Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State vs. UCLA (NCAA Tournament)
Bookmark and Share
fallsdog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
Kent State vs. UCLA (NCAA Tournament)
We can take a look at the Bruins later. For now...

Go Flashes
03-12-2017 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

FlashPan Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Kent State vs. UCLA (NCAA Tournament)
I have watched UCLA several times. Of all the big names, I think I would prefer to play them than the other choices. They are beatable with a little bit of luck thrown in.. Kent is more athletic.
03-12-2017 05:36 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(03-12-2017 05:36 PM)FlashPan Wrote:  I have watched UCLA several times. Of all the big names, I think I would prefer to play them than the other choices. They are beatable with a little bit of luck thrown in.. Kent is more athletic.

I have not seen UCLA much, but that is a bold statement. We played the worst team in their conference and got beat by 12 million points. Let's hope we play better than we did that night.
03-12-2017 06:05 PM
anti-zip Offline
1st String

I Root For: kent state!
Tough matchup for sure. The one bright side is in this era of one and done players you never know how much these mega prospects care about the tournament. I just watched something today about Ball's family. They actually have their own brand his parents made up. Seems his whole upbringing has been centered around him and his brothers getting to the NBA. If there's any thought in the back of his mind that getting hurt could cost him being the top pick then the door is open for a bunch of guys with nothing to lose. In Ben Simmons' documentary last year, his parents were elated to lose in the NIT because it meant he made it through college healthy.
03-12-2017 06:07 PM

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-12-2017 06:07 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Tough matchup for sure. The one bright side is in this era of one and done players you never know how much these mega prospects care about the tournament. I just watched something today about Ball's family. They actually have their own brand his parents made up. Seems his whole upbringing has been centered around him and his brothers getting to the NBA. If there's any thought in the back of his mind that getting hurt could cost him being the top pick then the door is open for a bunch of guys with nothing to lose. In Ben Simmons' documentary last year, his parents were elated to lose in the NIT because it meant he made it through college healthy.

They didn't even go to the NIT, did they? I thought they tanked in the SEC tourney and called it a season.
03-12-2017 06:12 PM
fallsdog Offline
1st String

Oddly enough I heard a piece on NPR about the family, particularly the father. Two things stood out. First, there is some genius to the dad's marketing plan. Two, the son seems to understand that his role is just to play. I think it was on "more than a game" Saturday morning.
03-12-2017 06:13 PM
anti-zip Offline
1st String

I Root For: kent state!
(03-12-2017 06:12 PM)axeme Wrote:  
(03-12-2017 06:07 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Tough matchup for sure. The one bright side is in this era of one and done players you never know how much these mega prospects care about the tournament. I just watched something today about Ball's family. They actually have their own brand his parents made up. Seems his whole upbringing has been centered around him and his brothers getting to the NBA. If there's any thought in the back of his mind that getting hurt could cost him being the top pick then the door is open for a bunch of guys with nothing to lose. In Ben Simmons' documentary last year, his parents were elated to lose in the NIT because it meant he made it through college healthy.

They didn't even go to the NIT, did they? I thought they tanked in the SEC tourney and called it a season.

Yeah you might be right. I might've been confusing them with that Kentucky team that lost in the first round of the NIT a few years ago. It might've been that his parents​ were relieved to get eliminated from the SEC tournament.
03-12-2017 06:38 PM

barndog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(03-12-2017 05:36 PM)FlashPan Wrote:  I have watched UCLA several times. Of all the big names, I think I would prefer to play them than the other choices. They are beatable with a little bit of luck thrown in.. Kent is more athletic.

I've also seen UCLA play several times and think the exact opposite -- the worst possible matchup for KSU. If the Flashes don't bring their A game, they're going to get beat badly. On the bright side, UCLA is horrible defensively and has struggled the last couple of games on offense. Flashes can't get in a track meet like they did against CMU or the game will be over early. Hopefully, KSU's physical play will fluster the Bruins enough to give them a chance.
03-12-2017 06:55 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(03-12-2017 06:55 PM)barndog Wrote:  

I've also seen UCLA play several times and think the exact opposite -- the worst possible matchup for KSU. If the Flashes don't bring their A game, they're going to get beat badly. On the bright side, UCLA is horrible defensively and has struggled the last couple of games on offense. Flashes can't get in a track meet like they did against CMU or the game will be over early. Hopefully, KSU's physical play will fluster the Bruins enough to give them a chance.

Hard to think we could get beat worse than the last time we played in the NCAAT.
03-12-2017 07:23 PM
fallsdog Offline
1st String

(03-12-2017 07:23 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(03-12-2017 06:55 PM)barndog Wrote:  

Hard to think we could get beat worse than the last time we played in the NCAAT.

Yep...nightMARE. west coast wasn't it.
03-12-2017 07:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.