand solo.)
03-13-2017 12:26 AM
nobledictator1278 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU Baby
All I know is ECU (the non basketball powerhouse they are) had nearly every game televised this season most on ESPN News..but a few on ESPN 2 or ESPNU.....this has to be a win for our school...and can only help to bring future recruits here. Maybe some of you other schools gets more games broadcasted...but we've had ever BB and FB game available since this deal. During the ECU/Houston game....and all other ECU games around that time...the announcers kept pimping Houston for a at large...so I don't think they were bastardizing our conference.
03-13-2017 07:54 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(03-12-2017 10:28 PM)BEAST Football Wrote:  The American affiliation with ESPiN has turned into a disaster, all the alleged exposure from your media partner is only good if your media partner promotes you.

In the case of the American Athletic Conference and its relationship with ESPiN this is not the case. The "Mickey Mouse" networks have gone out of their way to discredit the American and promote the conferences affiliated with the "Pompass5".

Full disclose I blame the colluted efforts of ESPiN and the ACC for the destruction of the old BIG EAST dating back to 2001 when they were embarrassed by the success of the Football group and the continued success of the basketball schools.

If you think ESPN shytes on us now (which they are); wait until we split from them.

For disclosure, I agree the ACC and ESPN colluded to destroy the Old Big East Conference . I can remember ESPN going out of their way to crap on Big East football in the late 2000s. You think it is bad now-- I could be watching a PAC10 game and at some point Rod Gilmore or Joe Tessitore would find a point to remind the audience how bad the Big East was.
03-13-2017 08:44 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(03-13-2017 08:44 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(03-12-2017 10:28 PM)BEAST Football Wrote:  The American affiliation with ESPiN has turned into a disaster, all the alleged exposure from your media partner is only good if your media partner promotes you.

If you think ESPN shytes on us now (which they are); wait until we split from them.

For disclosure, I agree the ACC and ESPN colluded to destroy the Old Big East Conference . I can remember ESPN going out of their way to crap on Big East football in the late 2000s. You think it is bad now-- I could be watching a PAC10 game and at some point Rod Gilmore or Joe Tessitore would find a point to remind the audience how bad the Big East was.

agree

I can't prove it, but nobody will ever convince me that the ACC and ESPN didn't conspire to take out the Big East. The Judas in all of this was Pitt. I hate Pitt for it and always will.
03-13-2017 09:09 AM
Advertisement

FrancisDrake Offline
1st String

I Root For: Piecesof8
We aren't doing ourselves any favors either. Pick up the slack on our end and don't give them so much fodder. Right now, ESPN is still the best option bc its the go too option for casual audiences. However, if the money is right I'd sign with OWN.
03-13-2017 09:54 AM
wavefan12 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulane

This is just silly. As if we would get better press if we moved all of our games to NBC Sports Network or FS1.
03-13-2017 09:59 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(03-13-2017 09:59 AM)wavefan12 Wrote:  

This is just silly. As if we would get better press if we moved all of our games to NBC Sports Network or FS1.

You probably would.
03-13-2017 02:55 PM
Stallion Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Well it looks like SMU and Cincy (and Baylor I might add) have been relegated to TrueTv for First Round so you'll get your wish
03-13-2017 03:04 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
What would the reaction be if the AAC announced a new deal for $5 million per year per school - 6 football games on NBC Saturday and 50 football games on NBCSports? 12 basketball games on NBC Saturday and 100 basketball games on NBCSports?
03-13-2017 04:31 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(03-13-2017 02:55 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  
(03-13-2017 09:59 AM)wavefan12 Wrote:  

You probably would.

On specifically those networks yes, but no one watches NBCSN and outside of a few major events no one watches FS1. So we get bad press on ESPN now, but we'd get either bad press or worse zero press on ESPN if we left. I was all for the whole "screw ESPN" mindset when ECU was in C-USA and they left, until I realized that it caused ECU to essentially disappear. It was hard for me to even find ECU football games on TV under the C-USA Fox/CBSSN deals, and hell half the time the Fox Regional games weren't even in HD. Unless the money is significantly better it's not worth it to leave ESPN, and when I say significant I mean it would need to be 2 to 3 times what ESPN was willing to offer.
03-13-2017 04:48 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(03-13-2017 04:31 PM)YNot Wrote:  What would the reaction be if the AAC announced a new deal for $5 million per year per school - 6 football games on NBC Saturday and 50 football games on NBCSports? 12 basketball games on NBC Saturday and 100 basketball games on NBCSports?

Considering that 4 years ago, Aresco signed a deal with NBCSports for $1 million per school per year, with basically nothing guaranteed on Big NBC, I'd say that was a pretty excellent deal.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2017 04:49 PM by quo vadis.)
03-13-2017 04:48 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
(03-13-2017 04:48 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(03-13-2017 04:31 PM)YNot Wrote:  What would the reaction be if the AAC announced a new deal for $5 million per year per school - 6 football games on NBC Saturday and 50 football games on NBCSports? 12 basketball games on NBC Saturday and 100 basketball games on NBCSports?

Considering that 4 years ago, Aresco signed a deal with NBCSports for $1 million per school per year, with basically nothing guaranteed on Big NBC, I'd say that was a pretty excellent deal.

Which would you consider more important? The money or the 6 games on Big NBC?

What if the money was the same as now, but there were 6 games on Big NBC (and then a bunch on NBCSports) with no ESPN?

OR, what if there were no guaranteed Big NBC games (with no ESPN), but the money was 5+million per school?
03-13-2017 05:18 PM
PT_american Offline
1st String

I Root For: American
(03-13-2017 05:18 PM)YNot Wrote:  

Which would you consider more important? The money or the 6 games on Big NBC?

What if the money was the same as now, but there were 6 games on Big NBC (and then a bunch on NBCSports) with no ESPN?

OR, what if there were no guaranteed Big NBC games (with no ESPN), but the money was 5+million per school?

I think it would require games on the main NBC channel. Just my opinion though.
03-13-2017 06:13 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU

I mean considering ESPN "matched" the NBC offer and it was for 2 million per year and a few guaranteed games on network TV you are just blowing smoke out your arse.
03-13-2017 06:30 PM
Advertisement

BEAST Football Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-13-2017 06:30 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

I mean considering ESPN "matched" the NBC offer and it was for 2 million per year and a few guaranteed games on network TV you are just blowing smoke out your arse.

The deal that we have with ESPiN, is the deal that was signed with NBC, that deal could only be matched by ESPiN, it could not be changed.

ESPiN had the right of first refusal, and they matched the exposure and money that NBC promised us. Honestly I was thrilled, foolishly thinking that once they were our partners they would promote us to no end.

All I have to say is that exposure is great, if the exposure is about you, and is positive exposure.

News is that ASN is done and are filing for bankruptcy m if that's the case I hope the American figures out a way to buy the American Sports Network and produce our own tier all and tier lll games in association with our new media partner.

Any thoughts?
03-13-2017 08:10 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(03-13-2017 08:10 PM)BEAST Football Wrote:  

The deal that we have with ESPiN, is the deal that was signed with NBC, that deal could only be matched by ESPiN, it could not be changed.

ESPiN had the right of first refusal, and they matched the exposure and money that NBC promised us. Honestly I was thrilled, foolishly thinking that once they were our partners they would promote us to no end.

All I have to say is that exposure is great, if the exposure is about you, and is positive exposure.

News is that ASN is done and are filing for bankruptcy m if that's the case I hope the American figures out a way to buy the American Sports Network and produce our own tier all and tier lll games in association with our new media partner.

Any thoughts?

We don't need to buy a network. The last thing we need to do is get ino a business that could lose money. We just need to get the most exposure for the most money. ESPN has actually done a decent job. If we get a team that starts to slide into the top 10 they would give us abc coverage. No doubts.
03-13-2017 08:23 PM
BEAST Football Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-13-2017 08:23 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(03-13-2017 08:10 PM)BEAST Football Wrote:  

Any thoughts?

We don't need to buy a network. The last thing we need to do is get ino a business that could lose money. We just need to get the most exposure for the most money. ESPN has actually done a decent job. If we get a team that starts to slide into the top 10 they would give us abc coverage. No doubts.

Don't you think at some point during the season SMU or UC were top 10, or Houston and UCF deserved a mention... The reason none of that happened is due to the negative spin ESPiN put on everything our teams did. The most enjoyable games I watched this season were either not on ESPiN or were on ESPiN3 and produced by ASN.

Just saying.
03-13-2017 08:47 PM
Puckhead48E Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
Time for the American to move away from ESPiN, it hurts too much to be judged by them
How many ways can one say "ESPN hates UCONN and is the only reason why we aren't a perennial top 10 football and basketball program...those ESPN bastards are evil!" with a straight face.

While they haven't gone out of their way to help, ESPN actively working to denigrate our standing reduces eyes and viewers for them. That's contrary to they business model. They are having problems in this area and wouldn't exacerbate it this was.

Seriously, this isn't an election for 9th grade student council.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-13-2017 09:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.