Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So conference tournaments are meaningless?
dbackjon Offline
All American

I Root For: NAU/Illini
So conference tournaments are meaningless?
Both Kansas and North Carolina stay number 1C it's despite losing Early and their tournaments
03-12-2017 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
RE: So conference tournaments are meaningless?
(03-12-2017 05:05 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  Both Kansas and North Carolina stay number 1C it's despite losing Early and their tournaments

Everything about college sports is rigged. The sooner you realize it the sooner you can find a healthier way to invest your time.
03-12-2017 05:10 PM
RutgersGuy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(03-12-2017 05:05 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  Both Kansas and North Carolina stay number 1C it's despite losing Early and their tournaments

It's about a seasons worth of work not a single tournament. Don't know how you say they are meaningless when teams who wouldn't make the NCAA's get in every year through them.
03-12-2017 05:13 PM
Wedge Offline
There will be no extra point.

I Root For: California
Committee treats conference tournament games and regular-season games the same way. Did you win or lose, how good is the opponent, was it home, away, or neutral court.

It looks like the committee switched Arizona and Oregon based on the Pac-12 tournament final. But those two teams were very close before the game.

Committee obviously didn't think Duke was close enough to UNC to pass them based on the ACC final.

Kansas is 28-4, including 5-1 against other teams that received NCAA tournament top-4 seeds. They kept their #1 seed because they were far enough ahead of the teams that got #2 and 3 seeds.

Kansas State was the last at-large in the field and probably made the tournament because they beat Baylor in the Big 12 tournament, but not because that game was played in the conference tournament. It was because it was their 3rd win of the season over an NCAA top-4 seed.
03-12-2017 06:25 PM

quo vadis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(03-12-2017 05:10 PM)Artifice Wrote:  

Everything about college sports is rigged.

It's hard to argue anything about college basketball is rigged against North Carolina and Kansas. 07-coffee3
03-12-2017 06:55 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: The Heels
They aren't meaningless. Michigan's showing in their tournament helped their seeding tremendously. Although...I'll be run out on a rail for admitting this: I think Duke deserved the one seed over UNC.
03-12-2017 07:39 PM
jdgaucho Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCSB
Tell UC Davis, Northern Kentucky, Rhode Island, NMSU... that conference tourneys are meaningless.
03-12-2017 07:45 PM

cleburneslim Offline
1st String

I Root For: jax state
Rigged to favor the big name money schools. The rest are simply irrelevant also rans.
03-12-2017 09:43 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: tOSU SJSU
(03-12-2017 06:25 PM)Wedge Wrote:  Committee treats conference tournament games and regular-season games the same way. Did you win or lose, how good is the opponent, was it home, away, or neutral court.

It looks like the committee switched Arizona and Oregon based on the Pac-12 tournament final. But those two teams were very close before the game.

Committee obviously didn't think Duke was close enough to UNC to pass them based on the ACC final.

Kansas is 28-4, including 5-1 against other teams that received NCAA tournament top-4 seeds. They kept their #1 seed because they were far enough ahead of the teams that got #2 and 3 seeds.

Kansas State was the last at-large in the field and probably made the tournament because they beat Baylor in the Big 12 tournament, but not because that game was played in the conference tournament. It was because it was their 3rd win of the season over an NCAA top-4 seed.

Oregon's seed was impacted by Chris Boucher's injury. That is a big blow to their chances, and to the Pac-12 having a good tournament. The Committee factored that in a little bit, although they only have a couple games to examine the team without him.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2017 10:37 AM by Stugray2.)
03-13-2017 10:36 AM
samandrea Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
(03-12-2017 07:39 PM)esayem Wrote:  They aren't meaningless. Michigan's showing in their tournament helped their seeding tremendously. Although...I'll be run out on a rail for admitting this: I think Duke deserved the one seed over UNC.
I would have had no issue if dook and UNC were switched

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
03-13-2017 07:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.